• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-CandleSmoke (WB Mission Map)

Fel

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
KF-CandleSmoke

This map needs to be played with a SOLID team of 4-6 players in order to beat. This map IS NOT meant for solo

Download File:
http://www.filefront.com/15098439/KF-Candlesmoke.rar/http://www.filefront.com/15055799/KF-CandlesmokeBETA.rar

Authors
:
Fel and Dextronaut

Total gameplay : About 55 min.

Testing Needed: Tell us how fun it is.

Recommended 1st time play
: NORMAL

WARNING This mission requires constant teamwork for a good win. Sharing ammo and weapons is a must. Also dont run too far ahead. The more you run ahead the more zombies that spawn so the harder your gonna make it for yourself.

Info:

This is a perkable mission map where players can still come into the game late, and be right along with the progress. Weapons and ammo are delicately placed around the map so that players will always have ammo to kill.

This map is HARD, But we have beaten this with 4 people on normal.
ENJOY! :D

ScreenShots

Click here for more screenshots

Shot00048.jpg

Shot00174.jpg

Shot00218.jpg

Shot00031.jpg

Shot00038.jpg

Shot00032.jpg

Shot00054.jpg

Shot00047.jpg

Shot00037.jpg

Last edited:
theres no trader at all in this map?
dont need a trader really, theres TONS of weapions and Ammo, enough for 6 players for the whole map. (this had been tested about 100 times)

But yes, you get to the trader at the end, buy stuff from her, there there is a final hold wave, then the pat comes..

It looks spectacular, time to see if it plays like it looks =).

I suggest getting a good strong team together.

If anyone is playing this let me know, i can guide you through all the safe areas.

BTW there is designed hold spot for each area, but there are probably some other areas i havent thought of. So it is beatable with 4 players. Its just really hard at 1st till you get it down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a great little map, I think the only thing that could be done to improve it is to maybe remove the "Trader Arrow" and the "Zombie Counter" if thats at all possible.
I had the trader arrow go to the trader, but then the zombies would walk backward for some reason and try and walk through the closed, locked doors. So i had to turn on path collision for the doors that are opened and closed by progress.

theres nothing you can do the to zombie counter, how else can i controll the waves? The counter goes up and down becuase im adding more zombies in. once it reaches 0 the wave ends.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there any way to hide it from the UI though? Or is that beyond what you can do within a map? Seeing it does wreck the "illusion" of a story-based map a little.
not that i know of. When you hide it, it turns the map into mission mode. (look at hive, racoon, and others) Then you cant choose a perk and lvl. so whats the point of a Wavebased PERKABLE mission map for players level up then?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
are ppl that bothered by the counter??? reminds me of when TWI gave us those character packs and everyone turned aroudn and said, "BUT MY ROBOCOP GUY HAS GLOVES! I WANT BIONIC HANDS! I PAID 2 DOLLARS!"

dont let the counter take away from the gameplay on the map. just ignore it. get together with some friends on KF, try the map out, but ignore the counter. youll have a good time i promise, with or without having bionic hands.

PS: this map is free :D, totally new way of playing KF, we plan to do another one of these maps. so if you really enjoy this let us know so we can get pumped up for doing the next one. if we can, we will get rid of the counter, but until then, dont let it bother you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have a few observations ;)

is the map only playable on normal? i was trying it on suicidal and only lasted in the tunnel (to many dam crawlers lol) and theres lack of ammo so i dont know if theres the posiblity to put an armory and unweld the door or to open it we have activate something or make the ammo spawn more often (just some ideas :p), i tried it on hard and went more further but theres not enough ammo lol so i died.

the map is really good i like it and looking forward to see another map like this! :D

Upvote 0