• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Desperados Beer [now The Beer Thread]

Hey all. As I'm sure you can see I'm new here. Not to RO or KF (where I play as various names but mostly Gnar_Kill), just new to the forums. Nice to meet you. I like this community.

Anyway, back to the topic...

I'm not a huge US Bud, Miller, Coors beer fan, I mostly drink German, UK and micro-beers, with the occasional Belgian Wit when I'm feeling a little feminine :p. However, when I was in Africa I had the opportunity to play the glorious game of rugby with the French Foreign Legion. When we finished we would water ourselves down with this fantastic French beer called "Desperados." I absolutely fell in love with the stuff. I don't know if they brew the stuff with agave nectar or if they add tequila to the beer after the brewing process but it has a tequila flavor to it. When I returned to the US I searched several (actually dozens) of liquor stores to no avail. Has anyone in the US ever heard of this beer or found it in stores?

I like to drink... sue me...

I stoped drinking desperados for several reasons. First i once drank like 15 of them, than supposingly front flipped a huge set of stairs landing on my *** besides a couple chilling there wondering what just happend. Than told my driver to **** off, wich he did immediately and also forgot to took my warm coat out of the car. Bad idea in the middle of the night in winter, in switzerland. Only being there for 2 weeks i figured "**** the next village where i live cant be that far rite" and took off. Almost slipped down a slippery slope into a swiss "river", keeped walking, got picked up by a tractor driver after roughly 4 km ( funny enuff thats a community service, he had another drunkard on board ) , walked to the wrong house and rang the bell till someone opend the door and told me that i dont live there and asked why iam soaking wet ( srsly dident realized that ). Finally made it to my flat, and almost got fired the next day, even through it was my only day off in 4 weeks.

yeah desperados..**** that ****...

Upvote 0
I stoped drinking desperados for several reasons. First i once drank like 15 of them, than supposingly front flipped a huge set of stairs landing on my *** besides a couple chilling there wondering what just happend. Than told my driver to **** off, wich he did immediately and also forgot to took my warm coat out of the car. Bad idea in the middle of the night in winter, in switzerland. Only being there for 2 weeks i figured "**** the next village where i live cant be that far rite" and took off. Almost slipped down a slippery slope into a swiss "river", keeped walking, got picked up by a tractor driver after roughly 4 km ( funny enuff thats a community service, he had another drunkard on board ) , walked to the wrong house and rang the bell till someone opend the door and told me that i dont live there and asked why iam soaking wet ( srsly dident realized that ). Finally made it to my flat, and almost got fired the next day, even through it was my only day off in 4 weeks.

no offense but that is damn funny XDDD

Upvote 0

Don't drink and drive. :p

Upvote 0
no offense but that is damn funny XDDD
no offense taken. They told me the frontflip part the next day through. I just remember wanting to go down those stairs and 1 sec later i was sitting besides that couple wondering why they stare at me like that. I also only loosely remember that i went to the wrong house. ( they told me that the next day too and they said i tried to refresh at the fountain and slipped in wich i forgot too ) :rolleyes: HAvent touched tequilla or ****ing desperados ever since...

Upvote 0
no offense taken. They told me the frontflip part the next day through. I just remember wanting to go down those stairs and 1 sec later i was sitting besides that couple wondering why they stare at me like that. I also only loosely remember that i went to the wrong house. ( they told me that the next day too and they said i tried to refresh at the fountain and slipped in wich i forgot too ) :rolleyes: HAvent touched tequilla or ****ing desperados ever since...

one time my dads roommate went to a convention in seatac (pretty damn far away from where i am right now) got drunk on tequila and punched his ride home in the face. so he ended up walking home. he hasn't touched tekillya since.

Upvote 0

It's the not the beers fault that you drank too much of it.

Upvote 0
The Desperados fad is long over where I live. I don't think it contains even traces of "real tequila" btw, it's just chemical aroma stuff.

And it was always considered a girls-beer afaik, because it doesn't taste like real beer but like some sort of mixed drink. Never liked it because you wake up and still have that aftertaste for the next few hours.

Upvote 0
The Desperados fad is long over where I live. I don't think it contains even traces of "real tequila" btw, it's just chemical aroma stuff.

And it was always considered a girls-beer afaik, because it doesn't taste like real beer but like some sort of mixed drink. Never liked it because you wake up and still have that aftertaste for the next few hours.
Haha it's the same over here, same as all those lime twisted beers, all considered girls drinks. Personally I prefer my fermented yeast un-molested by fruits!

If I want tequila I'll get myself some limes and a bottle of the real stuff :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0