• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

{U}~Necro_Ninja

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 30, 2009
I've been playing cod alot because I just pre-ordered cod2 and cant wait for it to come out, and i was just thinking that Killing floor should have a ranking system in it like in the cod games or something like that with badges and metals. It makes sence cause where playing as military people...so ya I just think it would bring more compitition and fun to the game? add me on steam. {U}~Necro_Ninja \../:cool:\../ peace yall

The only problem with your post is this:
It makes sence cause where playing as military people...
In case you haven't noticed, only a few of the models are actual military. The rest of them are either cops (two of them) or just seemingly ordinary people caught up in the mess. Hence, there's not as much merit to it, despite the fact that it's implied that the military was sent in.

As for the tl;dr version, the game/backstory implies that everyone is in the military. The models available contradict that.

Furthermore, what is the point of a ranking system in a game where you're supposed to work with your team to keep them alive, aka a cooperative game? How would you gain ranks, anyway? The total number of Specimens you've killed and/or by headshots? The total amount of money you've earned? Your survival rate? A point-conversion of any of the above and more? I can't really see how it would be tracked (then again, I was playing something else for several hours, during which my brain melted, so I might be able to later).

Finally, this appears to be a suggestion, and if so, this is in the wrong forum. Also, please keep in mind for future reference that just because another game had it, it doesn't necessarily mean that it'll work in another one.

Upvote 0
i wouldnt mind seeing a ranking system, i have been calling for it since i bought the game. In steam store it even says that this game has stats...one of the key selling points for me...and for all those that say this is a team game, the ranks could be affected by losses, team mates deaths, team damage, and of course offensive categories...there are always ways to force teamwork, and i personally am still waiting for some true stats, not some uninformative broad range progress bars.../end drunk ramble

*btw i have no idea what i said, i hope it made sense.:p

Upvote 0
A ranking system with other requirements like the perks, that offer new skins for your weapons and stuff would be cool.
So people can do various things for them. I wouldn't mind a CoD style Gold Deagle.
Or:
When you get, like, 5 achievements, give a new weapon skin choice, When you get 10, another couple of new skins for different weapons, and so on.
Could require alot of work.

Upvote 0
I think he meant Modern Warfare 2.

Then speak clearly and call it Modern Warfare 2. He couldn't have meant modern warfare 2 because he posted "COD" Incase you havent noticed they dropped those from the title for some reason. Also even if he meant COD4 And MW2 saying cod and cod2 makes him look like he hasent ever played the others at all.

Upvote 0