• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In-game stuttering (Nvidia)

I've got stuttering too since updating my video drivers in august (no issues before). The various KF updates and following drivers updates didn't fix it.
The stutter only appear in DX9 mode so using DX8 allow me to play but I miss antialiasing :(.

I heard this issue already existed in UT 2003/2004 and no solution were available other than changing the render mode. Please tell me you or Nvidia can do something about it.

Specs:
Window vista 32
Geforce 8600 GS

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since release I've played KF on max settings and it's run Super Smooth with not even the slightest sign of a pause or stutter until I installed the latest nVidia drivers.

The game is now sometimes unplayable. Look zombie in the distance :) - stutter - Dead :(

So today I thought i'd have a play around with the display settings since someone had mentioned they only get this in directx 9 mode.

If I turn off Anti-aliasing then the game runs perfect. Turn it back on and Major Stuttoring.

I find this really odd since I had no issues with it before updating the drivers. I would revert back but the old drivers don't make use of PhysX.

Upvote 0
Since release I've played KF on max settings and it's run Super Smooth with not even the slightest sign of a pause or stutter until I installed the latest nVidia drivers.

The game is now sometimes unplayable. Look zombie in the distance :) - stutter - Dead :(

So today I thought i'd have a play around with the display settings since someone had mentioned they only get this in directx 9 mode.

If I turn off Anti-aliasing then the game runs perfect. Turn it back on and Major Stuttoring.

I find this really odd since I had no issues with it before updating the drivers. I would revert back but the old drivers don't make use of PhysX.

Your answer is quite simple then. Roll back your video card driver.

Upvote 0