• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you tried the sandbox mode yet?

If so, did you happen to notice anything unusual?

I played the KF demo some time ago in single player mode (yes, I know), but the Patriarch is just too much for one person to handle. The Patriarch pretty much relegates the campaign to multi-player status only (yes, I know: Duh!).

However, I decided to try the sandbox mode and I left the Patriarch sitting on the bench. All went smoothly until I finished off the last creature to finish the stage, which is when I got a "you Lose" message. Is there some other objective beyond just simply clearing the stage of monsters? Otherwise I'm assuming this is a bug. I tried the sandbox mode a couple more times with the same result. So I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this problem. Or, did the programmers find and fix it already?

If anyone here has the time to run a test to find out, I'd appreciate it. If that bug has been fixed then I think I'll pick this game up, because I really enjoyed the sandbox mode. I like tinkering with stuff. :D

Firstly, sandbox mode just allows you to set various options that you normal have little or no control over.

Yeah, that's the gameplay mode I'm referring to.

Second, the only way to get the failure message (Your squad has been wiped out) is if you die. This would seem to suggest that the patriarch killed you with his minigun or rocket launcher.

Ok, so I must have found a bug then. I set up a custom game without the Patriarch - just the standard assortment of creatures. Once I cleared the stage (alive), I'd get the failed message. I wonder if the game programmers are aware of this? I'll mostly be playing single player, so I'll spend most, if not all, of my time in sandbox mode so I can remove the Patriarch from the game. I would play the campaign if the Patriarch were somewhat managable in single player mode, but that's just not the case as it is now. Sandbox mode alleviates this problem. It's fun messing around in sandbox mode.

Anyway, am I the only one to experience this problem in a sandbox game without the Patriarch? I was hoping someone could test this for me before I buy the game. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Firstly, sandbox mode just allows you to set various options that you normal have little or no control over.

Yeah, that's the gameplay mode I'm referring to.

Second, the only way to get the failure message (Your squad has been wiped out) is if you die. This would seem to suggest that the patriarch killed you with his minigun or rocket launcher.

Ok, so I must have found a bug then. I set up a custom game without the Patriarch - just the standard assortment of creatures. Once I cleared the stage (alive), I'd get the failed message. I wonder if the game programmers are aware of this? I'll mostly be playing single player, so I'll spend most, if not all, of my time in sandbox mode so I can remove the Patriarch from the game. I would play the campaign if the Patriarch were somewhat managable in single player mode, but that's just not the case as it is now. Sandbox mode alleviates this problem. It's fun messing around in sandbox mode.

Anyway, am I the only one to experience this problem in a sandbox game without the Patriarch? I was hoping someone could test this for me before I buy the game. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's possible not to win if you select beginner as your difficulty. But even then I completed my first run through the game on normal by beating patty with level 1 perks. I also played mod, but still...
Try other modes than sandbox (given that it isn't actually sandbox) and if you really feel like it there is the developers console which can be used to enable cheats and mess around.

Upvote 0
Me and who's army? Ok, so what are the exploits? Gib 'em to me.

And, if someone could test this for me I'll give you a jelly donut. A stale jelly donut. So what, you guys like playing the game anyway. Hep Me!

lawl exploits....

theres a lot of ways to do it...

on beginner like akame said...anyone can do it with ease...heck the cross bow(headshot) will put him at 200 health(max is 2000 on beginner) before perks. 2 Pipe bombs will kill him. A single clip from the AA12. A canister of flamethrower ammo. A scar clip. A m-14 clip. Pick and choose.

On normal...a level 4 sharpshooter can kill him in one headshot with the crossbow. Getting him to walk over 2 sets of 2 pipe bombs before heals will kill him. A full clip of the aa12 will make him at least run away to heal. A canister of flamethrower ammo will cause him to run. A scar clip to the head will kill him. M-14 clip to the head will kill him. Pick and choose...

etc....etc....etc....He's really not that hard.

Upvote 0
Me and who's army? Ok, so what are the exploits? Gib 'em to me.

I killed the Patty with 3 shots from crossbow as Sharpshooter on suicidal difficulty... so its far from hard if you just hit to the head. He doesnt have too much health on solo, you just have to avoid his rockets and you should be fine.

on beginner like akame said...anyone can do it with ease...

Yea you could even kill him as a berserker I think >_>

Upvote 0