• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Explanation please?

Can someone explain me the Medic Gun? I cant really fun the use of it except killing Specimen with it..

My tactic using the gun as a weapon: forget long range attacks, it's simply not up for the job. Medic has good speed, even with the gun selected, so if you pick off the weaker enemies (clots, stalkers, etc) at close range using short, controlled bursts to the head...decap them and move on. Generally works for me anyway.

For healing, use your secondary weapon function (alt-fire). Point and shoot basically. Use your iron sights to heal far away buddies.

That's all there is to using the medigun. Basic use anyway.

Upvote 0
My tactic using the gun as a weapon: forget long range attacks, it's simply not up for the job. Medic has good speed, even with the gun selected, so if you pick off the weaker enemies (clots, stalkers, etc) at close range using short, controlled bursts to the head...decap them and move on. Generally works for me anyway.

For healing, use your secondary weapon function (alt-fire). Point and shoot basically. Use your iron sights to heal far away buddies.

That's all there is to using the medigun. Basic use anyway.

Thanks! Maybe that is the reason why I couldnt heal and I thought something was wrong, because of the alt fire. :) Thanks! :D

Upvote 0
I tried once, shot a mag empty, and it didnt work, or was it because I was not wearing my contacts?

Uhhh I hope you mean secondary fire.

It's hellishly tricky to use because nearly everyone is constantly counter strike strafing without realising it but it does work once you get the skill. Try to position them so they're moving directly to or directly away from you for an easier shot.

Upvote 0
/facepalms

and yous expect tripwire to answer to this **** ?

Let me guess, he either tried healing specimens and it didnt work, or you fired on moving ally targets and missed twice then comes here complaining it has no purpose..... Which of the two I wonder
I don't believe he asked tripwire to respond to his question, and he already said he didn't try alt firing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The OP didn't understand it was the alt-fire to use the healing dart. He's new, I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like it's well documented in game. Maybe instead of "lol"ing and "wtf"ing you could be a bit more helpful to new people and support the growth of the game. Not everyone has English as a first language.

Be nice, damn you.

Upvote 0
/facepalms

and yous expect tripwire to answer to this **** ?

Let me guess, he either tried healing specimens and it didnt work, or you fired on moving ally targets and missed twice then comes here complaining it has no purpose..... Which of the two I wonder

Nowhere in his post did he ask Tripwire to answer his question. He also didn't say it had no purpose, he simply stated that he couldn't find the use for it. Maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills?

Upvote 0
The OP didn't understand it was the alt-fire to use the healing dart. He's new, I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like it's well documented in game. Maybe instead of "lol"ing and "wtf"ing you could be a bit more helpful to new people and support the growth of the game. Not everyone has English as a first language.

Be nice, damn you.
The in-game tips tell you specifically how to do it when you buy it for the first time :rolleyes:

Upvote 0