• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Interruptable reloads or preference options.

DocDave

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
It would be great if either you could interrupt every reload, or at least have tick boxes in preference settings, that lets you choose what happens when you have an empty clip but are still attack-clicking. Like:

On attack with an empty magazine:

○ Reload current weapon
○ Switch to next-best weapon
○ Do nothing (manual reload only)

This would give you better control over when you reload, and you wouldn't run into situations where you're stuck watching yourself reloading and can't get off that split-second heal while your teammate gets chewed up.

Alright guys, this has been a main design flaw from the dawn of KF (at least from what I can tell in the retail version) and would help everyone so why is this getting ignored?
On top of that, it would be one of the easiest-to-implement ideas I've yet seen in these forums so if this got attention, chances this'll get added with the next patch are actually pretty good..

On top of that, it'd be awesome it kf handled empty weapons differently.
Right now if you empty your shooter, it immediately switches to the next best gun but if you take the shooter back out and press fire, nothing happens.
It should always switch to another weapon if you try to shoot with an empty gun imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
why do people insist on making the game so much easier this way.

automatic reloading add's to the panic

and you should know when you have to reload by now.

and yeh i agree, sometimes it gets you off guard and it kills you but.....who really cares that much?
To be honest it is really something that exists in almost all FPS. Either you don't autoreload, or if you do, you have the option to turn it off.

I for one, fully support to ability to turn it off. Human beings are not robots and for the people with no hud, it takes away the realism and fun.

Upvote 0
To be honest it is really something that exists in almost all FPS. Either you don't autoreload, or if you do, you have the option to turn it off.

I for one, fully support to ability to turn it off. Human beings are not robots and for the people with no hud, it takes away the realism and fun.

i spose it wudnt cause any harm to add the option in.

its just annoying seeing so many people complaining about the auto reload lol, i myself dont mind it.

Upvote 0
why do people insist on making the game so much easier this way.

automatic reloading add's to the panic

and you should know when you have to reload by now.

and yeh i agree, sometimes it gets you off guard and it kills you but.....who really cares that much?
I don't know about you, but if I'd be in a panic, surrounded by zombies, I'd sure as hell not, in all calmness pull a mag out of my pocket, stuff it into the gun and pull the hammer back as if I did it while nothing stands in front of me, the 'click click click' sound of an empty gun you try to fire, not realizing it's empty says 'panic' much more than that imo.

Upvote 0
I don't know about you, but if I'd be in a panic, surrounded by zombies, I'd sure as hell not, in all calmness pull a mag out of my pocket, stuff it into the gun and pull the hammer back as if I did it while nothing stands in front of me, the 'click click click' sound of an empty gun you try to fire, not realizing it's empty says 'panic' much more than that imo.

but your in fear of dying because of the reload, id feel a bit safer if i knew i could switch to another weapon thats full.

but your way seems more...atmospheric,...as if you actually were the guy in the game. So i see where your coming from.

Upvote 0
It's more realistic to let the player choose manual reload, but the auto reload definitely creates more oh sh*t moments.

It's a skill to switch weapons before completely expending your clip, and a convenience when you intend to finish the clip and reload automatically afterwards. Know your guns.

Upvote 0
It's more realistic to let the player choose manual reload, but the auto reload definitely creates more oh sh*t moments.

It's a skill to switch weapons before completely expending your clip, and a convenience when you intend to finish the clip and reload automatically afterwards. Know your guns.

If a ****ing flaespunds is coming to put his meatgrinderwhatsoever-hands up to my arse, I would rather throw that clip from my hand the ground or change to another weapon. That auto-reload has ruined too many my games.

Upvote 0
If a ****ing flaespunds is coming to put his meatgrinderwhatsoever-hands up to my arse, I would rather throw that clip from my hand the ground or change to another weapon. That auto-reload has ruined too many my games.

Indeed. Of course auto-relaod brings "oh sh*t" moments but it's also annoying from time to time. So i vote for the option to turn it on/off, everyone will be happy.

Upvote 0