• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beserker suggestions

I agree with the throwable weapons.

Here are something I have been thinking about.

> Some sort of health regeneration, or something like health siphon that allows the berserker to recover his health for every successfully landed blow.

> A berserker only adrenaline boost syringe that grants melee damage immunity (so not Siren shrieks, Husk burn, or Bloat Bile.) for a very short period of time - like 7 seconds - just enough to fight a Flesh Pound toe to toe. It could have nasty after effects like blurred vision and slower movement.
The cost could be 300 as an alternative to armor. Stuff like carrying capacity, duration, and downtime effects could change with higher level.
Also, if another class tries to use it, they only get the side effects :)

> Traps like crude bear traps that will hold the Zeds for a limited time, maybe do some DPS, but mostly used to flank, hold, or escape from something. For Flesh Pounds, if they step on one, it immediately enrages them (damage boost) but they don't move at full speed.

>If you jump while you're surrounded it pushes the Zeds away and makes room to run. That might be very abusable- but Berserkers need something to do with crowd control.

> Area of effect "thorns" shield. That damages Zeds that hit the zerker.

Upvote 0
I think throwing knives could be REALLY fun, giving the zerk a little extra range while benefiting from his melee damage boost and attack speed. They would be worthless for other classes, but should do high damage like a katana swing and/or provide a stun effect similar to a xbow body shot. He should be able to hold 10-20 at a time, and they would provide a class-specific alternative to the xbow against sirens and husks (it looks kind of ridiculous to see a zerk whip out a xbow). They would fall quickly so the range would be limited, and definitely not spammable due to short supply. As such they would not "replace" the katana in any way, but occasionally would provide a short-ranged attack while maintaining high mobility. They could have identical throw mechanics to the grenade and still be effective and versatile, with short cooldown between throws. They could replace the zerk's grenade slot (optional) so the player could hit the grenade button to quickly throw one or more at any time without switching weapons.

(Awesome)

I like the throwing knives idea. Make it a special weapon for zerks. You hit your special weapon key to pull them out, then aim with right click, and throw with left click. Those would be great for taking out crawlers. The benefit would be that you still would be able to move faster and you would do more damage opposed to pulling out your pistol. I don't like the idea of it changing anything about grenade functionality though.

Also, dual machetes is a great idea and I also like the block idea. I am optimistic that tripwire will make some changes because a LOT of people are complaining about the beserker perk. Help us zerkers out tripwire!!

Upvote 0
Either 10-20 throwing knives, or a handful of tomahawks!

Throwing knife damage = 1 katana alt-fire swing (1-shot siren kill)
Tomahawk damage = 2 katana alt-fire swings (1-shot husk kill); FP stun?

The damage, melee speed and movement speed boosts all apply. Even shurikens (ninja stars) would be fun with longer range and faster throw rate, although more cheesy/awesome.

It would be fun to actually need the Trader sometimes...
---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My ideas to improve the Beserker...

- Give the Berserker the ability to taunt off enraged specimens off players.
- At higher levels when the Beserker is reaching critical stages increase his Damage Resistance, Increase weapon damage/Weapon speed, and increase his run speed.
-Give him the ability to sprint?
-Lower the Beskerker's accuracy a tad- have this increase as he levels thus it influences players to be more and more melee oriented.

Finally give the Beserker some more cool melee weapons :p

Upvote 0