• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What did the specimens use to look like?

The chopper dropping us off is cooler than what we have now. And wow, the trader is (or was) a bathroom!

And look! There are couches and filing cabinets! Did they cause more problems because they were there?

Honestly, I really do like the unlit environment of the previous version.

Hey dex, what's your rig anyway?

Upvote 0
The chopper dropping us off is cooler than what we have now. And wow, the trader is (or was) a bathroom!

And look! There are couches and filing cabinets! Did they cause more problems because they were there?

Honestly, I really do like the unlit environment of the previous version.

Hey dex, what's your rig anyway?

heres the thing, back then the couches and filing cabinets were all "netkactors" meaning that you could push them around and create barriers even. problem with this now is players would use these to get to places so they can level their perks. but back then, if a couch was in the way, the zombies would eventually push it out of the way. so nah they didnt cause many problems, and it was fun sometimes to be with your friends pushing a table to block a door haha.

my rig:

9800GTX+
2.4ghz core 2 duo
3 gigs RAM

Upvote 0
here is bioticslab from 1.0, i took a screenshot of the campspot we all use now (the U room) also lol, we never camped there back in the mod though. we had a diff spot where we wuold camp.

biotics01.png

biotics02.png

biotics03.png

biotics04.png

biotics05.png

biotics06.png

biotics07.png

biotics08.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice rig. I'm slowly saving up for an new system. I'm going to be using the Intel I7 2.66GHz quad core on the DX58SO motherboard with the same 9800GTX+ with 6 gigs of RAM using the Windows 7 OS.

Wish me luck on my endeavor!

The original Biotics Lab is a lot more realistically chaotic than our current one once again. How would I put it?

It's more believable to be a place where specimens went rampant and killed people left and right.

And...is it me or is the clot actually wearing...pants?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice rig. I'm slowly saving up for an new system. I'm going to be using the Intel I7 2.66GHz quad core on the DX58SO motherboard with the same 9800GTX+ with 6 gigs of RAM using the Windows 7 OS.

KF is mostly about CPU power so that 2.66ghz quad core should come in handy for running KF smooth.

Upvote 0
Well, there is that problem of KF not being multi-core capable, but I have no doubt that it'll do a whole lot better than my current...dinky HP laptop.

really? i have a core 2 duo like i said, and with all settings on high, i get 90 fps in KF retail. but its such a old processor that im really surprised. when i play KF mod i get even better fps. specimen show up and my frames dont dip at all lol.

PS: yeh the clot has pants haha, bloat does too haha. i like them naked more because i can relate to something like that.

Upvote 0
If you're referring to my laptop, I have to run the game in the 1024*something mode just to get a consistent 30 fps with everything in the normal and low range. The thing's got a 1.8 dual core processor with some sort of an Nvidia video card system inside.

PS: Did Tripwire ever explain why the pants were taking off? It didn't make sense for all the zombies to have matching pants or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you're referring to my laptop, I have to run the game in the 1024*something mode just to get a consistent 30 fps with everything in the normal and low range. The thing's got a 1.8 dual core processor with some sort of an Nvidia video card system inside.

PS: Did Tripwire ever explain why the pants were taking off? It didn't make sense for all the zombies to have matching pants or something?

ah, the pants thing is just 1.0, not sure why Alex made them naked in 2.0, but i think maybe he is a freespirit like me who believes in the sexual energy one receives when seeing an army of naked zombies approaching you.

Upvote 0
The KF mod really captured the whole "uninviting/you shouldn't be here" atmosphere. It was dark, mysterious and scary.

The retail KF is very much less so. It isn't nearly as gritty (though I didn't really like the grit that much) or gorey. The blood is too clean looking. Overall it looks more like a scenario RIGHT after the outbreak whereas the mod looks like the outbreak happened a few months ago.

Upvote 0
Well, KF 1.0 left more like "Going for Silent Hill Rust'nBlood but ended up smearing sh*t all over the place" rather then "uninviting/you shouldn't be here". KF 2.5 hit the balance well and not too different from Retail. Sure KF can use "smeared sh*t" or actual "rust and blood" theme more often. But in the end the KF 1.0 felt like the sewage system in the Heaven exploded and rained down to London, sure you knew what it was trying to be and accepted it. But it just wasn't cutting it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The original Biotics Lab is a lot more realistically chaotic than our current one once again. How would I put it?

It's more believable to be a place where specimens went rampant and killed people left and right.

And...is it me or is the clot actually wearing...pants?

Wait on the i7 until the i9 is released its gunna be a 6 core so the price of an i7 should drop significantly.

Im hoping to build a pc with an nvidia GTX 285, 4GB ram,win7 ultimate 32bit and an i7 processor but I'm hoping the i9 will drop the i7 price. Too bad no application will use all 6 cores of the i9 for a while.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly? It looks like something out of the original Medal of Honor games. The images where you have the knife out actually looks almost like a scene out of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

I've just noticed now, but what is that red bar on the right of the screen? Is a visual representation of your current clip or is it something else entirely?

Upvote 0
Honestly? It looks like something out of the original Medal of Honor games. The images where you have the knife out actually looks almost like a scene out of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

I've just noticed now, but what is that red bar on the right of the screen? Is a visual representation of your current clip or is it something else entirely?

thats your weight on the far right. at one point Alex made a backpack that you can buy at the trader. it would give you extra space to carry more guns.

Upvote 0