• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

metro 2033

Looks like a STALKER sequel. If it is STALKER: Done Right, then that would be great.

I have a feeling it will fail in the same areas though. Looks more like an FPS game though.

But the setting/story doesn't seem like it will top the original STALKER's. Something about the "darkness" invading. :rolleyes: Sounds really corny.

But, lets hope it turns out great. I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

I don't get easily excited but Wow! Seems like a what a sequel to Stalker should be and not just drawing the original game/engine out.

EDIT: definitely the best graphics i've ever seen.

and fallout 3 was crap at least on pc. same glossy gay fantasy faces from oblivion and boring missions.

Best graphics? You must have ever seen UT3 and Crysis.

Upvote 0
UT3 has no antialiasing and the textures arent always the best. And Crysis, who cares if you can't run it? This is more detailed and realistic looking than Crysis full settings anyway.

UT3 has AA for me (force through Nvidia control panel if it isn't working). Textures, especially the faces, are simply the best I've seen. Really, textures are some of the best I've seen in a PC game. In fact, the AA at 8x looks much clearer than it does on Source games for me.

And I can run Crysis pretty well on my $850 that I bought nearly a year ago.

Still have not played a game with graphics as good (that is an FPS).

I didn't watch the whole video, but is this the STALKER engine? If so, I hope it is optimized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat as Lemon and quietly looking forward to finding out more about this game.

Besides I really don't consider STALKER to be an open world game, especially since the game limits your access forward constantly and there's really no roaming at all. It's more like a succession of large outdoor levels.

Maybe not open world, but it definitely is open ended.

Upvote 0