• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Support Weapon combo

Support Weapon combo

• Shotgun and Hunting Shotgun

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Shotgun and AA12

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • AA12 and Hunting Shotgun

Votes: 24 32.9%

• Total voters
Shotgun/AA12 is pretty useless if you want to take out Scrakes and FPs but is a beast at killing everything else. Kill things with the Shotty and when lots of them build up shred them with the AA12.
Hunting/AA12 is great for killing the Scrakes and FPs but... with your only big gun being the AA12 you burn through ammo so fast and easily get done in when reloading.

I dunno tbh... i can't seem to get into the Support anymore.

Upvote 0
I've been using that same combo, use the AA12 like it is the pump shotty.

When Scrakes and FPs show, pump a few rounds in them then when they get close switch to the Hunting shotty to put the finishing stamp on them.

Pump and AA12 works well too, use the AA12 like it is the Hunting Shotty, when you need to clear some space so you can reload your pump action.

Upvote 0
For me shotgun/AA12 it's the best.

Because using the shotgun to kill everything except FP's and scrakes, but then again, instead of spamming AA12 on them just shoot about 3-5 times on them on the head and then a couple of shoots of AA12 on them and they are dead.
And using the AA12 for the FP's.

But then again, HS/AA12 it's also good cuz both weapons deal a lot of damage and it's just killing what comes in front of you.

This is just me, surely you guys got different thoughts

Upvote 0
AA12 + shotgun for the simple advantage of having a flashlight attached to one of your mainweapons.
This is so useful in some levels (bedlam anyone?).
The AA12 because its ammo costs less than half of that the hunting shotty spews out while being useful in more situations.

Upvote 0
AA12 + Hunting Shotgun
AA12 for normal Zeds because you can hold more ammo than the regular Shotgun. Hunting Shotgun as a secondary for normal Zeds, if they happen to be in a large group + as a final punch against Scrakes/Funpounds after shooting a few rounds in their head with the AA12.
You can one shot Scrakes when soloing Hard mode with the Hunting Shotgun and maybe two shot Funpounds. But the AA12, for me, is mostly used for killing regular Zeds and dropping Scrakes/Funpounds (in semi-full/full games) down a bit while I whip out my Hunting Shotgun to deliver the final blow or for mass crowd control.

Upvote 0
i tend to have the most fun when using the shotgun and hunting shotgun combo - don't get me wrong the AA-12 is incredibly freaking awesome, it's just very expensive and I pretty much always run out of ammo with it cuz it's usually later waves by the time I have it (after sharing cash with newbly teammates who died and stuff lol)

but i guess the most powerful combination would be something and the AA-12

still, the hunting shotgun is the most fun for me out of all 3 of them, there's just nothing as awesome as putting both barrels to the scrakes chin and blowing his *** to away into a backflip, triggering zed time, and saving your teammate who was like, 'the scrake's chasing me, flippin' do something!'

Upvote 0
The reload time of the hunting shotgun can put you in a world of pain.

It makes sense to carry the pump shotgun with the AA12, much like it does to carry the bullpup with the SCAR.
Well they SCAR feels more like an upgraded AK so it make sense to always carry the SCAR instead of the AK if you have the money (unless you think the AK is strictly better than the 'pup).

The AA12 is strictly better than the pump shotgun (well, except for price) so generally you should carry it instead of the shotgun. Personally I find the AA12 a better way to deal with FPs and scrakes than the HS so I want to keep ammo open for this. The regular shotgun is better and cheaper for trash enemies. Once I can afford the AA12 in suicidal I always carry AA12 and shotgun.

What it seem to end up as is if you prefer the HS or AA12 as a dedicated FP and scake weapon.

Upvote 0
Like I voted, Hunting + Auto.

I prefer to use the Hunting as single shot and save the Auto for big, unmanagable crowds, and bringing Scrakes and FPs to the charging point. Hunting Shottie finishes the job with a single burst, and saves ammo on the Auto shottie.

Generally, if I play right, I don't have ammo issues because I bounce between the guns even when I'm the last man standing, but I do pull out the 'nades and 9 mm on occasion to give me a bigger cushion.

All that said, there is alot going for the Shotgun/Auto combo, especially the fact that you can carry an M79 and the flashlight. Still, though, I'm always most focused on the guys most likely to kill me, I.E. the Scrakes and FPs. So, Hunting/Auto it is.

Upvote 0