• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Left 4 Dead 2 Announced

So, how region-based is the gore?
I think i saw a machete-cut across the chest of zombie in one of the screenshots posted, and also see some entrails hanging out with other zombies.
And the new torn open body with visible backbone is cool, but is that a 'default' model or is it more dynamic how flesh gets ripped off?
Basically how does it work and how different is it too L4D's gore system?

Upvote 0
Can't wait to try out the demo. November 4th needs to come by quicker...

I liked the first L4D. A fun game to play w/ friends, I have both the 360 version and the PC version (got it for $20 during a STEAM sale). The PC version is much better.

Hopefully the story missions are more of a story this time around. And hopefully the new characters grow on me, I like the old 4 a lot better.

Upvote 0
It's locational damage. Machete to the head is decap, chest = nice slice wound visible, back = same as chest, arms = arms removed, legs = one or both legs removed, lower torso = intestines start to hang out.

Shotgun to the back exposes an awesome look at the Zed's inner workings, etc.

Sounds good. I believe i also saw a head being partially destroyed in some video, so not a complete decap but not just a bullethole either, it took a part out of the skull.
Call me a sick guy but i enjoy that stuff :p

Upvote 0
Demo went public and it is like "The Cleveland Show" with Zombies (or infected)

New special infected are ok but the new guns are just meh. Atmosphere sucks compared to the old one and the levels look a lot less detailed with the lights on. The new items like adrenaline are not really needed or useful, melee weapons feel TF2ish (boink anyone?).

Only reasons I see to get this is peer pressure or you didn't play the old. It is just an addon they didn't reinvent the wheel. Maybe I will get it when the price dropped it is not like it is bad.

Have to play Killing Floor now.

Upvote 0
Weapon FOV is a bit ****ed up in the demo. Full release will fix this though.

How do you know?

It was irritating to play because of that. Hard to aim and hit stuff. Other than that it felt better than L4D, but it didn't have the same impact when I first played L4D. Played the demo map and didn't really feel the need to play it again.

Upvote 0
I just did a search again and i could not find solid evidence this would be fixed, if its even viewed as a fix at all.

You can no longer see your legs either. I really hope they add this to the final release. Infact why do people insist on ****ing about changing things that don't need altering?

I saw some Xbox360 footage of L4D2 on youtube and the viewmodel fov remained the same as L4D1. So they have either ****ed something up, or made a decision to change it last minute. I hope the former is the case.

All they need to do is add the viewmodel_fov command to the console and we can customize at will.

Viewmodel poll on Steam forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As others said, not a lot of visible changes, though the spitter could be nice to get rid of cornercamping which is a nice addition.
I also liked the 'race to the alarm' bit in the second map, i hope there is more of that to change the gameplay up from time to time.
Right now i'm too much enjoying ripping zombies apart though to care too much about less changes, i'm not gonna buy it on release is all.
50% discount perhaps, or i should cave in under given circumstances where i just need to have a new game to stop being bored :p

I wouldve liked if they had unlocked the realism mode though, to see what it would be like.

Upvote 0
Tis rare that I denounce a work of prestige but if this DEMO represents the finished product, I am more than disappointed.

Absolute fan of the possible game play introduced by the original L4D and graphic harmony acquired, (hey guy's, it's a good game).

I be disappointed :(.

Confince me otherwise, if you can.

Going back to have another look.

Upvote 0