• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New perk and weapons

New perk and weapons

• yes

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • no

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • don't care

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
The thing that strikes me as odd is that you have an immoral company that makes zombie like creatures that kill everyone but no weapons. Mostly an immoral company first concer is weapons. So how about weapons that shoot lasers or plasma or anything out of the ordinary.

And while we're at it, how about a perk for those weapons like X% more damage and maybe some special things like more zoom in IS or nightvision.

The thing that strikes me as odd is that you have an immoral company that makes zombie like creatures that kill everyone but no weapons. Mostly an immoral company first concer is weapons. So how about weapons that shoot lasers or plasma or anything out of the ordinary.

And while we're at it, how about a perk for those weapons like X% more damage and maybe some special things like more zoom in IS or nightvision.

I strongly disagree with the laser and plasma idea. Reason is because TWI is trying to keep the game as realistic as possible and not adding any elements that might ruin the gameplay. If the laser weapon did appear then i can predict many ppl will be spamming lasers all over the place ruining the fun.

Upvote 0
I think its a brilliant idea. Why not have some crazy Horzine experimental weapons. In the mod the Flamethower was actully ment to be an experimental weapon.

But i think it would be intersting. :D:cool:

Before they axed descriptions for weapons in the retail version they claimed that the flamethrower was an experimental Horzine weapon.

Upvote 0

I was thinking the same thing, it would fit perfectly into the world and as a new class, but nothing too fancy, maybe a railgun, plasma discharger or already present Metal Storm guns...although it would be nice to have laser to cut off heads and limbs.

Upvote 0
I was thinking the same thing, it would fit perfectly into the world and as a new class, but nothing too fancy, maybe a railgun, plasma discharger or already present Metal Storm guns...although it would be nice to have laser to cut off heads and limbs.

jesus christ. NO

whilst im here...i may aswell suggest the man himself Jesus to be a weapon in the game.

Upvote 0
NO. SPACE-AGE. WEAPONs.

NO. SPACE-AGE. WEAPONs.

If you want to use logic here, all the maps appear to be set in the past or present, much like the modern weapons, and it would be highly unlikely for one company to specialize both in biogenetic experiments AND state-of-the-art combat weaponry, both of which would require top talent, expensive infrastructure and millions of dollars of R&D funding. Only a huge national/ multi-national corporation would have that kind of capability.

But on a practical note, the KF fans are used to realistic weapons, and bringing out an alien or space-age weapon would cheapen the realism/integrity/soul of the game. The reason the game is so engaging is its high level of IMMERSION, particularly with the realistic weapons and 3D scopes/ironsights. A crosshair does not give you that level of immersion. The only step to take the level of immersion further is to eliminate your HUD, which you have the option of doing.

Bringing in weapons that don't exist will create a big roadblock in the gamer's mind that says, "this is just a game, I am really quite safe."

I, for one, want to forget that now and then :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you want to use logic here, all the maps appear to be set in the past or present, much like the modern weapons, and it would be highly unlikely for one company to specialize both in biogenetic experiments AND state-of-the-art combat weaponry, both of which would require top talent, expensive infrastructure and millions of dollars of R&D funding. Only a huge national/ multi-national corporation would have that kind of capability.

But on a practical note, the KF fans are used to realistic weapons, and bringing out an alien or space-age weapon would cheapen the realism/integrity/soul of the game. The reason the game is so engaging is its high level of IMMERSION, particularly with the realistic weapons and 3D scopes/ironsights. A crosshair does not give you that level of immersion. The only step to take the level of immersion further is to eliminate your HUD, which you have the option of doing.

Bringing in weapons that don't exist will create a big roadblock in the gamer's mind that says, "this is just a game, I am really quite safe." I, for one, want to forget that now and then :D

i can just sense someone posting saying "realism???? HURRR theres zombies everywhere" -.-, im saying this in advance to whoever posts this.....**** YOU

Upvote 0
jesus christ. NO

whilst im here...i may aswell suggest the man himself Jesus to be a weapon in the game.

_nicholas.jpg

normal_Trigun-Wolfwood.png

D:

i can just sense someone posting saying "realism???? HURRR theres zombies everywhere" -.-, im saying this in advance to whoever posts this.....**** YOU

I think he means that the guns should stay grounded in reality and I agree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0