• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Achievement ideas

Jelan

Nov 2, 2009
I think new Achievements would be perfect for Christmas. Everyone loves Achievements. And would bring back those who got everything.

Berserker:
Rambo: 1000 Knife kill
Tarzan: 1000 Machete Kill
Fireman: 1000 Axe kill
Samurai: 1000 Katana Kill
Guy from Texas: 1000 Chainsaw kill
Sweat on the Forehead: Survive a wave as a Berserker when the rest of your team has died
Bitter Irony pt. 2: Kill 5 Scrakes on a Long game without getting damage from any of them. With Chainsaw of course.
Catch me if you can!: Kill 30 Specimens on a single wave with a Knife without getting hit.

Sharpshooter:
The pepper is small, but strong: 1000 9mm kill
50 cal funtime: 1000 Handcannon kill
Almost a sniper: 1000 Xbow kill
Willy the Kid: 1000 LAR kill
pWn3d: 1000 M14 kill
Pinpoint accuracy: Comlete a wave with headshots only (At least 15 kills)
Pinpointless Accuracy: Complete a wave without Headshots (At least 15 kills)
They can't hurt if you're far from them: Survive a wave as a Sharpshooter when the rest of your team has died

Commando:
Big clip, big fun: 1000 Bullpop kill
Russia Fan: 1000 AK-47 kill
Expert commando: Survive a wave as a Commando when the rest of your team has died
You can't hide: Kill ALL Stalkers in a wave.

Demolitions:
Vietnam rulz: 1000 M79 kill
Going modern: 1000 M32 kill
I'm a Demolition Man!: Survive a wave as a Demolitions when the rest of your team has died
No head-No threat: Behead 50 Specimens with point-blank Grenade Launcher Shots
Big BOOOOOOOM: Kill 10 or more Specimens either with M79 or M32

Support:
Pump-Action: 1000 Shotgun kill
I want a deer!: 1000 Hunting Shotgun kill
Pumpless-deerless-massacre: 1000 AA12 kill
Support, eh?: Survive a wave as a Support when the rest of your team has died
Lucky boy: Kill a Fleshpound without any pellets missing

Medic:
Oops, that wasn't a dart: 1000 MP7 kill
More than a Medic: Survive a wave as a Medic when the rest of your team has died
"The power is yours!": Heal 100 points on team mates while on the way to the light
Tank?: Tank the damage from a Fleshpound while you're team mates kill it while not hitting it yourself.

Firebug:
Pyromaniac: 1000 Flamethrower kill
soloflamefun: Survive a wave as a Firebug when the rest of your team has died
Burnout: Ignite a Fleshpound and watch it
BBQ: Ignite 15 Specimens at once
Flameless flamer: Kill 5 specimens in a single wave only with your fire grenades

General:
Beginner Pub Crawl: Win a long game on West London on Beginner Difficulty
trans.gif
Butler of the Manor: Win a long game on Manor on Beginner Difficulty
Lab Rat: Win a long game on BioticsLab on Beginner Difficulty
Grain Farmer: Win a long game on Farm on Beginner Difficulty
The Employee: Win a long game on Offices on Beginner Difficulty
The Completely Worthless War: Complete a Long game on all 5 Core Maps on Beginner difficulty.
Ice-Skating Champion: Survive a wave with every perk when the rest of your team has died
Clot time!: Kill 500 Clots
It's red and it's fast: Kill 200 Gorefasts
My chainsaw is my right hand: kill 50 Scrakes
FLESH-POUND: Kill 50 Fleshpounds
Mrs. Perky: Get all your perks up to level 6
Experimenbillicide: Kill 100,000 Specimens

I'd like to hear what is your opinion about that list.
If you like it, you think it could be implemented? :O
WALLS OF TEXT ROCKZ

I think new Achievements would be perfect for Christmas. Everyone loves Achievements. And would bring back those who got everything.

Berserker:
Rambo: 1000 Knife kill
Tarzan: 1000 Machete Kill
Fireman: 1000 Axe kill
Samurai: 1000 Katana Kill
Guy from Texas: 1000 Chainsaw kill
Sweat on the Forehead: Survive a wave as a Berserker when the rest of your team has died
Bitter Irony pt. 2: Kill 5 Scrakes on a Long game without getting damage from any of them. With Chainsaw of course.
Catch me if you can!: Kill 30 Specimens on a single wave with a Knife without getting hit.

Sharpshooter:
The pepper is small, but strong: 1000 9mm kill
50 cal funtime: 1000 Handcannon kill
Almost a sniper: 1000 Xbow kill
Willy the Kid: 1000 LAR kill
pWn3d: 1000 M14 kill
Pinpoint accuracy: Comlete a wave with headshots only (At least 15 kills)
Pinpointless Accuracy: Complete a wave without Headshots (At least 15 kills)
They can't hurt if you're far from them: Survive a wave as a Sharpshooter when the rest of your team has died

Commando:
Big clip, big fun: 1000 Bullpop kill
Russia Fan: 1000 AK-47 kill
Expert commando: Survive a wave as a Commando when the rest of your team has died
You can't hide: Kill ALL Stalkers in a wave.

