• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SCAR weight?

EDIT: the L85A1 is actually heavier in real life than the SCAR-H Long. It's even heavier when completely unloaded versus a SCAR-H.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-80
8.4 lbs empty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_SCAR
versus 8.2 lbs

The Lever Action also weighs more than the M-14.

Lever action is also more powerful than the M-14 in KF despite the M-14 carrying a more powerful round. The 7.62x51mmNATO actually carries over 30% more muzzle energy than the 30-30 Winchester IRL.

They aren't that committed to realism in this game. See Red Orchestra and check out the difference. They're aware of the stuff in KF that's unrealistic, they're just letting it pass for the sake of gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The cost is supposed to prevent that but with discounts it is easy to get one early on and another late game. Player deaths are a huge blow now if you don't die with your tier 3 weapon in hand though. I guess the issue with adding new guns is that most perks can already run any position in the team and adding new weapons that are of the same tier just choices that have no real impact on the game. Unfortunately to make a splash the new weapons have to outclass the older weapons in some form but you don't want to introduce super-heavy weapons because they would have to replace the usefulness of all the weapons they make unavailable (the main issue of the LAW, even now).
The best fix is to fix the weapon balance rather than scaling something else.

Upvote 0
Oh I don't know. If we keep getting new weapons along with perk levels...it may be in their interest to make a "Super Long" game length, say 15 to 20 rounds per game. That way people would naturally move through each of the weapon levels as it was intended...buying one tier, using it for a round or two, then upgrading.

I agree they need to start on weapon balance now rather than later...but KF from the ground up is a scaled game. So most game elements are relative and weapons can be indirectly tweaked if need be.

Besides, isn't that what Short and Medium games basically are, a short cut to the badassness without all the build up? Weapon cost and such becomes increasingly less relevant with the shorter game lengths, and easier difficulties.

Upvote 0
Besides, isn't that what Short and Medium games basically are, a short cut to the badassness without all the build up? Weapon cost and such becomes increasingly less relevant with the shorter game lengths, and easier difficulties.
Uh, I think I must be reading this wrong. Short games are more difficult on the basis of not being prepared but much easier on the basis of only seeing a few of the top tier specs. In a short game I see one maybe two FPs but I can still get an AA12 before then on anything short of suicidal. If gorefasts had scaling health like FPs the game would actually be very difficult but that's not really this discussion.

Upvote 0
Short games are more difficult on the basis of not being prepared but much easier on the basis of only seeing a few of the top tier specs.
Cash still scales to game length, even though you'll face a deficit on higher difficulties, compared to how fast the specimen difficulty jumps up over the wave. In general though, if you can avoid dying at all, the ratios stay close to 1:1 for changes in length and diff. They have to, or playing short games would be a death sentence.

Upvote 0
Cash still scales to game length, even though you'll face a deficit on higher difficulties, compared to how fast the specimen difficulty jumps up over the wave. In general though, if you can avoid dying at all, the ratios stay close to 1:1 for changes in length and diff. They have to, or playing short games would be a death sentence.
Really. I never noticed that. Well they should fix that since the waves are easier.

Upvote 0