• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which mod?

Which mod?

• Pacific

Votes: 45 22.7%
  • North Africa

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Mediterranean

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Winter War

Votes: 47 23.7%
  • Western Europe

Votes: 47 23.7%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Well, a Winter War mod would still have European-like maps, Mosins, PPSH's, Russians, etc. That's why I said "meh". It's too similar to what we've already seen in RO.

Offcourse there is Russians, and Russians use their own weapons.
Anyways, on allfronts which are in poll (expect pacific), other side is allways the same.

And there havent been mod so far on Ro-Ost where there would be 2 totally
new sides.

About maps... I must to say that i havent never been in Germany or Poland
So i dont know exactly how their forest look like, but i have understood
form photos an videos that you can easily see 10 to 20 meters foward there.
On finnish forest you are lucky if you see even 10.

Some pics from Karelia.
http://luontoliitto.fi/luppi/kuvat/2009karjala10.jpg
http://luontoliitto.fi/luppi/kuvat/2009karjala17.jpg

Other thing is that last Ice Age had a huge impact to finnish landscape
as when the ice blocks where moving they pushed ground front of them
and build up hills
http://www.perhokalastajat.net/kuvat/taustakuvat/vaara_1152.jpg
as you can see from the photo those are very narrow but long hills,
nothing like you can see in England or France.

Anyways the rest of the ice smelted and made thousands of small lakes
http://www.srmnet.org/ct/doc_imgs/Ita-Karjalan_kansanopisto_Punkaharju_ilmakuva.jpg

And if you check out those pictures you start to get a glue, that
landscape here doesnt look the same like in middle-europe. And
maybe you even understand in this point, Why tanks were not used
so much as they were in Poland or Russia.

Maybe we take weapons next times :D

Cya....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just voted and my vote was for Other, as I like all of North Africa, Mediterranean, Western Europe, Winter War and some of the battles that happen in the other part of Africe, Finland, Eastern Europe, etc.
I am not interested in the Pacific war, as I love tanks, other AFVs and tank battles. The tank battles in the Pacific are not that interesting, most of the tanks are bad except for some of the Allies tanks and battles are not in the best places for tanks, as not much room to move around in (jungles are thick that is bad for tanks).
I do not mind infantry battles now and then, and even in the maps with tanks sometime I take infantry position as I also like to kill tanks as infantrymen, generally I play tank maps.

Best regards,

sdkfz181

Upvote 0
i am one the guys who love MN or CC for instance. DH isnt bad too
its good to know that they supported some modders who bring their own ideas etc, should be an issue when modders will come to create something for ROHOS.

in my opinion it s sad, that CC is dead. i loved that maps, weapons etc. was great, dunno why ppl didnt play it more often, altough I am aware that the quite lil RO community cant handle 3 mods.
these mods make the RO-world for me complete. they cover many aspects of WW2 referred to war locations, equipement (uniforms, weapons etc etc)
no other game can beat this diversity.

and in the same way (maybe with more ppl playing it) should the follower act

something in the south east of Europe would be great (eventually revive carpathian crosses?)

Upvote 0
North Africa, or pretty much anything but Western Europe, Western Europe has been done to death.

I'm surprised there is no option for "Eastern Front", it will be the easiest to make. Cause the game will only focus on Stalingrad, so there is a lot of stuff missing from Eastern Front... so... more Eastern Front, and more years covered...

Big tanks, Berlin, Warsaw... etc

Upvote 0
North Africa, or pretty much anything but Western Europe, Western Europe has been done to death.

I'm surprised there is no option for "Eastern Front", it will be the easiest to make. Cause the game will only focus on Stalingrad, so there is a lot of stuff missing from Eastern Front... so... more Eastern Front, and more years covered...

Big tanks, Berlin, Warsaw... etc

agreed but phaps a smart move would not to make any eastern front additions a mod as such, but content that could be dloaded and then launched from the main game, like ahz did last time round.
My opinion is you should only break away as a 'mod' when you are changing the gameplay feel or at very least replacing the vast majority of the models/textures, say a vietnam mod or ww2 africa/italy/pacfic i guess

Upvote 0
agreed but phaps a smart move would not to make any eastern front additions a mod as such, but content that could be dloaded and then launched from the main game, like ahz did last time round.
My opinion is you should only break away as a 'mod' when you are changing the gameplay feel or at very least replacing the vast majority of the models/textures, say a vietnam mod or ww2 africa/italy/pacfic i guess

Well, CC was a mod, and you could play that within regular RO, so I don't see why that wouldnt be possible with something like an extended Eastern Front mod.

I agree with your statement though.

Upvote 0
Well, CC was a mod, and you could play that within regular RO, so I don't see why that wouldnt be possible with something like an extended Eastern Front mod.

I agree with your statement though.

yeah, i was being a bit padantic really over the term mod tbh - i mean for the purposes of the thread there's no point picking over whether your voting for something that will be integrated CC style or launched separately.
I very much agree with Federov - the easternfront should be expanded on, there's plenty that wasn't even covered for the orgional RO.

That along with N africa/Italy mod or content , a full vietnam infantry mod and then some kinda high-tech/sci-fi mod with Tripwire style gunplay, and my HoS growth wishes would be complete.

Upvote 0