• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Customization?

Demonic

Oct 20, 2009
Bringing together all possible customizations:

Buying different sights:
-Start off with iron on all guns
-Can attach any sight (even scope on shotgun if you wish, a la Crysis).

Possible sights:
eotech, some kinda scope, red dot, fluorescent sights...etc.

Buying different ammo:
-Start off with FMJ (normal damage rounds)
-Pay extra for extra rounds. Class specific rounds? Medic heal leeching ammo? Incendiary rounds for Firebugs?

-Other types of ammo:

-Dum Dum Rounds for more damage against light targets (Clots, Crawlers, Stalkers)?
-Armour Piercing for more damage against heavier specimens (Scrake, Fleshpound, Patriarch).

-To counter the ammo types, make Normal FMJ rounds do normal damage to Bloats, Gorefasts and Sirens, while the special rounds do less to these

Lets clutter the already complex trader interface with mods for all the weapons. Best idea ever. Pass.

Why do you need mods in a match that will last you 30 minutes or so? When would you actually get around to buying these and why bother?

Your comment is stupid.

Such additions would be visible in a separate category like, i don't know, "add-ons".

There, was it so hard to think about it more than 2 seconds?

And trader interface is not complex, that's just your stupidity number 2.

Upvote 0
Maybe add preferences and automatically add them with a button? Like in the Profile and Achievements tab, also add Preferences?

Maybe don't make the weapon sights cost money. And attach random ones onto the weapons you find on the ground.

You picked up another 9mm WITH A SCOPE FOR SOME REASON?

Yeaahhhhh

Upvote 0
In trader menu...top left..two buttons. One says "Perk" one says "Store" i believe.
Add another that says "Customs"
You do NOT set up the customizations at trader menu, you merely select them.
Very similar to other games, you set up the customized weapons at the main menu.
Say your fav is the M14 EMR. Ok. Say you have 2 different scope customs for it depending on the map/situation.
You have your M14 w/ reddot/eotech/etc, you have your M14 with your ACOG (4x zoom similar to crossbow).
You could get this more complicated.
Say I have a M14 with reddot & suppressor, a M14 with reddot and no suppressor and ditto for the ACOG.
Suppressor would DECREASE power of shot but also Decrease attention you get.
IE: If two gorefasts are after a guy, you pop one in the head with a suppressor on, the 2nd will not turn to you.

Basically you could have all of these things pre-made and simply via a new submenu...select which one. It would work same as perk changing (IE: Once a wave)

Some possible customizations I would like to see?
Different sighting options (Red dot/scopes/etc)
Suppressors
Vertical grips (To increase accuracy when not scoped/sighted in)

Id say flashlights but I think that is covered and operating as intended

Upvote 0
Your comment is stupid.

Such additions would be visible in a separate category like, i don't know, "add-ons".

Thank you for your insightful comment. People have been complaining about the trader being too complex for the time you are given (before and after the update) just as it is already. The system is straight forward enough, but there are a few things, such as buying out of perk weapons, that are much more of a hassle to do than merely stock up on ammo and buy a new weapon for your perk.

Different sighting options (Red dot/scopes/etc)
Suppressors
Vertical grips
The scopes and grips would make a difference, but you are making a gun that is inherently balance (or should be) and making it better. This will likely cost money since it is making the gun better but I hope we have all seen what kind of restriction money is ... it's not really. And suppressors seem rather unnecessary.

Upvote 0
Customizations will infuse even more life and longevity in KF than the "level up" content did.

<krotz> Your slippery slope tactics are undercut by your functional illiteracy and strawmanning. </krotz>

But I fail to see how customization will make any difference at all. Yeah, slightly higher accuracy or a different scope. Now I can actually use my super weapons to own every specs more easily. Oh wait... Customization hardly counts in this game as content in the realm of gun mods. The difference such a slight system would have it next to nothing. Would you play more if TWI released another character pack? I don't mind purchasing them to support TWI but I don't really think it has any sort of impact on my game experience.

And wouldn't this suggestion, if it really did make a difference in players continuing to play the game, marginalize the already record low berserker count (custom grips, exchangeable fire axe heads?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Semi-necro post :p

Yeah the time limit is a bit hurting, but you can't deny that there are times when you have nothing to buy other than ammo and armor. Customization is more of a luxury. It would be great if there was a separate in game menu, that pops up and shows your character info (like pressing escape), but allows you to modify your weapons and arrange your kit and stuff. Maybe modifying the tab menu...

Upvote 0
I don't think the trader menu is that complicated. It was a little overwhelming when you first saw it after the lastest DLC but by the 2nd or 3rd wave I found out how to use it. Essentially 3 buttons: find weapon click purchase, find ammo click buy, find armor click buy....not hard.

I think some of the added modifications discussed above have viability. Mostly because if new items/weapons/maps aren't added on a somewhat frequent basis people will quit playing the game. I love KF as much as the next guy, but it is VERY repetitive and without new content people will loose interest.

Upvote 0
Your comment is stupid.

pwned.

@ OP, interesting idea with the bullets you suggested. Dum dum rounds (hollow point) and armor-piercing would bring more specialization into the mix, although might be tricky in terms of balance (wouldn't everyone pick AP rounds for the big guys? Shouldn't AP rounds do the dmg as FMJ anyway?). I think grips and scopes would be an easier thing to implement (reduce recoil, change weapon model). You could also do extended mags, but that's kind of covered by the Commando/Medic perks. Suppressors would be pointless, unless they actually reduced the number of zeds targeting you, in which case they'd be annoying to the rest of the team. A thermal sight would be fun on Farm and any game with spammy demos.

Upvote 0
Essentially 3 buttons: find weapon click purchase, find ammo click buy, find armor click buy....not hard.
Everyone got used to it (notice this thread was right after the dlc came out) but imagine having to make sure you have the right gun selected to mod and then you have to select from list of add-ons (some of them might not be an option for your weapon).
Your right that it could be done well and might even be manageable but not without a decent amount of time to do so.

I love KF as much as the next guy, but it is VERY repetitive and without new content people will loose interest.
Content is important but in the current game-state it is not really even worthwhile. With the game so easy new content provides almost no draw.

robdude19 said:
I'm unsure what you mean. Also please read the rest of the tread if you are going to bother replying.
Akame said:
People have been complaining about the trader being too complex for the time you are given (before and after the update) just as it is already.

Upvote 0