• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please read this Tripwire! by Farber 2nd SS

Do's and dont's from your fan base.

Do:

Make the game gritty and difficultly real!
give us a wide array of historically realistic vehicles!
give us realistic historically correct "field kits" in multiplayer maps!
cover hugging "snap to cover".
add motocycles and side cars with MG's!
add a parry system for melee.
give us weapon jams, fails and other exciting experiences!
Bring out expansions for east europe.
add allot of multiplayer maps.
give us an easy map editor.
give us extra variants of equipment and vehicles!
give us a one life per match only mode, for us units/clans in the RO/DH community who want to battle it out!
add women soldiers to the soviet forces.
Give us combined arms maps!

Dont:

try and compete with COD, that game is for morons!
make the game player friendly for the sake of game play!
make a snap to cover 3rd person!
make hero classes!
sell us out to the console gang!
take the skill away from the game for a bigger customer base.

Overview:

We dont care (but appreciate) how good the game looks, we dont care how hard it is to learn how to play and we dont want it easy. We want realistic difficulties, we want hardship and skill. Please dont let us down and create a COD clone... Create small and big maps with combined arms, dont hemm us in! Make realistic buildings with doors and bannisters. Give us the same as before but better and up to date and we will be yours!

QUOTE! :p

Upvote 0
I could already imagine (presuming the game would not be concentrated around Stalingrad only) those small batches of lacquered steel ammunition issued to germans in 1945, basically making them to rely on their bayonets and fists and shovels than their guns and russians could simply just imagine it's a turkey shootout.

That'd be rather epicly notorious map :p
I shoot lots of lacquered steel cased ammo, can't say there's anything wrong with it other then it's quite dirty.

Upvote 0
“Due to the lack of suitable raw materials, such as copper and zinc, the cartridges for our rifles and machine guns were no longer being made of brass, but of normal steel. The unprotected steel would have normally soon rusted but, as no soldier in the German Wehrmacht could have rust on his arms and ammunition, the Aryan masterminds of the greater German Reich had come upon the solution of dipping the cartridges in transparent lacquer to prevent rusting. One would surely be overestimating the intelligence of those responsible for this decision if one accused them of sabotage! The effect this measure had on fire power of our troops is almost indescribable. The 98 Carbine then in general issue as an infantry weapon was meant to be used as a repeater, but as a result of the lacquering of cartridges, the ejection of empty cartridges after firing by means of lifting and pulling back the bolt was only seldom possible, and even then only within half a second of having fired. Usually the short time it took to reach for the knob of the bolt was sufficient to enable the cartridge to burn fast in the breech. When this occurred regularly, it was not very clever to present oneself as a target to the enemy while trying to clear the breech under cover. The rifleman therefore had to go back into the trench with his unusable weapon each time after firing and by hammering the knob of the bolt with either a hefty kick or a blow from his bayonet, pull back the bolt and force the empty cartridge out of the breech with his ramrod, providing it was long enough. Sometimes a hard bang of the stock on the bottom of the trench sufficed.

http://www.dererstezug.com/LateWarGermanAmmunition.htm

I am sure that explains what's wrong with that late war german ammunition that was issued in small batches in 1945.

Upvote 0
http://www.dererstezug.com/LateWarGermanAmmunition.htm

I am sure that explains what's wrong with that late war german ammunition that was issued in small batches in 1945.

Man, I wonder what laquere they were using. :p That ammo deserves to be called as bad ammo.

This is a weird thing in that sense, that as far as I know, laquered steel case ammunition was used by Soviet troops in WWII, and it was usually the standart casing. Can anybody confirm this? And laquered steel made cartridge cases were and still are the standart case in Russian military ammunition and also on some civilian ammunition (for example Barnaul, I have shot those many times). Sure, laqueder steel case makes the chamber very dirty and can cause a sticky bolt easily. But the opening of the bolt is not that hard, as the Germans experienced. Just irritating.

The laquere, the amount of coating and also the general quality of the case must have been just terrible with the Germans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man, I wonder what laquere they were using. :p That ammo deserves to be called as bad ammo.

This is a weird thing in that sense, that as far as I know, laquered steel case ammunition was used by Soviet troops in WWII, and it was usually the standart casing. Can anybody confirm this? And laquered steel made cartridge cases were and still are the standart case in Russian military ammunition and also on some civilian ammunition (for example Barnaul, I have shot those many times). Sure, laqueder steel case makes the chamber very dirty and can cause a sticky bolt easily. But the opening of the bolt is not that hard, as the Germans experienced. Just irritating.

The laquere, the amount of coating and also the general quality of the case must have been just terrible with the Germans.

well ive shot a few different laquered steel cases out of my G98, never had any problems

and yes Soviets mostly used steel cases, but you could also find brass

and the bernaul i know were made of some verry strange aluminium-brass combination, making it unable for you to reload them

Upvote 0
Please, no weapon jamming! In all games I've played it is very annoying, and doesn't add to the immersion of the game. It feels more like a sadistic implementation by the devs than anything else, making the game less fun for no gains whatsoever. I strongly advise against it, especially if Tripwire is planning on making the game more accessible.

What I'm more concerned with is improved aesthetics to the game, such as seeing your breath in the cold, tracers brighter at night than the during the day (as Zets mentioned), and diving with a hand out to break the fall. Little things such as these help with immersion, without negatively detracting from the WWII experience.

Upvote 0
In all seriousness jamming IS irritating and can happen randomly. I've had jams with bolt action K98's before without falling in mud/water or other elements.

Nothing is worse than getting a jam in your K98 when you can't even open the bolt :(

i have a perfect kept original Mauser k98 and i have to say.

NOTHING is JAMMING !

i use 8x56 IS Ammo like used in WW2.
maybe your k98 is very very corroded and old at the chamber so the case get pressed against the rough chamber and got stuck. then you must be strong to open the bolt.
the other idea is you use old (and inside corroded) ammunition that wont even shoot.

second thing is that the k98 never really addicted to jamming. more the Tompson or MGs because of their complex architecture.
even when i shot a M1 Garand i only had jamming with old corroded ammunition.

and believe me, in WW2 the Ammunition was as good as NEW so FORGET JAMMING IN GAMES

Upvote 0