• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk idea: Big game hunter

Negative input is not constructive criticism. Negative input only have the purpose of derailing a discussion or sabotaging a forum whereas constructive criticism leads to better suggestions
and adds positivily to a forum.

Saying an idea is lame, stupid or similar without any rational argumentation is negative input and posters who do so should be banned.
Now that's awesome and stuff but can someone answer my question already?
I think I argumented pretty rationally and if noone can answer that simple question, there's probably no niche for this perk to fit into the game and thus, this whole discussion would be pointless.

Upvote 0
I get the sense that someone misses the Sniper from TF2, and wants it here :p

How dare you strawman like this? That's non-sequitor! No negative criticism in this topic!

I've reconsidered. I think this idea is awesome. A perk that insta-kills big specimens wouldn't undermine the Demoman, Support, or Sharpshooter's roles at all. It's also totally needed in the game since no other classes do what you're suggesting. While we're at it, a big gun like that would definitely have penetration, so lets add that to it. That way it can crowd control as well.

The Sharpshooter needing to have the skill to pull of consistent headshots against moving targets for 1-hit kills is dumb! You should only have to hit them once ANYWHERE on their body with a giant gun. This would definitely encourage more skill. And seeing people running around with elephant guns in the middle of West London wouldn't at all look retarded.

Upvote 0
i loled nano strike, but seriously, somewhere in this thread somone stated that youd get about 20 bullets. you think its crowd control when on wave 5 ish 300 zeds spawn with 6 people, and if all 6 people have these uber crowd control guns they have 120 bullets, hope you dont miss often, or better yet, always kill 3 with each bullet, and can run fast/dodge much for those long reloads....

Upvote 0
... I've reconsidered. I think this idea is awesome. A perk that insta-kills big specimens wouldn't undermine the Demoman, Support, or Sharpshooter's roles at all. It's also totally needed in the game since no other classes do what you're suggesting. While we're at it, a big gun like that would definitely have penetration, so lets add that to it. That way it can crowd control as well.

The Sharpshooter needing to have the skill to pull of consistent headshots against moving targets for 1-hit kills is dumb! You should only have to hit them once ANYWHERE on their body with a giant gun. This would definitely encourage more skill. And seeing people running around with elephant guns in the middle of West London wouldn't at all look retarded.

Did you know that lvl5 sharpie CAN hit to head soooo easily? Still lvl5 sharpie with XBow is way more effective, than Nitro .600 riflemen. What if Fp is coming to you and you are taking aim to its chest (Because its bigger target than its head) One clot jumps just split second before you click the mouse. You shoot the clot, but without piercing, the FP comes and makes great damage to your team.

The sharpie with XBOW is far more effective, because even the hit to the FP:s chest will enrage it and that will buy you little time to aim its head. (Running mad FP still is good to make some panic to the sharpies.)

WE DON'T NEED "SHOOT ANYWHERE AND IT KILLS" GUN TO THE GAME. THE GAME IS EASY ENOUGH WITHOUT IT!

Last edited:
Upvote 0