• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seriously.... pple are whining about 1 shot HS kills?!?!?!?

Headshots with the crossbow do 6x damage.
Do they add up now?

Even if we assume the headshot bonus is 8x as some people say:

Flesh Pound health on 6 man suicidal: (1500 base+375*5 players)*1.75=5906.25

Scrake health on 6 man suicidal: (1000 base+500*5 players)*1.75 suicidal=6125

lvl 6 ss xbow headshot damage: 300 base*8 headshot bonus*1.6 ss damage bonus*1.5 ss headshot bonus=5760

I must've done something wrong but can't find it.

Upvote 0

lvl 6 ss xbow headshot damage: 300 base*8 headshot bonus*1.6 ss damage bonus*1.5 ss headshot bonus=5760

Actually, on suicidal it takes about three shots. We're talking about hard, probably the more often played game mode.

In hard, with every class, and yes, I've tested this, the crossbow will go through multiple fleshpounder heads. It's penetration power as well as the headshot bonus make it wreck everything.

The EBR is different. And is the much more complained about weapon. The crossbow just needs to be tailored to only work for an SS (lol at medics taking down FPs) but it also needs to be re-worked so that it actually acts like a crossbow and less like a Linear Launcher from RE:CV.

Upvote 0

I'm guessing that their head is their vulnerability. So it might be something like 3000 damage needed in the head. I may be wrong though.

Upvote 0
Actually, on suicidal it takes about three shots. We're talking about hard, probably the more often played game mode.

No, it takes only one shot, and I've seen a lvl4 ss dropping scrakes/fps in suicidal like flies. I used the suicidal bonus to emphasize how OP the xbow is. I haven't played kf since the very last update so things might be different though.

Upvote 0
everyone has a job in this game. It does not matter exactly what class you are, as long as you perform it with precision; healing, running decoy, shooting, blowing **** up, you will survive. if you have leet skillz then proceed to be a bad ***. just be a bad *** that covers your teammates.

most of the time the flesh pound does not spawn alone. If he is not taken out quickly then you are overrun and team wipes usually follow. Again, why are you complaining when someone is doing their job to help the team. (possibly because you are not the one getting the cash for downing him)

Upvote 0
No, it takes only one shot, and I've seen a lvl4 ss dropping scrakes/fps in suicidal like flies. I used the suicidal bonus to emphasize how OP the xbow is. I haven't played kf since the very last update so things might be different though.
Oh, with SS you can one shot headshot anything on any level of difficulty at about level 4. I was speaking for all other classes. I believe in Suicidal any regular class needs 2-3 bolts to take down Scrake and FP. SS doe not.

Upvote 0

If a shot does more than 15% of the specimen remaining health in damage and would leave said specimen at less than half health, it instantly decapitates that specimen. When they say '1-shotting Fleshpounds', they mean popping their heads off and having them stagger around and die. And that can actually be done with a level 4 or 5 Sharpshooter with the X-Bow...

And that's forgetting to calculate in that Fleshpounds resist gunfire (from M-14 rounds) by 50% and bolts (Crossbow) by 20% anyway!

As for Scrakes, I think they just have a weakness to Crossbow Bolts somehow.

Or (And I dunno how to test it, but it's a possiblity) due to the Crossbow's piercing properties and the size of the Scrake and FP, the bolt may be hitting them more than once. Who know?

What about the people that spent all that time dealing 5.5 million damage with their weapons, killed so many of x enemy, etc. that can't perform near as well with their best perk weapon? :rolleyes:

Or Berserkers, who just suck period now...

Well, not quite. As far as I understand it anyone, regardless of perk and level, can pick up a crossbow and instantly kill a scrake or fleshpound in one headshot. I was doing this yesterday in a six-man hard game as my medic.

I'm pretty sure this holds true for even suicidal as well.

What can you really say? It's a weapon that Scrakes are weak against that takes up, quite literally, 2/3 of your space, reloads slow, is inaccurate without a scope, and has low ammo. It's fair enough with those limitations.

Upvote 0
If a shot does more than 15% of the specimen remaining health in damage and would leave said specimen at less than half health, it instantly decapitates that specimen. When they say '1-shotting Fleshpounds', they mean popping their heads off and having them stagger around and die. And that can actually be done with a level 4 or 5 Sharpshooter with the X-Bow...

It would make sense if the fp/scrake's already taken some damage before the headshot. But a high lvl ss with xbow can insta decap those, even with full health.

And that's forgetting to calculate in that Fleshpounds resist gunfire (from M-14 rounds) by 50% and bolts (Crossbow) by 20% anyway!

I thought fp didn't have any res against bolts.

Or (And I dunno how to test it, but it's a possiblity) due to the Crossbow's piercing properties and the size of the Scrake and FP, the bolt may be hitting them more than once. Who know?

Sounds very possible.

Upvote 0
What can you really say? It's a weapon that Scrakes are weak against that takes up, quite literally, 2/3 of your space, reloads slow, is inaccurate without a scope, and has low ammo. It's fair enough with those limitations.

I think it should be toned down for all perks except the Sharpshooter. As many have said, when a fleshpound shows up the situation shouldn't be "Oh, a fleshpound. Hey Bob, can you whip our your crossbow and take it out? Thanks." Where in this example Bob could be anything from a level six Sharpshooter to a level zero Firebug who finds himself in possession of a crossbow.

