• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Poundamonium! for perk leveling

I made my support level with this mutator. Some pipebombs and AA-12 make the good time with o'l Fleshy Pounder bastards
failednasalaunch.png

Upvote 0
I was able to solo beginner this mutator, on West London with little difficulty. Just make sure to get a weapon in the church or next to the telephone booth ASAP. I played it several times; I found a handcannon once, a lever action rifle once, and a bullpup. The HC and LAR worked great, the bullpup not so much. But I made 9,000 in the first round so I could go support perk + M32 GL and AA12 shotgun. Easy perk leveling, and a lot of fun seeing flesh pounds flying in the air (as well as blowing into tiny bits).

Upvote 0
Poundamonium on normal + is only for demo to level IMO. I am lv 4 support and I need 4-6 shell of hunting shotgun or around 10 rounds of AA12 to down ONE fp. You wont have enough bullet to kill them all even on wave 2. If you line them up and shoot together, you will rage several of them TOGETHER and you're dead...

(I level my demo from lv 2 to lv 6 for one afternoon ONLY...)

It seems the other perks can only rely on bloat-ed mut.

Upvote 0
Same, at the time I was a level 5/6 demo. I just had to use my pipes I spawn with and door traps on the first wave. With the demo each wave is about 85,000ish damage I would say.

Which map is good for levelling demo? I don't play it much on regular maps but I'd like it to hit 5 for Mr. Perky.

I wish they had a Scrake Mutator for the other classes to level.

Upvote 0
I have tried this levelling technique with a start as lvl 6 SS and then branching out into whatever I want exp in afterwards. On normal + the following waves always turn into a red hell for me. Since they all spawn in different places and end up having a variety of distances, I've only held out to wave 4 or 5 until getting splashed into gore. Desperately setting a field of pipe bombs is indeed a fun tactic though while watching the survivors proceed to mince you in an enraged fashion. Beginner is probably the most efficient method unless there's some pro tips I'm missing out on because of the 2 uppercut ko (enraged of course). I do foundry btw.

Upvote 0
Poundamonium on normal + is only for demo to level IMO. I am lv 4 support and I need 4-6 shell of hunting shotgun or around 10 rounds of AA12 to down ONE fp. You wont have enough bullet to kill them all even on wave 2. If you line them up and shoot together, you will rage several of them TOGETHER and you're dead...

(I level my demo from lv 2 to lv 6 for one afternoon ONLY...)

It seems the other perks can only rely on bloat-ed mut.
N00B! :p

O.K That was a joke, but seriously you can easily own FP:s on normal when solo on sharpie. LAR kills FP:s with 2-3 shots on lvl4 and you spawn at lvl5 with it! After wave 1 switch to Support and buy AA-12 and normal shotty. 8You should have enough money) Remember to aim at head, even with shottys. AA-12 at point black is effective way to kill the big buggers.

EDIT:
See my screenie on the first post of this page. See the wave and support lvl

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heres some info

On suicidal, 1 wave (solo) equal around 150 000 damage.

Depending on the map, its good to have demo level 6 to clear the first wave easy.

As level 5 support, Hunting Shotgun + AA12 is a must, using HS most of the time and using AA12 for clearing the rest.

Its funny how they added the best perk leveling map to the whitelist last time. TWI's testers need some lessons ;)

Upvote 0
Heres some info

On suicidal, 1 wave (solo) equal around 150 000 damage.

Depending on the map, its good to have demo level 6 to clear the first wave easy.

As level 5 support, Hunting Shotgun + AA12 is a must, using HS most of the time and using AA12 for clearing the rest.

Its funny how they added the best perk leveling map to the whitelist last time. TWI's testers need some lessons ;)

No kidding. Blatant exploits on Boink and Concert-Hall make invincible poundamonium very, very possible. Most of my less-than-reputable friends are busy milking these for all their worth. The concert-hall one is the worst. You can fall 'under' the floor and hit the FPs feet with melee weapons...hence all my friends having Level 5/6 Zerkers and STILL not knowning how to play the class one bit...

Whitelist maps need much more testing if they're gonna discriminate against Doom2Final like that...

Upvote 0
it does work, i did it as a medic, 3 shot a fp with the lar. Hard to do it alone, i spent 10 minutes kiting them around the map but thats only because all other 5 people died on me and left. Easiest way to gain alot of demo damage or easy beserk damage. Demo is quite obvious for westlondon. Spam the streets with pipes for loads of damage. For beserk you'll need a medic, and either go to the hotel or the gated area in the corner. another spot is the church but thats iffy on the pedestal.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to level my Demo perk with beginner poundamonium on West London. My Demo right now is level 4 and I get around .2 mil every 10 waves.

I tried normal difficulty with this, but I cant get past wave one. The only level 6 perks I have are Support and Firebug. Since bullets don't do much to them, I start wave 1 as firebug to start with my flamethrower. Though I don't know how much fire does to them. The flamethrower works on killing them in beginner for the first wave before switching to demo, but I always die in normal wave 1 with flamethrower.

Also, in beginner once I reach wave 2 and switch to demo, I have enough money to buy revolving nade launcher and tons of pipe bombs. But in normal difficulty I get to wave 2, switch to demo, but have not enough money for either nade launcher.

Is there anything better and faster I should be doing? By not using custom maps?

Upvote 0