• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New ut 2004 mod would fit KF

New? I remember this from RO's MSU days. A one-man project (IIRC?), never thought this would eventually see the light of day. Impressive display of staying power.

Since there's already a UT2004 install (for the most glorious ROMOD) present, I'll have to give it a go. Already brings back fond memories of all those classy mods, like Air Buccaneers and Alien Swarm :)

Upvote 0
The answer is in the readme file -

- You must have UT2004 patch v.3355 OR v.3369 installed prior to playing Out Of Hell. If these patches are not installed prior to running Out Of Hell, the game will not work. (Previous/later patch versions have NOT been tested)
- Out Of Hell does not need any of the Bonus Packs to run. Having these pre-installed should not affect Out Of Hell.

Upvote 0
Turned out quite well, as far as I can tell. A little rough around the edges, but very atmospheric. Gritty looks and eerie sounds/music successfully instill quite a worrying dose of discomfort.

On the bad side, it crashed for me during a level switch and took me to some random level when I tried to continue, and you can get yourself stuck. Concerning its overall quality, those should be forgivable flaws :)

Upvote 0