• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-CandleSmoke (WB Mission Map)

i have a few observations ;)

is the map only playable on normal? i was trying it on suicidal and only lasted in the tunnel (to many dam crawlers lol) and theres lack of ammo so i dont know if theres the posiblity to put an armory and unweld the door or to open it we have activate something or make the ammo spawn more often (just some ideas :p), i tried it on hard and went more further but theres not enough ammo lol so i died.

the map is really good i like it and looking forward to see another map like this! :D
were you buy yourself? I have come close to beating on hard, but i havent really tried. If you have a GOOD 6 player team you could beat it on suicidal. DONT EXPECT TO BEAT THIS YOUR 1st TIME ITS A HARD MAP.

You cant solo this mission, it requires a good team of 4-6 players for ANY difficulty

Like a said b4 2 people can beat it on normal, so 4-6 people can beat it on hard and 6 can beat it on suicidal. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD MEDIC

This map is EZ on normal for me, with only 4 people team. so yea..... keep trying youll get it.

on the ammo issue, through the 100's of test this has gone through, even with 6 people, NOONE has had an ammo issue. maybe you should conserve your ammo.

PEOPLE STOP TRYING TO SOLO THIS YOU WILL DIE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Beat with about 20 ppl (hard)

Beat with about 20 ppl (hard)

as in title, we played this tonight and won, though obviously it wasn't balanced for > 6 players. Was still hard coz of the HP increase, and lack of traders meant there wasnt enough ammo to go round and pretty much everyone used chainsaws.

My suggestions after one run through would be:
a) try and use some different fog and lighting variety, its looking bland
b) anything you can do about the long wait from reaching destinations and waiting for the zed counter to reach 0? Or did we only have this prob coz we had so many ppl?
c)on the second last wave me and another guy were bringing up the rear and a a metal gate closed in front of us, blocking us off from the team and we died without being able to get through the gate again. Again, maybe a >6 player problem
d) The first time the Patriarch ran off to heal, he got stuck on the gate at the end of the level. We eventually went looking for him and I think he was still trying to walk through the door and didn't fight back, so we blasted him to hell and it was a little cheap.

PS very well done so far because I'm so sick of camping playstles in KF and obviously this forces you to move through the whole level while gunning. Its refreshing to say the least

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Theres a problem I found while playing the map, if you backtrack to go look for missed items and your teammates dont let you know that they're going ahead, a trader door appears and you cannot catch up to your team, forcing you to rejoin the game. I don't know if this is something intended, but it isn't really fun/useful/realistic imo.

Upvote 0
OK, so lets touch a few things.

I think im going to put a quicker respawn on the ammo by the way.

ON the count of respawning the players, i cant do it any sooner, cause the players respawn are triggered by the wave end. what happens when the wave ends? the timer starts and doors open. SO i cant end it early cause 1 if i spawn zombies during the timer it will freeze the timer, and 2 door will open too soon.

Theres a problem I found while playing the map, if you backtrack to go look for missed items and your teammates dont let you know that they're going ahead, a trader door appears and you cannot catch up to your team, forcing you to rejoin the game. I don't know if this is something intended, but it isn't really fun/useful/realistic imo.

I also made it so if you want to go back looking for weps, doors will close on you THUS locking you in the map. So stay with the team.

I at one time was not getting any damage. Playing on easy but I was immortal...
Also when we join a playing game, can we get in? i never did, I always leave because I never get in.

umm you can get in until the players have reached the checkpoint. There are certain checkpoints along the way. Each trader door you see is the final hold point for that section. as soon as they make it there and kill all the zombies you will respawn in. It takes a little longer cause each wave area is the length of 2 waves. thus making it harder.

If you dont have patience then your not gonna get in

e Patriarch ran off to heal, he got stuck on the gate at the end of the level. We eventually went looking for him and I think he was still trying to walk through the door and didn't fight back, so we blasted him to hell and it was a little cheap.

I have been trying to work on that problem. What is happening is there is a path between the closed gate. I cant take it out, so the pat is trying to use that path to run away. Ill think of something to stop that.
I even put Bcollidepath = true. but the problem with that is that there needs to be a path there so the zombies from the top can get down to you

Oh wait, i think i just thought of something that might work.

c)on the second last wave me and another guy were bringing up the rear and a a metal gate closed in front of us, blocking us off from the team and we died without being able to get through the gate again. Again, maybe a >6 player problem
t
This map is ment for 6< people. but i will trigger that gate to close a little later then

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Playing this map with one person feels like playing old KF again, difficulty-wise. I like it so far, but will have to test with my group.

Also this map eats computers alive. Tried it on

-3.4 pentium 4
-2 gb ram
-128 MB ATI radeon x600 se (the biggest issue)

and got 9 fps at lowest settings (800x600 custom-lowest).

The oddest thing was the map ran at about 30 until the specs spawned. I don't think the computer was being processor bound, but I couldn't see the specs so I don't think graphic rendering was taking place. Did you guys zone the map heavily or not?

Upvote 0
This map is so big, but we did the best we could to optomise fully. I have a crappy comp, but not that bad. It runs fairly good for me.

much to ask to no do the hard limits of 6 people let it be an opportunity to play and more .. thanks
:)

like i said b4, its been beaten with 2 people normal

Did you guys zone the map heavily or not?
we know what we are doing for optomisin, this is optomised to the fullest. Tons of zones, antis, areas set to unlit cull on everything no collision on anything, used blockers, trees set to deco layer, yea

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great map once again, I enjoyed playing with you and roll_toad. The faster ammo spawn would be appreciated, as for fixing the ammo spawn in the first tunnel where the Handcannons are.
yea i had it so when you moved up, the ammo behind you deleated, but it messed up for that tunnel section. I thought i fixed it by taking out that feature. Its fixed now, for the final version.

Lol i thought this was the funniest panda; Admin Drawscale is hilarious

Shot00227.jpg

Shot00228.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah for a map like this mate I wouldn't rush getting the final out the door. You fix one thing and it may break something else. Glad you are putting a 2nd beta out but I wouldn't be putting some kind of deadline on the final.

P.S. regarding patty I don't know whats on the other side of that door that he is trying to run to, but if you want him to be able to run there and heal in peace, just make the door have no collision, then put a ZombieZone volume over it so patty can get through but players can't.

Upvote 0
P.S. regarding patty I don't know whats on the other side of that door that he is trying to run to, but if you want him to be able to run there and heal in peace, just make the door have no collision, then put a ZombieZone volume over it so patty can get through but players can't.

I have been trying to work on that problem. What is happening is there is a path between the closed gate. I cant take it out, so the pat is trying to use that path to run away. Ill think of something to stop that.
I even put Bcollidepath = true. but the problem with that is that there needs to be a path there so the zombies from the top can get down to you

if i take off collision then the path nodes will connect so he will try and go to the gate just like hes doing now.

i think it would look weird to see him walk though the gate

Last edited:
Upvote 0