Demolitions:
Vietnam rulz: 1000 M79 kill
Going modern: 1000 M32 kill
I'm a Demolition Man!: Survive a wave as a Demolitions when the rest of your team has died
No head-No threat: Behead 50 Specimens with point-blank Grenade Launcher Shots
Big BOOOOOOOM: Kill 10 or more Specimens either with M79 or M32

Support:
Pump-Action: 1000 Shotgun kill
I want a deer!: 1000 Hunting Shotgun kill
Pumpless-deerless-massacre: 1000 AA12 kill
Support, eh?: Survive a wave as a Support when the rest of your team has died
Lucky boy: Kill a Fleshpound without any pellets missing

Medic:
Oops, that wasn't a dart: 1000 MP7 kill
More than a Medic: Survive a wave as a Medic when the rest of your team has died
"The power is yours!": Heal 100 points on team mates while on the way to the light
Tank?: Tank the damage from a Fleshpound while you're team mates kill it while not hitting it yourself.

Firebug:
Pyromaniac: 1000 Flamethrower kill
soloflamefun: Survive a wave as a Firebug when the rest of your team has died
Burnout: Ignite a Fleshpound and watch it
BBQ: Ignite 15 Specimens at once
Flameless flamer: Kill 5 specimens in a single wave only with your fire grenades

General:
Beginner Pub Crawl: Win a long game on West London on Beginner Difficulty
trans.gif
Butler of the Manor: Win a long game on Manor on Beginner Difficulty
Lab Rat: Win a long game on BioticsLab on Beginner Difficulty
Grain Farmer: Win a long game on Farm on Beginner Difficulty
The Employee: Win a long game on Offices on Beginner Difficulty
The Completely Worthless War: Complete a Long game on all 5 Core Maps on Beginner difficulty.
Ice-Skating Champion: Survive a wave with every perk when the rest of your team has died
Clot time!: Kill 500 Clots
It's red and it's fast: Kill 200 Gorefasts
My chainsaw is my right hand: kill 50 Scrakes
FLESH-POUND: Kill 50 Fleshpounds
Mrs. Perky: Get all your perks up to level 6
Experimenbillicide: Kill 100,000 Specimens

I'd like to hear what is your opinion about that list.
If you like it, you think it could be implemented? :O
WALLS OF TEXT ROCKZ

beginner, hmm no to easy ^^
50 flesh hmm there is alreadyd 100 flesh with aa12
but they are interesting ^^
dont do it on beginner, think its a challenge

Upvote 0
Wall of text

Im always up for new achievements. It would be fun trying to kill a few hundred specimens using a specific weapon, might actually use the machete LOL... BUT, you should make them harder.

FOR EXAMPLE

Kill 100 specimens with a knife during long game on suicidal difficulty xD
It wouldnt even be hard, you can get like 50 during the first wave by killing clots.

Actually I think all of those achievements should be done under Hard/Suicidal difficulty because it would be way too easy on beginner since you can kill fleshpounds with a knife -_-

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Awesome although I got a couple too...

Raining Blood: Turn 20 zombies into a bloody mist at once on the highest difficulty

Watch the head humpers: Kill 1000 crawlers

Conscientious objector: Survive a wave without killing or harming any enemies

Sterner Stuff: Survive a long game, on any level, 6 player co-op, highest difficulty, nobody dies once

Tools of the trade: beat a game using every weapon, piece of equipment, and grenade once

Red pill or blue pill: Beat a long game activating bullet mode 20 times or more.

Upvote 0
New achievements would be awesome, i finished them all long time ago..

Some ideas:

Dream Team: Win a long game on suicidal with 6 members on your team and everyone with a different perk.

You Can't Touch This!: Win a long game on suicidal and win it without getting any hit from a zed.

Knife Touch: Kill 50 Fleshpounds with the knife

Slow Gore : Kill 75 gorefasts with a katana while on Zed Time

This Is It!: In a space of 30 seconds, kill 1 type of every ZED except The Patriarch with a rocket from the LAW.

H*sk Y*u!: Make a Zed die by the flames of a Husk

And i got some others but i can't be bothered to write them all...

