• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crossbow suggestion

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
A lot of people say the sharpshooter is too easy now.

Something simple that could make it harder and possible more challenging is the arrow dropping over distance due to gravity. So you need to aim slightly above someones head depending on the distance.

(And for the m14 something as simple as smaller magazines could possibly help it)

Last edited:
The crossbow is only so powerful because you can lower the graphics settings so you don't look through the wonky scope but have a view that never shakes, even if you move.
It is almost unusable if you use the fancy shiny high quality scope that wags all over the screen if you touch the move buttons even once. (that's not even realistic. If you walk while looking through a scope, neither version is what you'll get)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
people may complain a lot just because its possible to decap in 1 shot, but everybody I see including myself keep missing fleshpounds heads quite a lot, resulting in party wipe

It could be possibly because crossbow bolt is probably the only projectile (besides grenades and rockets + flame) that actually has to fly from point A to point B and depending on the distance, the greater time it takes.

So unless you're perfectly leveled with FP\scrake head and it's perfectly in straight line walking towards you, simply aiming to the head would cause you to miss unless it's in point blank\short range.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It could be possibly because crossbow bolt is probably the only projectile (besides grenades and rockets + flame) that actually has to fly from point A to point B and depending on the distance, the greater time it takes.

So unless you're perfectly leveled with FP\scrake head and it's perfectly in straight line walking towards you, simply aiming to the head would cause you to miss unless it's in point blank\short range.

and ping also counts

Upvote 0
A lot of people say the sharpshooter is too easy now.

Something simple that could make it harder and possible more challenging is the arrow dropping over distance due to gravity. So you need to aim slightly above someones head depending on the distance.

(And for the m14 something as simple as smaller magazines could possibly help it)

Yes!!! Love that! But even with gravity I think 6 times extra head shot dmg is far to much. and m14, either smaller mags or like 1/3 ammo. I think having only 100 bullets would pretty much stop people from spamming like they do now.

Upvote 0
The crossbow is only so powerful because you can lower the graphics settings so you don't look through the wonky scope but have a view that never shakes, even if you move.
It is almost unusable if you use the fancy shiny high quality scope that wags all over the screen if you touch the move buttons even once. (that's not even realistic. If you walk while looking through a scope, neither version is what you'll get)

Yeah, try it with the huge scope and you'll see how terrible a scoped weapon can be. I use the 'Model-Small' version for good peripheral vision...

Upvote 0
I still can't understand why you guys want it harder than it already is, I've been trying to complete a game in suicidal for a week in public servers, and 0 luck.

also, sharpshooters are not as common as you make guys make it look.

lol totally agree. tw will fix it an hopefully in a not so noticeable way i.e NOT reducing the standard clip size of the m14.

Upvote 0
But then why not use the LAR? In fact, I'm pretty sure the grapevine says that the LAR is more powerful than the M14.

The LAR is in fact pretty awesome but you're out of ammo in no time while you have a mountain of ammo with the M14.
LAR: 90 (or so) shots, M14: 300 (!) shots.
If the M14 had a clipsize of 10, same as LAR, it would still be totally different because you don't need to 'reload' after every shot with it and the reloading itself also happens a lot faster, even though reloading 1 shot a time has advantages too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You'd only chew through the ammo so much faster because there isn't anything that drives you to conserve the ammo like the LAR does ( slow firing, slow reloading ). Fast firing and fast reloads would really show the ammo problem.

I'd be happy with seeing the clip size halved and the same number of clips as it has now ( 14 or 15? ), giving 150 or so shots. I just don't want to see it gimped down to making the LAR a real competitor functionality wise.

Upvote 0
Where did your post go :confused:.

How exactly would smaller mags make you chew through the ammo of the m14 faster?

Coupled with reduced ammo to 80 shots is what I meant. With the ability to fire semi-auto ( nearly one shot per click ), having matching ammo capacity / clipsize as the LAR would have the player going through the ammo much more quickly than even the LAR's ammo usage rate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0