• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-order HOS

I've been waiting for a long time now, and tbh i dont mind if i still have to wait a while. As long as it releases before the UE3 engine is 100% absolutely old.

I just hope that the gametype and gameplay will get a lot of innovations. And will feel completely fresh. As with the current ro that is what i've gotten the most bored with over the years.

I primarily hope that the capture system will get a change, being more based about actually controlling an area than simply having more people into a zone.

Upvote 0
Its not a rant its just a suggestion.

I could airburst grenades in an opponents FACE like it was going outa style.:cool:

Grenades in ROOST where overused and overpowerful.

Most maps had a COD style beginning.

Where both sides would run to a point and then volley/chuck there grenades.

A rock is different from a Grenade.

I believe free aim for grenades would make it so you would need a little more skill to toss.

The gernade was my favorite weapon in ROOST.

I usually had my gernade equiped first when running outa spawn for a easily timed air burst.

Quick way to end a firefight.

Its just my opinion maybe yours is different then mine :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
One thing with nades that could help could be not allowing yourself to prime them, i dont think that priming often happened anyway :\. Although in that case you definitely shouldnt be able to pick up nades.

The issue with nades especially in the first wave is because everybody knows the map and knows where enemies will exit from. Unless maps are 100% random i doubt that issue could be solved.

Although im not a hater for low nade amounts atleast on smaller maps with 50 players etc. On danzig with 50 players i find nades to really take away from the fun wether its realistic or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
anyone who say grenades in Ostfront are overpowered, certainly don't remember how they were in the mod
Dude I was thinking the EXACT same thing reading all of these comments. RO:OST nukes are firecrackers when compared to RO:CA's literal "nuke-nades". Those things were truly ridiculous.

It's no exaggeration to say that a single grenade could kill everyone explosed in a 50 foot radius... easily... When compared to THAT, I find RO:OST's grenades completely acceptable.

Upvote 0
Dude I was thinking the EXACT same thing reading all of these comments. RO:OST nukes are firecrackers when compared to RO:CA's literal "nuke-nades". Those things were truly ridiculous.

It's no exaggeration to say that a single grenade could kill everyone explosed in a 50 foot radius... easily... When compared to THAT, I find RO:OST's grenades completely acceptable.

The difference is back then soldiers were away from each other often on maps with a 50 foot radius :p. Remember that servers were pretty much 24 player servers on the same sized or bigger maps than we generally play on in ostfront. But overall i was sad to findout that blast radius had been reduced.

In clanmatches i wouldnt mind it even if people would carry 4 nades or whatever even of mod damage rate.

But when playing danzig in a 50 player server (not much choice :p) the amount of nades becomes too much because the battlefield is so littered with people. And its not the blast radius thats the issue.

Basically i want grenades to be slightly limited based on playeramount in a server and based on the dying rate of players. If on average players die once every minute on 50 player map then they can throw one grenade every 30 seconds and a map littered by enemies. That there is my issue.

My issue is nade spam, im not saying that nades are overpowered. Those are 2 different things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Believing the German website Lexikon der Wehrmacht the Stielgranate 24 had a blast radius of 15 meters, so I bet they made a hell of a bang. The mod's grenades seemed quite right in blast radius and damage they did. Also the could be thrown at a distance of up to 40 meters. (Ostfront always feels a bit short)
A grenade that I'd like to see also as a possible equipment is the Eihandgranate 39 for the Germans. Also we might see some of the RDG-33 grenades. So the grenade selection bar would finally be used ;)

Concerning now the pre-order, I hope when I buy an UK version that it will come through to me and also will be able to be installed like an UK version and there will be no "This is a German computer so I won't install it"

Upvote 0
Standard edition:
DVD and booklet.

Special edition:
DVD, booklet and custom skins for tanks.

Collector's edition:
DVD, booklet, custom skins for tanks and exclusive taunts.

Ultra edition:
DVD, booklet, custom skins for tanks, exclusive taunts, RO:O, nightvision goggles, cloth map of eastern front, canned rations from WW2, toothpicks, special in-game ring, (a magical ring based on character class, stats scaling with every level gained.), chart of appropriate and unbiased jokes, a pin-up poster of Ramm in lingerie and a life-size cardboard T-34.

EA's Dragon Age edition:
Standard edition but without game, priced as ultra edition. Features alternative cover!

Last edited:
Upvote 0