• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics I kill Fps and Scrakes with one shot....

boomandvibe

Oct 26, 2009
I'm level 6 sharpshooter. I was wondering if there is anything more I need to know about the class so I visited this forum. As I was reading through, I noticed that majority of people talk about how to kill fleshpounds and scrakes when it can easily be done with a level 6 crossbow. I think the hitbox is fixed now since I've been killing fleshpounds and scrakes with one crossbow shot directly on their heads. (when fleshpound is enraged, however, this doesn't seem to work. It's either I am missing the shots because he is moving fast or because he is stronger) It's not really a big deal to kill them. If anyone disagrees with me please let me know.

In one of the other topics, I did the math...lemmie see if I can find it...ah, here it is...

Non-Sharpshooter
300 (X-Bow damage) * 6 (X-Bow headshot multiplier) = 1,800 in a single shot! Nothing to sneeze at!

Sharpshooter, Level 6
300 (X-Bow Base damage) + 180 (Sharpshooter 60% bonus damage) x 6 (X-Bow Headshot multiplier) x 1.5 (Sharpshooter 50% headshot damage increase) = 4,320 DAMAGE from a Level 6! Insane damage!

A Skrake on 6-player Hard has ~3,800 HP, and FP on Hard 6-player only has ~5,400 HP! So a non-sharpshooter can usually down a Scrake in 2 hits, and a Sharpshooter in ONE! And the Fleshpound goes down in about 4 shots from a non-sharpshooter and only TWO(!) from a Sharpie!

This has made me go Sharpshooter if the bigger stuff is being a problem and choose the Crossbow as my backup weapon if I'm a medic, so I can pick off Scrakes, Husks, and FPs from as far away as possible!

Upvote 0
People kept on saying Scrake could be 1 shotted with Xbow - but I was lv5 Sharpshooter and even after reading about the hitbox anomaly and trying 100's of times to shoot just-to-the-right of his head, I never once 1-shotted a scrake - on Hard or Normal. So I call bull**** on that.

After the patch I can.

Cant really prove it anymore. But 1 shotting a scrake by shooting to the right of his head, slightly above his shoulder DID grant a 1 shot kill. I did it well over 300 times.

Upvote 0
Yeah now that head hitboxes work properly FPs are a joke and Scrakes are an even worse joke than before. The off-centre hitbox for scrakes did indeed exist, it was a well-known fact. It just took some trial and error to find it.
Even rookie Sharpshooters will very, very quickly find that a single headshot kills 'em and from there, they learn to LOVE headshotting them ASAP. They're a pushover if ANYONE has a Crossbow, though they can pose trouble if you have the M-14...

Upvote 0
Even rookie Sharpshooters will very, very quickly find that a single headshot kills 'em and from there, they learn to LOVE headshotting them ASAP. They're a pushover if ANYONE has a Crossbow, though they can pose trouble if you have the M-14...
Meh not really, the only thing I find that causes trouble when I'm using the M-14 is a Fleshpound since I can't kill it before it goes berserker mode if I'm alone :/ but then again thats a level 3 sharpshooter on suicidal xP ...ones more my difficulty(normal) I can take out before enrage sometimes and sometimes its a shot(maybe two) after it enrages.

Also I thought xbow only did 4x damage with a headshot...not 6x...

and i remain unconvinced that xbow is the greatest weapon out there for damage dealing -.-; maybe its the slow reload at my level sharpshoot but I find myself dead more often than not when I use it whenever anything focuses on me that won't die from that single shot :x

Upvote 0
Also I thought xbow only did 4x damage with a headshot...not 6x...

and i remain unconvinced that xbow is the greatest weapon out there for damage dealing -.-; maybe its the slow reload at my level sharpshoot but I find myself dead more often than not when I use it whenever anything focuses on me that won't die from that single shot :x

It'd DEFINITELY 6x, which makes it's damage massive.

It's reload gets faster as you level, as does it's damage. But yes, it's a good idea to make sure your shot is a good one, or you'll piss something off and get rushed. Not good for a Sharpshooter to be rushed. Work with your team to prevent that, though!

The biggest issue with the crossbow is that the scope quite literally gives you tunnel vision, and enemies can mob you from the sides without you ever seeing them approach. Watch for that!

Upvote 0
A level 6 sharpshotter can dispatch of any zed quicker and more efficiently then any other perk..... Period.

The choice between an M14 or Crossbow is entirely up to a players style. Both are equally devastating to FPs and Scrakes.

The way I decide from either weapon is entirely on the map I'm on. For example open maps like Farm or Westlondon, I'm better off with a Crossbow, Single 9mm and single Deagle. On a map like Bedlam or Biolabs, close quarters, I'll go M14, single Deagle and 9mm.

Upvote 0
It has to be a glitch that lets the Sharpy 1shot Fleshpounds. He could never do it before on 6man Hard/Suicidal and suddenly they drop dead in a single shot.

I wish more people did that. So stupid when people who clearly have no idea how to kill a Scrake attempt it and get themselves killed despite the fact you've been dropping them like flies. Had a team yesterday in Office Hard, despite frequent warnings to not rage the damn FPs, the 2nd spawn on wave 10 (the first spawn unfortunately appeared right in front of me and resulted in 3 shots killing 2 FPs and a Scrake) spawned ahead, some idiot naded it badly and raged both of them. I got 1 of them but not before the 2nd splattered half the team and made us fail.

Upvote 0