• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

One steam account -> several clients, for testing purposes ?

Hey guys.
Not sure if it's the right forum.

Sometimes you just need two or more clients to test things (IE: like damage scalling).
Is there any way of running several clients from a single steam account ?

I'll go ahead and assume no ... but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I seriously would let you use mine but im not very trusting ;) anyways just run steam in offline mode like "dirty name" said :D. And it should work. any if you want to know the perk damages obviously just multiply by how my damage increase it says be it 50% 60% ect

Upvote 0
Ok.
And since we are at it ... anyway of running two killing floor client instances in the same machine ?

You know ... alttabbing is much more comfortable than having laptop on the table.

Edit // BTW, I just tried the offline mode trick and didn't work. Freezes on connecting to Index.rom.
Edit //
Log says:
Log: STEAMAUTH : Received duplicate connection for SteamID [x:xxxxxxx]

So I guess it's no good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh...disconnect yourself from the internet. Forgot about that. You can do lan, but u can't do net. Just make sure you have no connection to the outside world while attempting.

Hey Wild, people.
Thanks for replying.

Still no good.
I've tried with both steam client and copy of steam client: Same result, hangs in Index.rom.
Copypaste log at the end in case anybody can think of something.

Cheers.

Code:
Log: Startup time: 45.584000 seconds
Localization: No localization: KillingFloor.General.Run (int)
Log: AInternetLink Resolve failed: Can't find host master0.gamespy.com (WSANO_DATA)
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Failed to resolve master server address, aborting.
Log: Resolved tripwireinteractive.com (69.31.134.234)
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - Test Killing Floor Server 0 | 6
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - Test Killing Floor Server 0 | 6
Log: Resolving wl.tripwireinteractive.com...
Log: Resolving dayleflowers.com...
Log: AInternetLink Resolve failed: Can't find host dayleflowers.com (WSANO_DATA)

Upvote 0