• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Melee damage

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
Once more a topic on melee, as I just could find a thread fitting. Anyway I've been thinking about the damage a buttstock swing should make.
The Red Orchestra Mod had 2 butt-bashes to kill the enemy.
Ostfront has the "pick a punch" thingy, which actually doesn't seem to work with a swing melee for me. Still here it was also 2 bashs.

And now I thought if it was increases to 3 strikes you need, when you're attacking the torso or legs, and one bash to the head, that would be a nice feature.

The bayonet thing is a slightly different story to tell. The bayonet should kill with one torso or head stab, just like currently. But the leg stab shouldn't kill at once. I yet mentioned in a previous thread that the feature that your player model falls to the ground when 1 shot hits you in the legs or feet. (If someone's interested the thread is here) So in my eyes the same thing should happen with a bayonet stab to the leg, you're not dead but you'll fall to the ground and can't get up for some time. This would be way more realistic.

And a third thing, several others and myself have yet mentioned and discussed the ability to kick someone. This is an awesome idea! You can kick the enemy out of the window, just imagine. Still there's the question, what damage should a kick do? I thought of 5-6 kicks to get you rendered dead as your rips get cracked and 2-3 kicks to the head. No please do not imagine a kung fu jump kick now! I thought that you'll be likely kicking someone lying on the ground, so the head is within reach.

The 4th thing: Currently in RO OST there's no damage when jumping or falling on people. I believe that it would cause some damage and both people falling to the ground like yet with the bayonet stab, with the difference they can get up. The damage count should consist of "where's the impact on the person standing below?" and "how deep does the person fall?"

Your thoughts comrades! :)