• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Campaign mode?

Krieg Jaeger

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
Apparently, this was one of the original modes out of the box for the old mod. And frankly, I'd love to have something a little more substantial than survival mode on different maps.

Who knows. Throw in some character development, you don't need voice actors, text works fine, give us an idea of how the zeds are spreading and how much of the world is falling before them. Maybe something as dramatic as trying to hold the walls of refuge as the zeds storm and the people escape.

Obviously, it would be a lot of work, but working with a group of people on a campaign to systematically shut down (or attempt to anyways) the various cloning and r&d facilities. And salvage some of humanity would be pretty damn interesting as opposed to "Hey! your dropped in another ****ty place! Survive!".

I'd like to see a story/campaign mode but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I pre-ordered this game for $15 bucks clear back in May. I've played at least 4 times a week for 2 hours or longer each night. (That is a very conservative estimate too).

From May to December is 7 months. 4 weeks in a month times 4 days of playing per week is 16 days times 2 hrs per day is 32 hours of play time each month. 32 hrs per month times 7 months equals 224 hours of playing time. (Again very conservative).

Now if you take my 15 bucks and divide it by 224 hours of playing time it comes out that I paid just shy of seven cents an hour to play this game.

Long story short...even if they don't come out with a story mode I got my money's worth.

Upvote 0