• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

$5 says the patriarch didn't survive

On beginner poundamonium you get easilly that much money. But nobody plays beginner poundamonium because its pretty much as easy as clot buster on suicidal, if not easier lol.

I think the Patriarch would die on that difficulty, even tho the pipebombs wouldnt stack. Im not sure tho.

The pipes do stack, still, sadly, even though he has these snippets of code:

Code:
// PipeBomb damage
var()           float   PipeBombDamageScale;// Scale the pipe bomb damage over time
And:

Code:
    // Process the pipe bomb time damage scale, reducing the scale over time so
    // it goes back up to 100% damage over a few seconds
    if( Role == ROLE_Authority )
    {
       PipeBombDamageScale -= DeltaTime * 0.33;

if( PipeBombDamageScale < 0 )
       {
           PipeBombDamageScale = 0;
       }
    }
And:

Code:
// Scale damage from the pipebomb down a bit if lots of pipe bomb damage happens
    // at around the same times. Prevent players from putting all thier pipe bombs
    // in one place and owning the patriarch in one blow.
    if ( class<DamTypePipeBomb>(damageType) != none )
    {
       UsedPipeBombDamScale = FMax(0,(1.0 - PipeBombDamageScale));

PipeBombDamageScale += 0.075;

if( PipeBombDamageScale > 1.0 )
       {
           PipeBombDamageScale = 1.0;
       }

Damage *= UsedPipeBombDamScale;
    }

But yet, None of this actually stops a giant stack of pipes over a small area from instantly gibbing him into bloody confetti at any difficulty =/

Upvote 0
Doesn't it still take like 50+ pipe bombs to one shot him solo though? Honestly...that's a lil much to lay if you don't have a large amount of time or a ton of help....so it's totally possible yea...:rolleyes:

and lol@ putting "owning" in code commentary xD

it takes ~4 pipes in a 1'x1' space square in a doorway to instagib him on beginner, and something like 8 or 10 on sui solo

And thats straight out of TWI's code :p

Upvote 0
It would be a big Fail if the Patriarch shot a rocket into the pipe bombs and the guy on the pipes got killed.

Hehe^^ Happened to me, only like, not that I had stacked a lot of pipes or so maybe 8 and the patty fired a rocket at me while I was waiting for him on the pipes :p and I dodged it but the static mesh behind me :p dealing me just a couple of hp but 4 pipes went off :p and I got turned into a red mist ^^

Upvote 0
Killing_Floor-2009.11.26-00.35.03.jpg

Ten seconds later, after an accidental flipping of a switch. its finding nemo time.

Upvote 0
So if I understood the code correctly, the first pipebomb will cause 100% damage, but if another bomb blows up near it within a couple of seconds, the damage will be scaled down? Well to me that seems like they dont stack (at least fully). If you put a 100 pipebombs in one spot basically one over another, they wont cause full damage.

Upvote 0