• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I want an official response on the current state of Berserkers

Well no one said the katana was weak, if you haven't noticed.
It was just made needlessly annoying to use.

It's not like you do not need to time your attacks when holding the mouse down unleashes a continuous flurry of attacks, you'll notice that with the knife which works in the exact same way the katana used to work only with less damage and if you w+m1 with the knife, you're just as dead as if you do it with a katana.

Also why creating an inconsistency with how melee works by having one weapon that requires clicks for every single attack while all other weapons work automatically?
It's not like that thing uses ammo or anything anyway.

The fact that he used a katana also says something about the chainsaw which would've most likely gotten that berserker killed in the state it currently is in...

The big thing is that the constant-attack with the Katana was FUN and it's no longer there. It's not fun to spamclick. I can get the same effect as the spamclicking or better playing as another class...so I will...

Upvote 0
When I started playing KF and I saw the chainsaw, the first thing I thought was that this was sick. I'd sell my kids for this. Chainsawing zeds, hell yeah!

After playing for a few weeks, I will say that I was pretty disappointed with the chainsaw. It's really a symbolic weapon for horror lovers and the sadistic. Now it really feels like nothing more then that, a novelty weapon. Everything else just feels *better*.

I really did give zerker and the chainsaw a chance too. But at the end of the day, if I have to rely on other guns to do the jobs that my class specific weapons are supposed to do, and they do it much much better, what's the point of trying to play an archaic class? Gotta move on right?

Anyway, just a newcomer's opinion on things. KF is still great.

Upvote 0
i was team killed on his server because this guy was just shooting all over the place.

then i got banned because i was like 'what was that for?!'

If that's the case, you should talk with the main admin and explain the thing clearly and carefully (and politely, among account info page) that what happened there. It's not entirely uncommon to see someone deliberately shooting teammates, then someone revenges it and it turns into all out TK war and then it's hard to really get some idea what was going on behind that.

As for the op itself, I have a hunch that they might change things probably in the next major patch. I really don't see a reason for official response, community outcry about berserkers being put into partitially useless state ought to be heard at this point.

Upvote 0
if twi dosent already have a track record of setting thing straight, then its time to open your eyes. while i respect the idea of ballance, asking it in such a whiney manor after we have received so many updates on 20$ game is just rude. hell if this were released by EA we wouldent even have seen the moon walking FP fix.

so, because TWI actually reads the forums and dosent do the fingers in ears "lalalalalala" dance, how about stating what you believe to be wrong AND how you think it can be fixed. the first withouth the second is just *****ing, and if thats all you want to do then have a cup of stfu; the addition of the second implies you dont want to just cry but improve the game.;)

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
Quiet, you. Myself and others have already clearly explain our stances in the linked threads. That's why they're linked.

edit: ...between buying for myself and friends, I own 3 copies of KF. I love the game, in general, but zerkers are one thing I strongly feel need a change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I doubt you'll see an official statement regarding the perk because of what's going on on the forums right now. There may be a small vocal group that's unsatisfied with the Berserker perk here, but in the grand scheme of KF players I doubt that they'd make up a sizable portion (I'm a part of that vocal minority, but I don't think the perk is as broken or useless as people are making it out to be. Especially since I've carried a few hard/suicidal teams as rank 6 berserker).

TWI listens to their customers, and I'm confident that if something is broken that they'll fix it. It will probably take a little while since they have other things to worry about as well (troubleshooting bugs, whitelist updates, map contest playtesting/judging, keeping track of the Steam forums as well as these, RO: HoS, etc).

Upvote 0
I doubt you'll see an official statement regarding the perk because of what's going on on the forums right now. There may be a small vocal group that's unsatisfied with the Berserker perk here, but in the grand scheme of KF players I doubt that they'd make up a sizable portion
Ironically, ask the community at large if it thinks Berserker is the weakest perk and you'll get a resounding "Yes (But firebug ain't all that great either)" response...

Where's your response, TWI, my good chaps? I want to hear something out of you- at least "we're thinking about it."
Whenever you die as a Berserker now, listen very, very closely for the evil laughter in the distance. That's their response...

Upvote 0
I dunno, I find the Berserker pretty good actually. With a Katana, he can pretty much kill anything in one hit with a decap, and the Scrake can't do anything when a zerker is swinging madly at him. Only problems are the FPs and Patriarch. Of course I never go the final round as a Zerker anyway. I usually switch to support. Love that AA-12.

Upvote 0