• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gore?

Yeah, I thought of linking that since it's the easiest pic I could think of, but it'd be in bad taste. Plus it is really low res.

add to the fact that the carcano only fired 6.5mm ammo compared to an 8mm mauser its verry likely that the back of the head will pretty much desintegrate if hit dead center

WW2 era rifle rounds do a LOT of damage, heads will normally nearly desintegrate, maybe not in SOF style, but you really wont be able to identify that person from facial characteristics afterwards

Upvote 0
In germany they will censor it if there is too much blood, realistic violence etc thats really a pitty. They already did it with Ro:OST, in my opinion the incisions there arent that serious, for example bodies do not rip apart after explosions. But i pay for game which i can not enojoy to the fullest, i do not get the entire content thats bothering me. In conclusion it will boil down for me to order a copy from outside germany and pay extra shipping costs...

Upvote 0
In germany they will censor it if there is too much blood, realistic violence etc thats really a pitty. They already did it with Ro:OST, in my opinion the incisions there arent that serious, for example bodies do not rip apart after explosions. But i pay for game which i can not enojoy to the fullest, i do not get the entire content thats bothering me. In conclusion it will boil down for me to order a copy from outside germany and pay extra shipping costs...

well it stopped working in Ost

i bought a "german" copy by frogster in the store in addition to my steam version

steam version was not cencored, retail version was
after that update both versions were uncencored, due to the fact that steam recognized that i dont live in germany ;)

Upvote 0
do you get the uncensored version in NL!? isnt there any censorship !?
i only live 45 car minutes away from the dutch border... maybe i should visit your little country and buy a copy there:D

the thing is that afaik it doesnt matter in Ost (not so sure for the reast of steam tho) wich version you buy, it only matters where you live

Upvote 0
the thing is that afaik it doesnt matter in Ost (not so sure for the reast of steam tho) wich version you buy, it only matters where you live

arrgh yes thats correct, even though i bought the retail version of RO:OST i had to download the content via steam. I just see my aspirations of an uncensored HoS going down the toilett. Maybe a solution would be to fake your location with a proxy create a new account and then download HoS or games in general...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
add to the fact that the carcano only fired 6.5mm ammo compared to an 8mm mauser its verry likely that the back of the head will pretty much desintegrate if hit dead center

WW2 era rifle rounds do a LOT of damage, heads will normally nearly desintegrate, maybe not in SOF style, but you really wont be able to identify that person from facial characteristics afterwards

Maybe it was not a 6.5 mm coming from mr. Lee Harvey Oswald

Upvote 0
the way i see it. a good video game and a good movie are much alike; forgive the analogy because i just took a film class. in a good movie, bad effects or continuity lapses ( the pillow is there, then its gone, then its there, then bob is wearing a different colour shirt) detach you from the movie, as opposed to drawing you in and making you feel as part of the story. the same is true in a video game, if things just dont fit right they can really destory the immersion and lower peoples satisfaction with the game.

as such i recommend gore, all kinds of it; visual bullet impacts (torn clothes blood leaking from wound), i could start to list a long list of all types of gore that increase immersion, but im sure TWI gets the idea. just make it realistic , by which i mean not over the top (my 9mm shouldent explode somones body like a tank shell).

Oh and to those who want to know roughly what a ptrd would do to a human, just go youtube some of those afghanistan/iraq .50 cal sniper kills. given the .50 might have a different kinetic energy the rounds are roughly equal. BTW its gory, and looks somewhat like a balloon poping ...

edit: i should add that my earlier tidbit about ruining the experience applies to too little gore, and too much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It really depends because not all WW2 rifle rounds were not the same in power scale like the .30 carbine or the calibers the Japanese and Italian rifles used. A 7.62x51 is about the same in power as a 7.62x54R or a 8mm mauser. Heads disintegrating? I don't really have anything to counter this with, but I shot a pumpkin with a M1 Carbine and it didn't blow up, but it left a decent sized hole in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It really depends because not all WW2 rifle rounds were not the same in power scale like the .30 carbine or the calibers the Japanese and Italian rifles used. A 7.62x51 is about the same in power as a 7.62x54R or a 8mm mauser. Heads disintegrating? I don't really have anything to counter this with, but I shot a pumpkin with a M1 Carbine and it didn't blow up, but it left a decent sized hole in it.

yeah right, since when is a .30 carbine considered a full sized rifle round?
and SORRY (yes seriously mister nitpicky pick pick i need to throw in my absolutely useless comments just to not proof anything but my ability to nitpick) for only saying WW2 era rifle rounds (and a M1A1 still is not considered a rifle but a carbine) and not full sized rifle rounds -.-' (and a 6.5mm arisaka and similar are not full sized rifle rounds but intermediate cartridges)

just a little pro tip for you, if you have nothign to add to a discussion but useless nitpicks then dont do it, or else you will be viewed as a troll

PS: if you even would have bothered to read my pervious comments then you would have found out (suprise suprise!) that i said:
heads will normally nearly desintegrate, maybe not in SOF style, but you really wont be able to identify that person from facial characteristics afterwards
did i say that they simply desintegrate into a spray of blood?

nearly =/= fully
just like
constructive post =/= useless nitpicking

EDIT:
just to prove my point, you really wont be able to see much of a head anymore after a full sized rifle round hit
YouTube - Melon Shooting
that was not dead center

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice find on the video Lemon.
I hope the engine can get this done but somehow I'm certain it she can handle it. It reminds me of Ballistic Weapons V2.4 which was overall brutal and "allowed" you dismemberment and impact holes on the body

@censorship: I noticed that not the place where you live is important but rather the language settings you're using on your steam account.
Still to prevent you from having an English setted steam account and a still cutted version, just get the UK or even the US version to be sure to go for full gore and full symbolics.

Upvote 0
yeah right, since when is a .30 carbine considered a full sized rifle round?
and SORRY (yes seriously mister nitpicky pick pick i need to throw in my absolutely useless comments just to not proof anything but my ability to nitpick) for only saying WW2 era rifle rounds (and a M1A1 still is not considered a rifle but a carbine) and not full sized rifle rounds -.-' (and a 6.5mm arisaka and similar are not full sized rifle rounds but intermediate cartridges)

just a little pro tip for you, if you have nothign to add to a discussion but useless nitpicks then dont do it, or else you will be viewed as a troll

PS: if you even would have bothered to read my pervious comments then you would have found out (suprise suprise!) that i said:
did i say that they simply desintegrate into a spray of blood?

nearly =/= fully
just like
constructive post =/= useless nitpicking

EDIT:
just to prove my point, you really wont be able to see much of a head anymore after a full sized rifle round hit
YouTube - Melon Shooting
that was not dead center
Blah Blah Blah. You didn't say full sized rifle round you said rifle. I don't believe 6.5mm are seen as intermediate cartridges. Anyhow, a watermelon dosen't have a skull.

Upvote 0
verry goory

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Personally I think blood and gore is fine as is. As mentioned, it may be nice to have more "hit areas" like feet, hands, digits, etc. Maybe more blood on/under shredded corpses or body scaring when shot but other than that, I feel that gore is fine as is.

The rifles used in WW2 fired FMJ rounds; the bullet tends to travel through the body intact, especially when it hits something comparatively soft (like the skull + brain matter). Yeah, the target's brains are gonna be jello afterwards, and some of it will come out the exit wound, but his head isn't gonna explode or anything like that. It might if it was hit with something much larger though (PTRD round, maybe?).

Hehehe ;)

Upvote 0