Upvote 0
A few more to throw in.
The number of the beast - With a team of 6 people kill 6 husks with 6 different weapons.
I am invincible - Survive an attack by the patty with 1 HP remaining.
How did you do that? - Kill the patty while he is cloaked.
Goodbye cruel world - Kill yourself while your grabbed by a clot.
21 guns - Have a total of 21 guns among your team, no more no less and finish a wave with all of them still in your teams hands. (melee weapons don't count, dual weapons count as two.)
You'll never take me alive - Kill something as it kills you.
Guns are for the weak - Play a long game without using a single gun.
Wrong game mate - Die on the first wave of beginner without killing a thing.
Weapons of mass destruction - Play a long game with 6 people with all of your team as demomen.
Heaven can wait - Finish a wave when the rest of your team has died with 25 hp or less remaining.
Holy crusade - Kill only one type of zed an entire game.
Lasersights are for rookies - Using the M14 survive 5 waves without using the lasersight on it.
Waste of money - unload a gun without killing a single zed.
Suicide rush - Kill yourself in every wave on a long game.
I don't care if hes resistant - Kill a zed with a weapon its resistant to.
Nothing left standing - End up with everything dead on the last wave including patty and all players.

Upvote 0
A few more to throw in.
The number of the beast - With a team of 6 people kill 6 husks with 6 different weapons.
I am invincible - Survive an attack by the patty with 1 HP remaining.
How did you do that? - Kill the patty while he is cloaked.
Goodbye cruel world - Kill yourself while your grabbed by a clot.
21 guns - Have a total of 21 guns among your team, no more no less and finish a wave with all of them still in your teams hands. (melee weapons don't count, dual weapons count as two.)
You'll never take me alive - Kill something as it kills you.
Guns are for the weak - Play a long game without using a single gun.
Wrong game mate - Die on the first wave of beginner without killing a thing.
Weapons of mass destruction - Play a long game with 6 people with all of your team as demomen.
Heaven can wait - Finish a wave when the rest of your team has died with 25 hp or less remaining.
Holy crusade - Kill only one type of zed an entire game.
Lasersights are for rookies - Using the M14 survive 5 waves without using the lasersight on it.
Waste of money - unload a gun without killing a single zed.
Suicide rush - Kill yourself in every wave on a long game.
I don't care if hes resistant - Kill a zed with a weapon its resistant to.
Nothing left standing - End up with everything dead on the last wave including patty and all players.
Sooooo many of the same achievement....and most of them just fail :x a lot of them encourage bad play :/

Upvote 0
achievments are stupid. there doesn't need to be more of them for people to whine about how they can't get them.

Well I agree and disagree (is that even possible?). Achievements are rather pointless because there is no rewards for completing them, BUT its still kinda fun to see if you can actually beat/get all the challenges/achievements.

Id want to see some actually hard achiements, that require some skill to complete. Such as, beat a long game on Hard difficulty without going to the shop, or beat a long game on Hard difficulty by using only your base weaponary (grenades, pistol and knife). Though, it might be a bit annoying if someone joined your game trying to get the achievent and end up dying all the time lol...

Upvote 0
Well achievements are pointless other than tracking what a player can or can't do. They are designed to help a person prove that they can overcome any challenge set before them. Yes, I know people go and glitch achievements and say omfg im awesome because of it, but it's a system that is for legit people, that's why there is also no reward for it. Why put a reward out for a system so easily abuse-able, especially when that system is just to help prove to a player how much they can push it and give them a feeling of satisfaction.

Personally I do want to see more kill related achievements as I've pretty much gotten all of them(most remaining achievements are just complete a long game on this and that difficulty), and personally I like kill achievements. It gives me something to look forwards to. I like achievements like the experi____icide acheivements, but I don't think they go far enough. 10,000? That's all? That's easily achieved in double digit hours...lower double digit hours. I'd love to see 100k, 250k, 500k, 1mil continuations of it. I don't care much for kill achievements related to weapons though. The law one was fun to achieve but attaching that to say the machete or the handcannon, would have been a nightmare that I wouldn't have wanted to do. A good achievement is one that is achieved without the player being aware of what it takes to accomplish it, OR be related to improving the players game play ability after they are aware of it. Bad acheivements force a player into an awkward play style anyone would be uncomfortable with(suicide types) or reinforces bad play(finishing at low amounts of health, or last man standing types) where it encourages the players to do bad things that screw over their team. Some of the bad achievements ARE in the game currently, though there are quite the number of good achievements as well. It's just I'd still like to see more. I like looking back at a game and seeing that I've achieved everything that could be achieved.

On a side note: I'd love to see mutator-related achievements added in. Just like a one time "complete x mutator on a long game", may or may not be linked to difficulties as well. At least the harder ones, such as Poundamonium, Hellfire, and Archon(if it ever gets whitelisted...though I don't know if it was requested to be?)...maybe scrake too?(don't think that one even has a name?)

Upvote 0
I Fought The Law and Law One: Everyone Kills Uses the Law on the Patty

Epic Fail : On a Group of 6 you are the only one to die vs the Patty (perhaps on every difficulty)

Weapon Master : Use every Weapon once or more in a long 10 wave campaign

GO BOOM!: Set off 12 Pipe Bombs at once

Some for the new official maps too.

Also one for beating a Whitelisted Map

Upvote 0