• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Balance and other things, a note from Yoshi.

Yoshiro, please consider that the input you get here is but a small fraction of the full community if you haven't thought of it already. A more accurate way for finding out your community's opinion is to do something akin to a survey. It may help a lot more than just select people on the forums throwing hate at everything they don't like.

They're professionals. They know better than to listen exclusively to forum posts. At least I hope so.

These forums aren't too bad, but if the Steam forums are anything to go by, the average forum user has an IQ that indicates they'd barely be able to dress themselves, let alone rebalance a game...

Upvote 0
They're professionals. They know better than to listen exclusively to forum posts. At least I hope so.

These forums aren't too bad, but if the Steam forums are anything to go by, the average forum user has an IQ that indicates they'd barely be able to dress themselves, let alone rebalance a game...

I understand that they're professionals, but I'm just wary of how they get input. I've never received anything like a questionaire or survey from them, so I'm not clear at all how they get their input aside from the forums. I'm sure there have been emails, mails, phone calls, and reviews, but nothing that is as frequent and responsive as forums, despite the number of people posting is very little compared to the whole.

Upvote 0
I understand that they're professionals, but I'm just wary of how they get input. I've never received anything like a questionaire or survey from them, so I'm not clear at all how they get their input aside from the forums. I'm sure there have been emails, mails, phone calls, and reviews, but nothing that is as frequent and responsive as forums, despite the number of people posting is very little compared to the whole.

They play the game themselves. If I recall, they had servers up (And maybe still do) for surveying how games went and such.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro, please consider that the input you get here is but a small fraction of the full community if you haven't thought of it already. A more accurate way for finding out your community's opinion is to do something akin to a survey. It may help a lot more than just select people on the forums throwing hate at everything they don't like.

If somebody wants input and influence on the game it is their responsibility to post their thoughts here. If they don't care enough to do that then their suggestions clearly aren't that groundbreaking.

Upvote 0
As I see these threads popping up all over I decided I would get permission to address them. And thus I have.

Tripwire is well aware that some of the t3 weapons are what one might called "over powered". There is much debate in the forums as to what should be done to correct this weapon or that weapon. It is a very delicate issue, nobody wants their favorite weapon to become "less" then what it was.

However, after the holidays (Yes, even Tripwire needs vacation time, and several members are off to an early start this week) Tripwire will be looking into the issue. So you won't see anything from us for a few weeks. However any balance tweaking and testing will likely take some time, but we will be actively working on it when the crew stumbles back into the office.

Thank you for your time and have a happy holiday season everyone!

No guys, do what you guys want to do, doesnt mean if the people here are whinging like little school girls, you'd have to do what they say.......

As Nanostrike refered either in the post. Some people seem to have a low IQ and post nonsense. I'd just be sad if Tripwire is influenced by those crying low IQ'd people <.<

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, even Tripwire needs vacation time, and several members are off to an early start this week

Thank you for your time and have a happy holiday season everyone!

There's no better way to spend vacation time welding doors and killing floors!!!! :p so i expect to see you all online helping me achieve my dignity for the dead achievement...! (yes i am saying that developers are never any good at their own games :D)

nah just playing! yay for chrissssssmoooose

can i have a vinyl version of your farm pigs? :confused:

Upvote 0
things that need balance imo are:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
on hard
Crossbow: only sharpshooter lvl5-6 should be able to kill fleshpounds with 2-3 headshots and 1-2 forscrakes... all other classes without bonus for the xbow should need 5-6 headshots for fleshpounds and 3-4 for scrakes

m14: cant say about it since xbow is the weapon i all the time as sharpshooter.. but as far as i remember playing it the first time when it was released it seens to be a tat to powerfull and has a little to much ammo
so reducing basedamage for about 5% and decreasing ammo count from 14 to 10 mags max should do

katana/chainsaw: katana is fine as it is right know allready got used to chick all the time ..even doing it with knife know

but chainsaw is useless i mean you can decap gorefasts but they stay alive for ages...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

basically i want fleshponds and scrakes to be a teamwork thing again and not a oneman job

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chain-Saw: Add the most of the original power back

M14BER: Some Ammo Clips need to be ripped out of the M14BER (not bullet count in the clips but the clips them self)

LAW: make it so the blast radiuis isnt too sensitive so the rocket won't hurt you when you fire it 10-20 feet away (there is a lot of incloosed maps be reasonable, also the weight don't forget the weight.)

That's it...

WAIT!!! I found a title error with the thread Yoshiro is a name not a longer name of Yoshi (I think) and my name is Yoshilast (the last is meant to stand for something but Yoshi is the standalone name), So technically that means the thread is mine as well as yoshiros. ;)

Upvote 0
I wonder how hard it is to join one of their servers...

To your knowledge, do they actually play with fellow people, or do they just observe?

Both, as far as I know.

(that said feel free to nerf samuari windmillers right out of the game!)

I wanna kick you in the nuts, Gus! I miss mah windmill!

Last edited:
Upvote 0