• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Trouble with the trader

NAKED GI JOE

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Atlanta
I have made my map, and started on adding a trader, I have everything needed inside the trader area and have the shop volume and teleports setup.......BUT when I get to the door, I have a problem. When I cut a door way for the trader door and then position the door (from the example trader) and save and build my map goes dark very foggy dark. I can't see the floor or walls very clear..texture is not real there. I can play (run around) in the map but it is dark. I go back to a saved map without the door and all is good, the minute I cut the door way out and put the door in darkness. Any ideas?

NAKED

It sounds like you might have a BSP hole which causes the hall of mirrors effect. It hard to say without actually seeing it.

Have a look at the shop area with the "Top View 2d" and see if the lines of your walls and doorways etc lineup with the grid lines on the editor. They don't have to be on these lines but it really does help when you first get started or make really complex maps.

Upvote 0
Alright take a look good lighting no door to trader.

good_ss.jpg

and the bad light with door to trader

bad_ss.jpg

the color (or lack there of) is through out the entire map.

I already have level info lighting set to 100, so I am sure it has to do with a leak of some sort...thnking back to my old Hammer days...not sure if this editor is the same way.

NAKED

Upvote 0
seeing that shade makes me think that you need to look at your portals.

This will happen if you have a completely sealed room with multiple doorways and they have all been portaled except for 1 causing a leak as it were.

first check doors etc to see if there is a good seal and then look for awkward spots such as crawler ducts that lead into other rooms breaking the zone

Upvote 0