As it is now, if any competent teammate has a crossbow, fleshpounds may as well be the equivalent of a clot (in terms of a threat). By that do I mean that fleshpounds will never be a nuisance? Of course not. Murphy's law. But in most current cases they aren't.

In the hands of a Sharpshooter the crossbow is rightly a devastating weapon. It certaintly does have the perfect limitations, as you have stated. It has a limited ammo supply and it doesn't have a fast rate of fire (it is accurate outside the scope, that all depends on the user). But it becomes a problem when Bob, our friendly level zero Firebug, can pick it up and in most cases be just as devastating as a level six Sharpshooter can be.

Upvote 0
I think it should be toned down for all perks except the Sharpshooter. As many have said, when a fleshpound shows up the situation shouldn't be "Oh, a fleshpound. Hey Bob, can you whip our your crossbow and take it out? Thanks." Where in this example Bob could be anything from a level six Sharpshooter to a level zero Firebug who finds himself in possession of a crossbow.

As it is now, if any competent teammate has a crossbow, fleshpounds may as well be the equivalent of a clot (in terms of a threat). By that do I mean that fleshpounds will never be a nuisance? Of course not. Murphy's law. But in most current cases they aren't.

In the hands of a Sharpshooter the crossbow is rightly a devastating weapon. It certaintly does have the perfect limitations, as you have stated. It has a limited ammo supply and it doesn't have a fast rate of fire (it is accurate outside the scope, that all depends on the user). But it becomes a problem when Bob, our friendly level zero Firebug, can pick it up and in most cases be just as devastating as a level six Sharpshooter can be.

SS will always be more effective with SS weapons. your statement is null.

Reactions: Bandit451
Upvote 0
SS will always be more effective with SS weapons. your statement is null.
...My statement is null? What did I say that didn't make sense? I never said they shouldn't be, or aren't, more effective with weapons meant for them.

Unless you mean that very last sentence, "But it becomes a problem when Bob, our friendly level zero Firebug, can pick it up and in most cases be just as devastating as a level six Sharpshooter can be." That makes perfect sense. I don't have any level zero perks, but if I were to go play a hard game right now and take the part of Bob (as in, be a perk other than Sharpshooter), anything I headshot with the crossbow would die. I've effectively become a level six Sharpshooter thanks to the crossbow. That should not happen.

EDIT: second to last sentence needed some reworking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
everyone has a job in this game. It does not matter exactly what class you are, as long as you perform it with precision; healing, running decoy, shooting, blowing **** up, you will survive. if you have leet skillz then proceed to be a bad ***. just be a bad *** that covers your teammates.

1: There is no precision involved with putting a huge X on a fleshpounds head and pressing mouse 1.

2: Sharpshooter is the easiest class that doesn

Upvote 0
must i post this again???

SS level 6 perks.

• +60% damage, -75% recoil and 60% faster reload with precision weapons
  • +50% headshot damage
  • 70% discount on Handcannons and M14
  • Spawns with Crossbow
now. yes anyone can use any weapon. however, any class not particularly skilled with said weapon is not as nearly effective with it.
I don't think you're understanding me. Let me make an example.

Two people are playing on hard (if you want to conjure up four other people in this example to raise specimen HP values, go ahead, the results will be the same). One is a level six Sharpshooter. One is a level zero Firebug. They both have the crossbow. There is a scrake. The Sharpshooter headshots it and kills it. There is another scrake. The Firebug headshots it and kills it. There is a fleshpound. The Sharpshooter headshots it and kills it. There is another fleshpound. The Firebug headshots is and kills it.

Do you get what I'm arguing? I'm saying that that is wrong. Other perks should not have the same capabilities as the Sharpshooter when it comes to the crossbow. Yes, the Sharpshooter has increased damage, reload speed, and etc. with his weapons, but what does it matter when for every perk the crossbow is a one shot kill against any specimen? It doesn't matter if the Sharpshooter shot the thing for 60% more damage and then 50% more headshot damage tacked on to that, the Firebug can do the same thing without that benefit!

In a nutshell, here's what I'm saying.

• Crossbow works too well with perks other than Sharpshooter. Make the increased headshot damage that the crossbow has unique to the Sharpshooter. The crossbow would still do a little bit of added headshot damage similar to other guns when in the possesion of other perks. The Sharpshooter would be the only class capable of one-hit headshot killing tougher specimen like the scrake and fleshpound (as much as I still hate the thought of one-shotting fleshounds).
EDIT again: forgot the 50% headshot damage in that sentence there. Still holds true even with it, however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok here goes.
xbow does 300 damage + A scoped crossbow, for long-range hunting. Inflicts 6 times as much damage on headshots.

Flesh Pound HP = 1500 (+375/pl)

so a SS has +50 % bonus to headshots and headshots with the xbow do 300 X 6 = 2700

reg xbow 300 x 6 = 1800

in conclusion the numbers reveal that the FP would still have 75 hp left to crush you with. however, decap % and bleed out is diff.

This I can understand. however, I would like to verify if the decap happens and he bleeds out with a non SS......

Upvote 0
In a previous post of mine I did state that I do not think that the bow should go through an infinite amount of zeds and perhaps needs to be removed. Doesn't mean that i do not think 1 shot headshots need to be removed. Just think that a diff weapon needs to be implemented to replace the xbow with similar but weaker stats. i.e. the m99. its a single shot long reload .50 cal bmg rifle and would fo sure go through multiple zeds and splatter heads like water melons. :D

Upvote 0