• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Defence Alliance 2 RELEASED!

Based on my experience so far I think we should go ahead and balance the game.

1) No more AVeR turrets for defenders. The turret is way too powerful. I have seen countless of attackers trying to build turrets only to get pwned because of the AVeR. Give AVeR only to attackers.
2) Mortar should stay but cause NO to VERY little damage. I love the war chaos DA2 creates. That's we shoot for when we were making the game for UT2004.
3) Remove the prebuilt turrets into the maps. Let defenders go ahead and try to build them. Perhaps for defenders make them build a bit slower.
4) Increase jump height.
5) Decrease the motion blur from explosions. Do not remove it but decrease it.

I do not want to super balance the game for attackers but they do need some help in maps like Triumph.

For speciment survival:

1) Waves and number of speciments should increase based on the number of players.
2) Remove all DA2 objectives as they are useless currently, unless you want the speciments to actually achieve the objectives.
3) Waves should get harder right after a Patriarch is dead. This would make the game more intense and make people work more together.
4) Turrets should not come prebuilt either. The whole point of turrets is for people to work together to build them. The ones are that are prebuilt should only act as "good hints" for the mechanics.

The war chaos in DA2 makes it very intense and very cool. I miss developing DA2!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You get 60 seconds to build turrets.
If they didn't come with prebuilds, you would die very quickly.
It takes, on average about 10-15 seconds for a machine gun turret, and 20+ for an AVER one.

And isn't there a mutator to remove prebuilt?

Yeah, they're needed. You can always remove one with the 'Z' key. The problem is that as soon as you delete one, a newbie engineer pops one up in a HORRIBLE position and hogs the build slot.

Perhaps a modification of one turret and 1 or 2 ammo boxes per mechanic would fix this. I dunno. All I know is we get some major chaos when our mechanic/gunner teams go out to set up and find that a pair of newbies have wasted all the build slots...

I'm loving some of the class synergy in Specimen Survival, though. Medics/Ammo boxes provide a mobile base...rocketeers level and scatter mobs, Gunner/Mechanic teams setting up ownage holding points. With some polish, it could be legendary.

Upvote 0
What the hell is this? I reseted my key confiqs and I can't throw grenades anymore? Tried to reinstall the whole game but still can't use them. Tried to bind every single button.. It worked before I reseted... Fix this so I can throw nades again.... Or please, tell me if there is a way to fix this by myself

yeah this happneed to me too... i also realize the "toggle crouch" button's not in the control menu...

u can reset the keys to the default default by deleting the DA2User.ini in the systems folder (steamapps\common\killingfloor\DA2\System)

a new DA2User.ini will be created when u open the game... that should at least bring your keys back...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah this happneed to me too... i also realize the "toggle crouch" button's not in the control menu...

u can reset the keys to the default default by deleting the DA2User.ini in the systems folder (steamapps\common\killingfloor\DA2\System)

a new DA2User.ini will be created when u open the game... that should at least bring your keys back...

Hey thanks alot man, it worked!

And here is another question: is it intended that when you rejoin the server, you get all the lives back? I mean, every server where I've been playing, the players disconnects and rejoins the server every time they lose all their lives. Feels kinda stupid. Human team always wins. (survival mode btw)

Upvote 0
Hey thanks alot man, it worked!

And here is another question: is it intended that when you rejoin the server, you get all the lives back? I mean, every server where I've been playing, the players disconnects and rejoins the server every time they lose all their lives. Feels kinda stupid. Human team always wins. (survival mode btw)

i doubt it is intented... as the first time i played i fooled around by going into spectate after i ran out of lives... then rejoinning the game by picking a side... i didn'teven have to disconnect...

Upvote 0
Yes you can, we have to have a chat very soon! I still have to receive the code from Ramm, then I can make atleast minor changes, like motion blur..

I know its whole code you can work on takedamage and player controller but the game mode Ill work on. Ill make big hgue changes thatll you 'll love.

Discuss what you want community. Those with iqs over 100.

Upvote 0
I know its whole code you can work on takedamage and player controller but the game mode Ill work on. Ill make big hgue changes thatll you 'll love.

Discuss what you want community. Those with iqs over 100.
[url]http://79.170.44.112/defencealliancegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=81&start=0&sid=c9bb2b0f446a0d6ad860ab591455b20b[/URL]

Hello all (Dest).
So thinking about survival mode recently I came with a few ideas that could (Maybe) enhance gameplay and make the mode more fun/interesting.

There is a few problem currently with survival.

-Specimen Spawn camping Defenders
-Defenders spawn camping specimen
-Using spectator to come back with all lives
-Lives in general.
-Forced respawns

Specimen spawn camping defenders is a game breaking problem. Defenders have zero spawn protection, and since they always respawn at the very first spawn available (even though the whole map is open), it happens very often that defenders become overwhelmed and end up repeatedly dying as they spawn (Most noticeable with the patriarch).
I had a suggestion that could help against spawn camping to an extent.

Close all parts of the map when map starts (Like in assault). Have a time trigger that will open and move the Defenders spawn back every x minute. I know nothing about mapping or coding, but i'm guessing using a time related trigger would avoid having to modify the map. So, making defenders move back will give more space for specimens to advance and defenders will have the impression to actually defend something, along with reducing spawn camping.

Defenders spawn camping specimen (Mostly seen on Blackgold currently) makes up for very boring games. I'm not quite sure how we could fix that, perhaps, like I mentioned above, we could move the zombie spawn further at the same time as the defenders. That would screw up the spawn campers and possibly reduce spawn camping.

Using spectator to come back with all lives is kinda annoying. Remove the feeling that you have to protect yourself because when dying you suffer a penalty (Waiting). Possible solution against this in next paragraph.

I think lives in survival mode is not a bad idea. However it has some flaws, one of which is explained above.
Another flaw (similar) is to rejoin the server and immediately respawn with full lives. There is also the fact that players do not get all their lives back after killing the patriarch, while those who died before the pat get all their lives back. Resetting the lives count on pat death would help.

Another suggestion about lives, is to keep them, but once you run out, you have to wait a certain amount of time or wait for a certain amount of zeds to be killed. When you respawn, you would only have 1 live (Just an idea) and you would have to wait again if you die. Only the Patriarch's would be able to give all lives back.
What does this mean? Joining a game in progress would leave you waiting, instead of instantly getting you back into the game. Be it waiting for a timer or an amount of zeds. This would not prevent spectators but would at least make it a bad idea to use.

For some reasons, in survival mode you are forced to respawn once the countdown ends. Even with "Players have to be ready" on, you are still forced to spawn. This is annoying since you could accidentally spawn before changing class and since lives are limited, you are forced to play a class you don't want to play for another live. In assault, you are always asked to "click" before you can respawn. If possible, it would be great to have this.

One last "request", since lives are limited and you can't change classes to your heart content,(and also because you can get stuck) would it be possible to not lose lives when you purposely suicide (Console: Suicide) and also remove penalty and have instant respawn during the "warmup" timer before zeds spawn for the first time. This would let a player start as mechanic, build what he has to build then, before timer ends, change back to another class.

Riem

Upvote 0