• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Poundamonium! for perk leveling

I'm trying to level my Demo perk with beginner poundamonium on West London. My Demo right now is level 4 and I get around .2 mil every 10 waves.

I tried normal difficulty with this, but I cant get past wave one. The only level 6 perks I have are Support and Firebug. Since bullets don't do much to them, I start wave 1 as firebug to start with my flamethrower. Though I don't know how much fire does to them. The flamethrower works on killing them in beginner for the first wave before switching to demo, but I always die in normal wave 1 with flamethrower.

Also, in beginner once I reach wave 2 and switch to demo, I have enough money to buy revolving nade launcher and tons of pipe bombs. But in normal difficulty I get to wave 2, switch to demo, but have not enough money for either nade launcher.

Is there anything better and faster I should be doing? By not using custom maps?
Eh the way I do it is start with sharpshooter, let them all gather together into a neat little pack then pick them off one at a time. Staying mobile, and making sure I always have an escape route. So I tend to do it on the map I know like the back of my hand(foundry, I am king of foundry! rawr!). Knowing every spawn location for items is helpful, knowing spawn patterns is even better. Finding a hand-cannon or lar makes life easy. Especially since you get to sell them after.

For money issues, i'd say learn the prices and make sure you have enough money before you switch.

Upvote 0
Anyone saying they completed a normal or hard FP Mut. solo is full of it. You were glitching so they couldnt get to you. FP deal way to much damage on normal and hard even for the medic. 3-4 hits and your done.

It's very possible with Sharpshooter Level 6. Spawn with Crossbow, kill in 1 shot (Sometimes multiple FPs in one shot, too!). Scrounging for ammo is a must, though, as 40 rounds isn't enough. After the first round, buy multiple crossbows (Each one is 40 shots) and scatter them around the map to fulfill your ammo needs.

From then-on, it's just being cautious and having good aim.

For other perks however...most of them saying that they beat it on anything but Beginner/Normal solo is usually. The Support and Demo are the only ones that can really take down FPs before they rage and kill you, and they'll run out of ammo unless they play it very carefully. With other classes, ESPECIALLY Firebug/Commando, it simply doesn't happen. They'll rage and kill you before your guns can finish them.

Sadly, most people just use Poundamonium on broken, exploitable Whitelisted maps to perk farm...

Upvote 0
False. The Fleshpound get enraged if

1. You cause too much damage to him OR

2. You try to kite him for too long OR

3. He catches you checking out his girl.
uh...you can kite them forever...as long as you don't deal any damage to them nor let them swing even once in melee range, they will never rage from being kited...unless by kite you mean slowly poking them to death as you run then...sure...but you can just run from them forever.

Upvote 0
uh...you can kite them forever...as long as you don't deal any damage to them nor let them swing even once in melee range, they will never rage from being kited...unless by kite you mean slowly poking them to death as you run then...sure...but you can just run from them forever.

Sorry your wrong there. They auto-rage after a little while, regardless of whether you hit or do not hit them.

Upvote 0
So some of the back and forth here is good stuff.

When do they rage?
There was a patch a while ago where they added an auto-rage to avoid kiting.

What I see:
If you let them melee or do damage they seem to have a relatively short timer.
If you do too much damage in a few second period they enrage immediately.
If you kite from a distance without firing then they have a fairly long timer.

I have not experienced one going into a rage when it does not have line of sight. Can anyone else confirm this? Does breaking line of sight reset the rage timer? (I'm guessing no)

Upvote 0
nope nope, i've had them rage from around the corner without a LOS on me ever. If they are within a certain vicnity of you they will rage. On Some shopping mall map, near the stairs, i've heard FP's rage from below me. So it is entirely possible to make em rage w/o seeing you. Just think of welding yourself into a room and having them rage on the door heh.

Upvote 0
nope nope, i've had them rage from around the corner without a LOS on me ever. If they are within a certain vicnity of you they will rage. On Some shopping mall map, near the stairs, i've heard FP's rage from below me. So it is entirely possible to make em rage w/o seeing you. Just think of welding yourself into a room and having them rage on the door heh.
Seen it with westlondon...it's funny watching them slaughter the others xD

Upvote 0
An easy way to powerlevel perks that require damage is to play military stronghold bloated mutator on suicidal difficulty. You can grab the shotgun and bullpup to kill them off and sell them for the weapon needed for the perk you want to lvl. You just kite around, line em up, and take em down. They take a lot of damage to kill. Just make sure you constantly watch your back cause if you aren't a medic or zerker you die really fast if a couple puke on you.

Upvote 0

"Added improved behavior for FleshPound to prevent "kiting". The Fleshpound will now get frustrated and charge players regardless of if it is shot if players keep moving away from it. "

^
From the Killing Floor patch notes from a patch that was implemented July-ish. Fleshpounds will absolutely enrage for no reason. If you've kited them endlessly without having them enrage, you're either lucky beyond words or you aren't paying attention.

Upvote 0