• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual Pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im all for Dual Pistols! If you can find another one why not!
YouTube - Dual Weilding M249 Machine Guns
watch

Upvote 0
Your reason is low.

One more time tell me, why is impossible to shoot dual pistols. Pistol in general is not for long range shooting. If we talking about stalingrad it should be additional weapon for room from room combat (5-15 meters), if you have rifle or your magazine is out.
=================================================================================
And yes reload should be very long. Human hands are able to reload two pistols, just imagine how to do it.

.... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
In short, I'll say it again:

No one uses more than one pistol, out side of the movies and video games.

Considering RO is supposed to be a realistic game, it has no place. If this was Call of Duty, Halo, ect. it would fit. But it is not.

Of course you can hold and shoot two pistols. You can even hold and shoot more than one rifle. But aside from looking like a moron at the range (or airsofters), no one with half a brain does this.

Yes, it was done before. But it was extremely rare. As in, probably around .1% of anyone who used a pistol in WWII did it.

And of course, it would make reloading far slower. As in, 5 times slower than with one pistol. Not very practical at all.

Use your sights, and double/triple/quad tap when needed.

Now you did it. Know this is going to be posted all over the interwebz, and all the CoD kiddies will come and ruin the game. :eek:

Nice pic.

Upvote 0
Of course you can hold and shoot two pistols. You can even hold and shoot more than one rifle. But aside from looking like a moron at the range (or airsofters), no one with half a brain does this.

You cant compare rifles, if you want joking. You do not need sights for room from room combat. That pic is not about dual pistols, its about dual Macs with bad uniform. We dont talking about spawning with two pistols, we talking about that if you got one you could pic up another from ground.

Also I am talking about fire modes. If enemy or group of enemies is near, it should be simultaneously without sights. If enemy is little far just aim one pistol using sights and if you empty your magazine than aim another pistol by using sights.

It seems that you dont read. Take focus on it again and you will see that there is no Max Paine idea behind that.

Reactions: Roland777
Upvote 0
Peterpans, why do you allways think ppl dont read/understand your "ideas" if they dont like them?

you allways keep beating a dead horse, throw argument upon argument on us, normally all saying the exact same thing, wich is, OMGZ ME LIEKS TEH IDEA!
while on the other hand ignoring and bashing any argument brought against you?

if you didnt notice yet, this is also the reason most ppl stopped usind valid arguments against you, as you ignore them anyways

they just say no

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I saw a story on the history channel about a sergeant ( Marines i think?) who was in a fire fight in the jungle against the Japanese. He was out of ammo in his main weapon and, to inspire his men, he took out two Colt .45s and started mowin down Japs left and right. Eventually he was overwhelmed and killed, and posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor.

But my point is (in PETERPANs defense) the whole two-pistol thing did happen occasionally in WW2. Even if it was only in cases where the user was highly trained and brave. And seeing as how players can achieve "hero" status in multiplayer, I see no reason why they couldn't just allow only those with a hero status to pick up two pistols.

However, there are a lot of other suggestions that I think would be more worth taking the time to code than this.

On the other hand, I read some where (I cant remember where) that in other occasions- some Russian soldiers were so ignorant that when they were issued Molotov Cocktails, they just tossed them without lighting them and never realized why they dont burn. I doubt those people could wield 2 guns together.

Upvote 0
On the other hand, I read some where (I cant remember where) that in other occasions- some Russian soldiers were so ignorant that when they were issued Molotov Cocktails, they just tossed them without lighting them and never realized why they dont burn. I doubt those people could wield 2 guns together.

that may be because the standard issue non improvised russian molotovs light by a chemical reaction wich will occure when hitting something

Upvote 0
Peterpans, why do you allways think ppl dont read/understand your "ideas" if they dont like them?

you allways keep beating a dead horse, throw argument upon argument on us, normally all saying the exact same thing, wich is, OMGZ ME LIEKS TEH IDEA!
while on the other hand ignoring and bashing any argument brought against you?

if you didnt notice yet, this is also the reason most ppl stopped usind valid arguments against you, as you ignore them anyways

they just say no

I like discussions. It doesnt matter if you dont like it, I like to see reactions and sometimes I got interesting findings.

Upvote 0
You cant compare rifles, if you want joking. You do not need sights for room from room combat. That pic is not about dual pistols, its about dual Macs with bad uniform. We dont talking about spawning with two pistols, we talking about that if you got one you could pic up another from ground.

Also I am talking about fire modes. If enemy or group of enemies is near, it should be simultaneously without sights. If enemy is little far just aim one pistol using sights and if you empty your magazine than aim another pistol by using sights.

It seems that you dont read. Take focus on it again and you will see that there is no Max Paine idea behind that.

Yes, I did read your post. You didn't read mine.

Yes, there is a Max Paine influence behind it. Because the only people who use dual pistols/firearms are people in Max Paine, Matrix, Terminator, ect.

Yes, in door to door combat, you use your sights. You use your sights until you are within arm distance of your enemy.

Again, considering this game is supposed to be striving for realism, it should not be put in.

In short: A big NO.

Upvote 0
No matter, dual pistol shooting is real, If you want evidence I make emental cheese from you, just run around 10-20 meters.

I am also interested about macedonian shooting style of hand guns. But it could damage your brain. :rolleyes:

And dont forget to post some pics of dual smgs or something similar, off topic pictures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.