• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Flesh Pounds

level up ur sharpshooter all the way and ur good. xbows kill fps 1 headshot if you are lvl 6 on suicidal. can decap fps with one headshot if lvl 5 as well but only on hard and lower

Lvl 3 sharp in a 5 man Hard game can 1-shot FPs. He was standing right next to me and I was like huh where did my FP go??? =( My money!!!

Not sure if Lvl 3 can do it in a 6 man Hard game.

Upvote 0
lets say the SS is level 6
Same numbers, it doesn't change that much. The damage goes up but the amount it needs to go up to change a 2 shot to a 1 shot is immense. Which is why level 4+ is all that needs to be assumed...

EDIT: er actually, assuming my values for health and proper math sequence is correct, then its possible to bring the pat down on hard in one shot. Just re-ran the numbers. This also assumes he has no built in damage reduction. Health on hard: 5400. Damage from level 6 xbow: 5760.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wish more people would actually REALISE that a sharpshooter with an xbow is really important if you want to survive the later waves on harder difficulty settings. .... That's why I play nothing but SS during waves 7-10 these days. Without me there ARE no Waves 7-10.

So far, the only reason I've kept improving at KF is because of really horrible teammates. In a twisted, perverse, way, I should even be thankful for them.

And this is exactly the problem with the sharpshooter perk. SS players thinking that their perk is mandatory for success and that all other perks are obsolete, annoying and even work against you. While in fact, the sharpshooter is the real problem because it's OVERPOWERED! Those other players in your team are actually having fun with the challenge the game offers while you are frustrated about not getting your FP one-shots.

I once played a sharpshooter and got the EBR. I just felt plain dirty using it. The thrilling fun of killing specimen was no longer there as if I had used a cheat code. Now it has become the perk I play the least. I also avoid servers where the other players are waving their leet laser beams around.

Upvote 0
My favorite thing lately is watching Demomen/Commandos/Supports spam away almost a whole mag of ammo to leave the FP STILL STANDING when you can deal with it instantly, with a single shot...

Even when you TELL THEM THIS, they continue to ignore you and keep wasting ammo.

Also, the M-14 Sharpshooters are particularly bad against FPs...ick...

Upvote 0
how to deal with the FP...

how to deal with the FP...

I thought I'd whip up this simple flowchart to help folks know how to deal with the deadly Fleshpound:

FleshpoundFlowchart.jpg

Remember: knowing your role is half the battle!
GEEEE AYYYYEEEE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!

Upvote 0
And this is exactly the problem with the sharpshooter perk. SS players thinking that their perk is mandatory for success and that all other perks are obsolete, annoying and even work against you. While in fact, the sharpshooter is the real problem because it's OVERPOWERED! Those other players in your team are actually having fun with the challenge the game offers while you are frustrated about not getting your FP one-shots.

I once played a sharpshooter and got the EBR. I just felt plain dirty using it. The thrilling fun of killing specimen was no longer there as if I had used a cheat code. Now it has become the perk I play the least. I also avoid servers where the other players are waving their leet laser beams around.

It's mandatory for success if the other players on your team are seriously freaking lousy!!! Yes, it does mean that sharp is overpowered. There's no point debating a commonly acknowledged fact.

At lvl 5 and 6 those guys somehow die on wave 4. If I played support or commando I wouldn't have been able to single-handedly carry the team full of noobs. I just finished a game where I headshotted 2 sirens and 2 husks in around 10 seconds, only to suddenly see red and before I knew it 4 gorefasts, some crawlers, and an enraged scrake were chewing on my guts.

Apparently the Commando guarding the passageway had spent his SCAR magazine enraging the scrake, ignoring everything of higher threat level, and then ran away. Even though I had already cleared 4 fleshpounds and every other scrake/siren in that wave without letting anyone take damage, the 4 of them(lvl 4s and 5s) couldn't survive for the measly 70-ish specimens left in that wave 10. Every single one of them died from playing a dangerous game of "enrage the scrake".

In the absence of a sharpshooter, scrake-related deaths are probably the no.1 killer, seriously. It helps even more when 2 Commandos aim at different scrakes, and enrage them simultaneously.

You want to talk about having fun with other classes? Well, good for you if you enjoy having stupid teammates who are lvl 5 or 6 but are barely good enough for Normal. I generally gauge how good/bad the team is before deciding on bringing out the overpowered SS.

It's not the only way to win the game, but it's the most effective way. And yes, I'll admit I'm not good enough to carry a team full of noobs who decided to try Hard/Suicidal even after they get wiped on Normal.

Upvote 0