• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Good Vote-Menu

O'Shannon

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
well it was suggested befor but togther with other stuff so i thought i'll do a suggestion thread explicit for the voting menu

Quick Vote Menu (bindable):
a menu like for voice commands in ro:eek:st would be ok (numbers or mousescroll/middlemouse to navigate/select)).
its fast and easy to use.

options: (*for admins only)
  1. Change Map [17/32]
    1. map 1
    2. map 2
    3. [more]
  2. Change Gamemode [17/32]
    1. Skirmish
    2. Campaign
    3. ...
  3. Shuffle Teams [17/32] (to prevent clan stacking)
  4. Kick [17/32]
    1. Player1
    2. Player2
    3. ...
  5. Mute [17/32]
    1. Player1
    2. Player2
    3. ...
  6. Class Kick [12/16] (kick player out of a class)(only voteable by teammates)
  7. Session Ban
  8. *Ban
  9. [ insert your suggestion here :p ]

for kick, session ban, ban i'd like to give reasons like:
  • idle
  • TKs
  • newbie(as reason for classkick)

required votes should be seen like [votes needed/players on the server]

server host would be able to set limit of vote and if some of the options should be voteable in the webadmin. limit of votes should be adjustable for each option separately.

and of course when it comes vote it should be the quick "F1-Yes F2-No way"shows up in a corner or a BIG FAT BOX poping up in the middle of the screen as soon as lets say 5 people initial the same vote so people actually VOTE!!.

Last edited:
Its clear the French are a bit touchy about the fact they surrendered.

They are not touchy for the fact they surrendered, but for the fact that loads of people imply that whenever the french see an enemy they instantly surrender. While soldiers actually did fight for their lives and that of the citizen of their nation. Its a joke sure, but they hear it in every international online forum whenever someone sees the chance, so at some point the fun wears off.

The dutch surrendered to the germans probably the quickest, but then again with pretty much no anti air guns and like 3 mgs in your entire army. There is not much we could do either.

Most americans don't like it either if people continuously use the stereotype of americans being stupid.
For germans its the same for people saying they have no sense of humour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
more options for voting would be nice & a better way to vote yes and no on kick issues. But personally i would hate a system that is controlled like the voice command system. I prefer a button that pops up a clear voting menu.

yeah a "Full" votemenu under "Esc/votemenu/..." and a bindable quickvote menu like i suggested would be superb.

other vote option i have in mind ..

votemute... just to mute players that start to annoy via VOIP
+
and i would love see a general option in the "Full" votemenu which allows to local mute people that annoy you.. maybe a a small check-box behind the name in the menu.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:confused: Which map? :confused:

i guess you mean that the default player count of ro hos will be more than 32 players..

well i hope not.. i hope the game stays at 32 players max.. why? because 50 player servers are a lag fest already and the performance is suffering very bad (every single 50player server i played on was lagging and my fps weren't that good ether)
...and now imagine UT3 engine plus 50player servers ....uuuhhhaaa *goosebumps*

+

maps are ALL sooo imbalanced with >33player setup. if rohos maps would be designed for 50 player(which i hope is not) from the start it would be an other story.. but than u would need to play clanmatches with 16vs16 or something and this is ****ed up the more players needed the higher the chance that teams cant field min of 16...

so i my eyes default map layout should be for 32players

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yus.

Also, I hope you can stay loggin in as admin (so people can see an admin is present) and then when you go to change class the server doesnt pause :eek:

Admin INGAME menu (not via console) might be good. Perhaps just as it is, that if logged in, whatever you do (change map, kick etc) in the normal menus, this is counted as an admin decision.

Anything is an improvement tbh.

Upvote 0
I agree that the vote system could use some work.
However, with regard to the box in the middle of the screen, I think merely a message saying "Press F1 for yes, F2 for no." when a vote is initiated would suffice. No need to disrupt the gameplay of others who might like the current map. If no one votes, its often because they either like the map or don't care if it changes or not. There have been many times I haven't taken the time out of my play to vote just because some adolescent can't be bothered to finish a map or considerate enough to help make someone else's play enjoyable.

And just don't make the map vote system too terribly accessible. Its ludicrous when someone joins a map in progress and immediately tosses up a vote for a map change. :rolleyes: And then there are the map vote spammers. I say limit a persons ability to initiate a vote to once or twice per map.

Floyd < your mileage may vary>

Upvote 0
However, with regard to the box in the middle of the screen, I think merely a message saying "Press F1 for yes, F2 for no." when a vote is initiated would suffice.

well the big fat box in the middle of the screen (only two buttons yes or no, so people are forced to vote) is the first thing that come to my mind when it comes to kicking a teamkiller. you know those situations where the tk-guy stays on the server because Ro-kickvote sucks balls. and if the miracle happens abnd the guy is kicked he comes back (thats why "kick" should be a default "seassoin ban")

bit fat kickvotebox = no trouble with teamkillers

of cause there should be a limit of lets say 3-5vote to initial this kick(seassonban)-votebox.

Upvote 0
:confused: Which map? :confused:

i guess you mean that the default player count of ro hos will be more than 32 players..

well i hope not.. i hope the game stays at 32 players max.. why? because 50 player servers are a lag fest already and the performance is suffering very bad (every single 50player server i played on was lagging and my fps weren't that good ether)
...and now imagine UT3 engine plus 50player servers ....uuuhhhaaa *goosebumps*

+

maps are ALL sooo imbalanced with >33player setup. if rohos maps would be designed for 50 player(which i hope is not) from the start it would be an other story.. but than u would need to play clanmatches with 16vs16 or something and this is ****ed up the more players needed the higher the chance that teams cant field min of 16...

i hope the default multiplayer map will have 50 players.

in RO:OST the default dimension was of 32 players but TW released a patch that increase to 50 players...... and i ALWAYS play in 50 players server and i NEVER see lag (with 7 Mega connection) except extremely rare case :)

than....50 players better than 32 (IMHO)

Last edited:
Upvote 0