• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-CandleSmoke (WB Mission Map)

Still got to play this online as yet fel/dex and looking forward to it.

regarding the patty path, not looked so dont know but could you not make the path oneway only? I know ive seen the setting but not to sure if it would solve your issue.

Filthy.
if it was 1 way only then the zombies from the top of the hill wont be able to get to the bottom, and vice a versa. Imma try and block the paths so they dont connect, but put 2 nodes close to each other, (one on each side of the gate) no path between. That way when the gate is closed there is no path, but when its open, the zombies dont have to walk around aimlessy that long until they find the next node.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for a great map. KF-CandleSmokeBETA is really challenging and fun to play. And this time, I'd like to report my problem.

I played this map both in solo and online multiplay.
According to your advice, I walked ahead quite little by little, and sometimes went back. But over 140 - 200 Specimens spawn at the same time. That causes serious frame rate down, and makes my game almost hard or impossible to play.
I think my PC spec is enough to play Killing Floor, Quad Core 3.0G CPU and GeForce GTX 295 and so on.
And I really hope this problem will be improved.
Thank you :)

P.S.
Sorry, I forgot to mention about my Display settings in KF.
* Resolution 1920x1200
* Game details Low
* Widescreeen : On
* Other settings : Default

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for a great map. KF-CandleSmokeBETA is really challenging and fun to play. And this time, I'd like to report my problem.

I played this map both in solo and online multiplay.
According to your advice, I walked ahead quite little by little, and sometimes went back. But over 140 - 200 Specimens spawn at the same time. That causes serious frame rate down, and makes my game almost hard or impossible to play.
I think my PC spec is enough to play Killing Floor, Quad Core 3.0G CPU and GeForce GTX 295 and so on.
And I really hope this problem will be improved.
Thank you :)

P.S.
Sorry, I forgot to mention about my Display settings in KF.
* Resolution 1920x1200
* Game details Low
* Widescreeen : On
* Other settings : Default

BTW only about 30-40 zombies are out at a time. Dont trust the counter.

BUT This mission was not meant for solo play. I pump so many zombies out at once so that 3-4 players can take care of them....

how many times do i have to say this?

This map is optomised to the fullest, there is nothing else we can do, except pump less zombies out. But then the map will be too easy... When you are playing a normal map (with btw they are about 4x less the size) there is about 30 -40 zombies ALAWYS in play. sooooooo try playing this with more people, that means that more poeple will be killing zombies, THUS less lag.

I have a CRAPY computer and have NEVER experienced lag

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i love that mission map
We need more map like this i beated it with 4player and it was realy great
we got the patriarch porbleme also.. was like "wtf where is he?" during 10minute lol
the map become realy nice in the middle when you enter undergrounds and other.

i just wait for some other map in that concept
maybe add more real story in game.. just "go throught the forest" in the begin and some other short sentence isn't enought for me
should have a real story.. what the mission etc..
you should remouve the traders character at the end.. why that girl sell weapon in the f..ing last room...just a amunation room should more fit with the map for me

i like the door with key.. i dunno if its possible to have more thing like this ..

maybe something like cooperation for open a door:
for open a door you need 2 player who switch a bouton all in sametime..
thing who force cooperation for go throught the map

or

puzzle and enigme (find a little paper where is it not a code)
or a real enigme like in silent hill i think about "piano" enigm if you know the game or something like this ) but not too hard.

i saw there was some part where speciment didn't respawn . just after a "wave"

that moment could be use for enigm and other.. something like "quite moment before the hell" that moment remind me a bit resident evil 1

its a good map hard i love it
but could be better for me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
next mission map we make will blow this 1 away. Its gonna be fully objective based. blah blah blah.

This map wasn't meant for the open door, download the information, type of game play.

Just Linear motion. This basically was just a practice map for the next map we make.

UPDATE: Doing final testing, Final should be uploaded tomorrow.

Still havent fixed the pat walking in the gate thing.. Im stumped :confused::confused:

thing who force cooperation for go throught the map

HA.... i do believe you need great communication and cooperation to survive the map. If i was to have a door that needs 2 people to open, what would happen when there is only 1 guy left? That would piss people off, and they would quit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you very much for your kind reply, Mr.Fel
And I'm really sorry for not understanding many important points.
I always play this map with my friends ( 4-6 players ). It's very tough try, but my friends say " This map is very challenging and ... one more try !".
We think this map is one of the best Co-op map. We always stick together and heal each other, and share weapons and ammo. And we always feel the sense of accomplishment.
I sincerely appreciate you and am looking forward to the final version :) !!

Upvote 0
Few issues:

1: regarding the Pat running to the gate. Ive tried everything, one way pathing, blocking the pathing yea. All this does is makes the zombies clueless to wherer the player is, and they wont go through the gate. So unless someone can think of something else, hes just gonna run to the gate.

2: Removing the zombie counter: The only way to do this is to remove the ENTIRE hud display. Im working on making a picture or something to place over the counter so you dont see it

Upvote 0
If it plays well, and the final is tight
HA HA you just made me laugh :D *points up to all previous posts* see what they say

Enjoy ! Remebr dont play it by yourself, there is a set # of zombies, and its ment for 4-6 players
we can beat this EASILY now with 5 players. Gonna try hard mode in a bit.

Normal = Hard

Hard = suicidal

Dont get cocky try normal a few times 1st

Last edited:
Upvote 0