• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO:HOS Demo?

Here's how i see it happening. Pre-order and you get RO:O free then early access to a beta a few days before release.

no offense but what good would another copy of ROOST be for those who already own it? i mean we could gift it to somebody....but that's not even that great a deal since nobody's gonna be playing ROOST once HOS comes out anyway.

i'd rather see a discount for pre-order for those who already own ROOST and have supported it over the years. that seems like a nicer thing to do.

Upvote 0
Hey all!

Does anybody know if there will be a RO:HOS demo?

Would my PC run it (I don't care if it won't run it well I just want to see what it's like when it's released), P4 2.6 8400gs 512 vid card. Upgrading PC soon.

Thanks for any help!

No demo and you're out of your mind trying to run any Unreal Engine 3 game on that PC.

Go buy a new mobo that will support a Core 2 Duo processor and buy a cheap 9800 GT from New Egg.

Otherwise you're wasting your time trying to play this game.

Upvote 0
no offense but what good would another copy of ROOST be for those who already own it? i mean we could gift it to somebody....but that's not even that great a deal since nobody's gonna be playing ROOST once HOS comes out anyway.

i'd rather see a discount for pre-order for those who already own ROOST and have supported it over the years. that seems like a nicer thing to do.

Because there are not only people owning roost, some could tryout some gameplay basics of the predecessor to keep him busy.

Upvote 0

I was also thinking that you would gift it to a friend that hasn't played and get the hooked before HOS comes out then they could gift it and so on.

I definitely liked playing Rome: Total War as i waited for Empire: Total war to come out. I even had friend play with me even if that had played it years ago.

I would go back and play RO with someone i gifted it to. I also see it helping DH get more players before the move to the new engine.

Upvote 0
well, it would all depend on the release date and when preorders start. if the release date was announced for like, May 25, 2010 and they made it in Jan/Feb with preorders starting by March, then sure, an extra copy of ROOST to gift to somebody would be ok.

if you could only get a free copy of ROOST with a preorder (to gift to a friend) like a month or only a couple weeks before ROHOS comes out, it wouldn't really be that great of a deal since your friend would only play for a couple weeks then get HOS anyway if they really wanted it.

even for a freebie, it's usually dumb to give somebody something they already have, so if a preorder for HOS included a copy of ROOST, it should only apply to those who don't already own it.....for those that do, give em something they don't have, like an extra discount etc... on the preorder.

Upvote 0
i doubt something like that would happen. Its just fun to give freebies such as public beta access, and old game acces. To encourage people to preorder of course there will probably be a 10% reduced price ontop of that.

Public beta either through preorder or like invites on this website could be awesome in testing the game on multiple systems.

Allowing people to opt out on freebies for a 20% reduced price just takes all the fun away from those freebies. I mean roost once hos is released is probably as dead as the mod is now. Youll have possibly a small community of people with older pc's and people that dislike the changes made. But overall roost will probably change to a game with just a few people playing it.

At the lowest time roost is already like 150 people, in a year time and with a new game out i wouldnt be surprised if the lows would be less than 10.

Last edited:
Upvote 0