• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets talk Commando

commando is a fun perk, guaranteed it is the hardest to level.( just today i went up from level 3 to 4) the annoying thing about commando is that right when i hit level 4 ( level 3 to 4 breakpoints 1200 stalkers, 1.5M dmg : level 4 to 5 breakpoints 2400 stalkers 3.5M dmg) I already had 2.2M damage, 700k damage over the breakpoint, it just takes that much longer to actually get the corresponding stalkers...

as somone stated earlier it would be nice if the commando had to also hunt crawlers, or both (3 crawlers = 1 stalker) to get his total stalker count, the crawlers are afterall something commandos should be cleanin up...

Upvote 0
I always thought commando was a ton of fun so I played it more than other perks early on, and I just barely got lvl 6 commando, but I think it's probably harder or at least as hard to get lvl 6 medic. Level 5 medic was easy, I mostly switched between commando and support but I got lvl 5 medic before anything else, just by healing teammates during waves and at the trader. But, level 6 medic has been taking quite a while, I'm getting there but then again I mostly don't play medic aside from getting the MP7 and switching to another perk.

ANYway, I think commando is pretty much right where it should be, and I don't think there's a problem with the stalker requirements. Don't let crawlers count for that, it would cheapen the perk leveling experience. There's enough stalkers in a game anyway, you just need to make sure you're at the front line so you see them before anyone else. A great map for stalker killing is biotics lab, at least on lower difficulty so you don't have to all stay in the corner room. If you stay at the end of the hall to the right (near the 3 sets of stairs) you'll get a lot of stalkers coming for ya.

Also, if you're not using a commando weapon and someone right next to you is, let them get the stalker kills unless the invisible women are about to give you a kiss :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so i just got commando at lvl 5. now when im supposed to get to lvl 6, the amount of stalkers to kill is ridicilous :confused: i mean it took a wad of time to get 2400 stalkers (its so funny on multiplayer when youre commando, everyone starts hunting stalkers no matter what their perk is) and now im supposed to get 1200 more??? Do i have to start playing on solo now? Boring as hell :(

Upvote 0
so i just got commando at lvl 5. now when im supposed to get to lvl 6, the amount of stalkers to kill is ridicilous :confused: i mean it took a wad of time to get 2400 stalkers (its so funny on multiplayer when youre commando, everyone starts hunting stalkers no matter what their perk is) and now im supposed to get 1200 more??? Do i have to start playing on solo now? Boring as hell :(

Ben there, dan that. Even the ridiculous medic seems to be godly stalker-hunter. And support... Oh my, support >.< he fire thru a whole line and kill more stalker in 1 shot than I can in the whole wave. But then, I think maybe because I'm looking for stalkers so I feel so, or the team is a$$.

Worst thing about lv6 is no damage increased. that's right. Still 50%.

Upvote 0