• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

remove arming distance on grenade launchers

jesters puppet

Grizzled Veteran
May 13, 2009
Engalnd
Hi i would like to propose that the arming distance be removed from the grenade launchers, now i know its irritating when teamates get in the way and noobs suicide, but if you are working as a team your team wont block your veiw, and if you have a team of idiots switch server/refuse to give them money as penance for their foolishnes.
im sorry but it really annoys me when i go to shoot a nade a meter or so in front of me (aiming for the ground infront of some ZED's and all i get is a little pofy trail of smoke....also when im low on health, ive been surounded and theres no way im gona live, i would like to be able to take the zeds with me rather than killing 1 clot with a dud pipe >.>
of course i can see that it was put there on purpose to avoid suicide be it accidental or intended. and so that i balances the class out making it a long range only class (to deal with the husk). of course if the demo man was given explosives resistence similair to the firebugs flame proofing it means we could remove the arming distance, keep the perk intact (it will still be a long range weapon as people will receive heavy damage even with the Lv6 defense bonus (i would suggest that the point blank blast damage be between 100-190, and be reduced to no less than 100 at lv6 basicly meaning that if youv'e got armor and shoot a point blank pipe you can survive it, but its not something you are encouraged to do)) the reduced blast damage will also be an incentive for reaching that shiny Lv6 demo man perk ;P

feel free to tear my idea apart and moan and groan about the all important balancing issue and the anoyence with nade launchers and law ya-da-ya-da-ya-da... but not stupid, malicious, or troll posts please >.>

well another would be it makes demoman useless in the final wave, as the nade launchers are useless at close range wen the patty cloaks and mauls you, and when hes at a decent range he mows you down with the chaingun/rockets, any place were you can get a clear pipe shot at him, is also a location were he can get a clear shot at you. the only use a demo could have would be to stand a consciderable distance away and launch pipes at the patty whilst he kills your teamates.

Upvote 0
All other perks except demo-man have to have LOS to hurt the patriarch. Berserker has to be at point-blank range. With Demo. you can deal splash damage and use pipebombs. And, it I'm not mistaken, grenades that are unarmed deal the same amount of damage, just no splash damage (based on killing an FP with it at point-blank range)

Holy crap, you're saying I can use the nade launcher like a giant shotgun slug?? I thought when stuff got close to me I had to just run away or die... I wonder what the arming distance is.

Upvote 0
Holy crap, you're saying I can use the nade launcher like a giant shotgun slug?? I thought when stuff got close to me I had to just run away or die... I wonder what the arming distance is.
Yes.
The aiming distance longer than the distance from specs to the opening in the hideaway next to the trader to the left of the spawn point in west london. At least 3 meters?

Upvote 0
FFS NO!

im sorry but it really annoys me when i go to shoot a nade a meter or so in front of me (aiming for the ground infront of some ZED's and all i get is a little pofy trail of smoke
You're ****ing kidding me? All you get is a little pofy trail? If there wouldn't be an arming distance, all you'd get in this situation is your guts heading to the moon.

Even with the arming distance I some times blow myself up because of stalkers or jumping crawlers being far enough for the grenade to explode and close enough to damage my armor.

If you really need a cool way to die, keep a fragnade for that.

Upvote 0
You don't want to trade an arming distance for a suicide tube. Really, you don't.

QFT. The arming distance is already ridiculously low. I don't want a handheld tube with LAW suicide capabilities.

And for the thought that the tube acts like a shotgun slug in EXTREMELY close distances, its a hit or miss thing. If it happens- fall to your knees and thank baby jesus for saving you.

If it doesn't, that wall needed redecorating anyway.

Upvote 0