• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Third Person Perspective

I can't see what's wrong with 3rd person perspectives as a server controlable option, I think it would enhance the gaming experiance no end, even if TWI don't implement it in multi-play, it should stay as an f4 key option as it currently is in practice mode in RO, and should at least be extended to the single player campaign mode. Anyway, those are my thoughts wheather people don't like to hear them or not, its certainly what I'd like to see in the game.

kaminski to simply answer your question, RO is a realistic fps shooter. 3rd person view is not realistic and should therefore never be in a realistic game.

if you can prove that you in fact had a camera hovering over your head at all times in real life, then you may have an arguement

Upvote 0
RO is a realistic fps shooter. 3rd person view is not realistic and should therefore never be in a realistic game.

if you can prove that you in fact had a camera hovering over your head at all times in real life, then you may have an arguement
I agree. I remember having way too much awareness playing GRAW 2 and Brothers in arms: Hells Highway when under cover. You shouldnt be able to see someone around the cover, 100 yards away, unless you have the Israeli CornerShot, but this wasnt invented as you know until the 21st Century. I was constantly able to peer around the corner, take a pot shot, and headshot a dude from 50-75 yards away. It just didn't seem right.

First person is obviously realistic (anyone who doesn't think so obviously has no perspective of real life), as you can only see as far as your 'eyes' let you, and your focus is put where you are looking.

Upvote 0
A big negative on this suggestion. Even though it gives you better peripheral vision, third person would be exploited by players to look around corners without exposing themselves.

A better way to have peripheral vision is to have indicators. For example a friendly is within your peripheral vision and a green arrow pops up at the side of the screen (just like in ARMA 2).

Upvote 0