• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design (WIP)Hostile - Mission

Fel

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
Hey Im also working on this mission map as well. Here is the Wave 1 area.

This map is totally custom. spawns are controled by triggers which activate counters and timers to spawn the zombies. At the end of each area there will be a boss wave. In the middle of the boss wave the doors to the next area will open (Weapon room). Players will spawn at the end of each wave, and also the player starts will move with the players progress.

Dont worry about the Fps, I have a CRAPPY computer. For example, BioticsLab runs at about 15-12 fps everywhere.

NEWEST PICS UP TOP

11-3-20096-40-02PM.jpg

11-3-20096-40-36PM.jpg

Shot00161.jpg

Shot00162.jpg

Shot00159.jpg

Shot00160.jpg

Last edited:
It is one hell of a hard map fellas. Die hards will love it. LOL
Yea it takes about 4-5 people just to beat wave 1 on hard. You can see in the screen shot, i throw crawlers and husk at you wave 1. But there is TONS of ammo (enough for 6 players) to hold them off. Also after each wave, ill give the players at least 1 teir 3 weapon along with tons of ammo and other guns in a weapon room.

Upvote 0
That area Eddle, you cant really die in. After the crawlers spawn (wave one 2nd area) in the middle of the intense action the doors open into the new area. I spawn a few groups of zombies in there, then all you have to do is kill the rest. Then your gonna proceed through that area, and a few others w/o any action. (Trader period) While the players go and refill ammo and get weapons.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

Yea, he is working on 3 of them. One with Dex, or maybe 2. They are all going to be great maps; however Fel tends to not concentrate on one at a time. He works on all three at once. He gets bored, frustrated, or whatever. LOL. Which is ok. I still get to test them. Fel you need to get back on the Hospital one. I like that one the best of all 3, so far. You do have the most work in the hospital one. So I am sure all three will be great when you have equal amount of work into them.

Dex keep on him. He is slacking. :p So am I with my third map. I should have a beta soon. Being and old man, going back to school, and still working is time consuming.

Thank god I got the H1N1, they think [I waited to long so they have to treat secondary], to free up some of my valuable time for school, and game playing.:eek:

I will be back to work in no time. :( So I better hurry. Times a wasting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right now im working on this one and CandleSmoke (Will release more information around beta time) After that imma take a break then finish Adversary. Thats 3 mission maps.

I will be releasing a tutorial with a Sample Map on how to make you own mission map. Perkable, Wavebased, PlayerSpawns Moving with progress. There are a few tricks other than triggers, like how to keep the wave going during a few calm areas, so your doors dont open too soon that are activated be a single trader and a counter. Anyways, Beta for this will be in about 3-4 weeks, and hopefully the other map as well that Dextronaut and I are working on.

More pics to come

(Fyi eddle, we are about 1/2 done with wave 2 area on candlesmoke)

This map is gonna have anout 5-6 areas, till the final hold area (10 mins off constant battle, then rest a bit then pat)

CandleSmoke will have about 4-6 areas till hold

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah i got to play a few rounds, not really much to say about it. Mission based maps in general are awesome itself. Mix that awesomeness with a great looking Map and you have to create another new word like awesomenessesed :x
Everyone goes like "make more objective based maps" or "where do i get more maps like olde tower". There you go ^^
Wish i would be more creative to do one my own. Till that happens we have to wait for Fel and Kicker to fill the niche. What i would like to see is some story going on with it, nothing fancy, just a little heads up why you have to get into more troubles. Like defusing a bomb, saving someone, turning something on/off and that kind of stuff. In the original wave-based gamemode the game gets easier with more players. Spawns and HP scale, but just not enough imo. Its nice to see a map where you really should bring some buddies, the harder the better. If you can rush trough it without any trouble it doesnt satisfy. Should be so damn effin hard you stand up and do a dance when you beat it :D

From the looks its fine so far for what is there. Textures and placements fit the scenery good. But honestly, if you don't have the time to do sightseeing anyway, its perfect.

THEDDLE, maybe you can spread some disease to Fel to force him to work more on it? =P

Upvote 0