• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What type of maps would you like to see

What type of maps would you like to see

• Infantry only

Votes: 160 41.9%
  • Vehicle only

Votes: 66 17.3%
  • Combined Arms

Votes: 299 78.3%

• Total voters
I didn't confirm anything. For all you know, we're using this poll to decide if there will be tanks in ROHOS :)

there HAVE to be tanks in HoS!
even if you have to higher the price by 10 euros for that and take an additional year :p

nah seriously, imho Combined Armes is one of the aeras where Ost shines, and without that HoS wouldnt be THE game

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if combined arms finally means that you have tanks and infantry on a map without the infantry having to run for half an hour before getting shot, then yes, i'm all for that. if not, screw the tanks and give us something new, like MG-nests or something. kthxbai

voted CA

yup im having DH type CA maps in mind here
allthought without that: advance down that road only gametype

Upvote 0
Voted for all, but i'd be happy with just inf and CA, as long as there are tanks in the game then custom mappers can make the tank only maps they want (not that a lack of tanks would stop them, I guess. It would just take longer while someone mods them in :D)

Personally i'd like to see at least a basic tank system in place at release, so there's a framework in place for any custom vehicles that may spring up, otherwise there's a chance you may end up with several groups trying to add a vehicle system to the game and we end up with a load of tanks that don't actually work with one another. Also if theres a system in place it makes adding new ones a little quicker (though maybe not, if the system ends up getting overhauled down the line).

Upvote 0
I want to see the same types of maps from ROOST in HOS. The foundation is the intense small and medium length infantry only maps so we have to have those to please the masses. However, combined maps are what made this game what it is. Maps like Lenningrad, Ogledow and Konigs are just classic. In CA maps, i want to see at least 2 tanks on each side so the tanks actually are worth something. I also want to see improvement in the way troop transports are used. I've always felt they've been overlooked in the larger of the CA maps because most the time 1 or 2 guys will jump in and leave the rest of the team behind. Even maps like Berezina were really great, as long as people worked together with transports and their armour.

I'd personally love to see a only tank map on the scale of Blackday July. Those customs like Debrecen and Orel just never suited me because i couldn't handle the boredem of driving for so long (btw DH-Viuex is the worst of them all....PLEASE do not copy the tank map styles from DH).

I think the key is at least having CA maps with a decent assortment of tanks. That way if people want to custom to have tank only maps, or more tanks on CA maps, then they have that ability and everyone is happy.

BTW thanks for the poll! great idea and good sign that you're starting to get those maps done!!! ;)

Upvote 0