• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the game has become too easy

with all these new and more powerful weapons, the patriarch has become very easy to kill. so far my team has survived every match. in one instance we killed him in 10 seconds where he didnt' have a chance to heal.
i hope tw balances the game out.

I challenge your team to kill the Ol' Pat on my server. You have to kill him on Bedlem and Wyre and a map of your choice.

Server details
|
|
|
v

Upvote 0
The game is only easier because the new weapons eat Scrakes/FPs for breakfast where no one used to be able to... Sharpshooters who could headshot Scrakes could alway dominate and Firebugs used to do what demomen did, only without the smokescreen...

The Patriarch is a joke now, though...tons of ways to all-but-instagib him...
-Team full of Supports with AA-12s
-Team full of Shapshooters w/ Crossbows
-Team full of Sharpshooters w/ M-14
-Team full of demomen w/ Pipebomb Spam
-Team full of demomen w/ Nade Launchers
-Team full of Commandos w/ SCARs
-A single guy with the Flamethrower that can kite well...

It used to require coordination for a weld-in. Now it just requires getting everyone in one place and spamming firepower at the same time... My first post-patch Hard game with my friends, we all got AA-12s. With ZERO tactics, we got Straight Rush by spamming all the shells into him. We all felt kinda like cheaters...not a lot of satisfaction in a kill so easy. Likewise when we did the Pipebomb-Pileup.

Upvote 0
Did someone say pipe spam?

333y36h.jpg

This is getting ridiculous... :p

too bad doom map shouldnt even be whitelisted

its like the easiest perking map ever
its blasphemy!

Upvote 0
They are like they are in real life. Anything less would be idiotic.
For example the AA12 shotgun was in reality specifically designed and manufactured to be overpowering.
You could give the player a tank and it would be overpowering. But it wouldn't be balanced. Balance needs to take precedence over realism or the game will lose longevity.

Upvote 0
Balance must step back in place of consistency and game-world-believability.
A game has to have all of these. When a gun is intoduced you have to look at the balance of the weapon, the immersion (you usually can't add a laser rifle to a middle-ages action game- for the sake of consistency), the spot that the weapon fills is something the game needs (another free melee weapon that deals the same damage and has the same speed as the knife might be balanced versus the knife but the game really doesn't need it), ect.
The SCAR has flavor, is believable, has a unique spot, but is not really balanced. While it might be believable that it is unbalanced, it must be balanced for the sake of gameplay or it should not be introduced.

Upvote 0