• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Berserker Weapon

I think that the bezerker should get a weapon like a stun gun or something so when he needs to escape from nasty situations or needs to help out other team-mates he has a stun-gun little ammo depending on the level of the bezerker. This gun wouldn't do damage but it would be handy for making escapes and helping out team mates.

Upvote 0
Define "withstand fp". Do you mean if you were alone? or if everyone was hammering on it the fp the whole time? How many hits should it get off?

That statement was a little vague.

I think the shield should just be added to the machete to make it viable, but not usable with any other melee weapons, and definitely above all NOT usable with pistols.

with withstand i meant while the other teammates are bulletspamming the FP ^^ - ill would guess 500-800hp for the shield and cost around 1200+ with theability to repair it like the bodyarmor since "Levelup"

just came to idea, maybe you could make also the riotshield invincible against the sirens - since you can basicly stand next to her and take no damage when your not in her sight (like standing behind a pillar)

Upvote 0
Zerker already has 5 melee weapons.
the machete does suck, unless you've got 3 extra slots but most people keep them to run faster.
They should all have different abilities, the Axe being able to damage 2 specimens at a time (Not Decap 2 at a time) with a slower RoF, the chainsaw be heavy but deal out alot of damage, and the katana be fast attacking.

Upvote 0
I think instead of getting a new weapon, the old weapons should be reworked to have a niche. As it stands right now, the only weapon worth using past wave 1 is the Katana. Let's post ideas as to what we think the current weapons should do.

Knife- Keep it as is. Everyone has it, no need for anything special.

Machete- Tough call on this one. Almost nobody uses it, and it's barely an upgrade to the knife. Personally, I think the machete should be replaced with a blunt option like a sledgehammer or something. The sledgehammer would have slow attack speed like the fire axe. Primary fire could do slightly less damage than the fire axe but can daze or stun any specimens other than Fleshpounds and the Patriarch for 1 second or so. Alt fire bumps this time up to 3 seconds as well as doing slightly less damage than a fire axe alt swing.

Fire Axe- I like the ability to break through doors suggestion, but I don't really see it as being all that useful if you play with decent players (I personally host a listen server for my girlfriend, my friend, and his little brother and we all work together fairly well). I think that the fire axe should be capable of cleaving. Primary fire would do what it currently does; a moderately slow high damage swing. Alt fire, however, would swing the axe in a 120 degree arc in front of the Berserker. This ability would have a 2 second or so "reload" time since it takes a lot of effort to carve through several specimens at once. I think this would give the berserker an option for when they're surrounded, and would allow them to compete with other perks that can take out crowds of specimens from a distance.

Chainsaw- This one is a bit of a tough decision for me. I liked the chainsaw prior to this patch, but since the specimens all got health buffs the primary fire has been rendered fairly useless. I want to say just buff the damage on it so it's capable of killing a clot via decapitation again like the combat knife can do. Maybe lower the run speed nerf a tad as well, considering that husks can hit a chainsaw wielding Berserker like shooting fish in a barrel.

Katana- Don't change a thing on this one. I think that most Berserkers are comfortable with it now. If anything, increase the price to make it less attainable so early.

Upvote 0
How about
701836.jpg

Decaps from a safe distance.
Might even keep decapped specs alive like currently with the chainsaw since it has a longer range, literally mowing the clots down.

Upvote 0
Although I rarely play Berserker myself, I'd like to suggest a pair of small blades for simultaneous use. Maybe katars or similar.

That said, I have no real idea how they would fare in regards to defined role due to the pre-existing weaponry. Since they'd be short, they would require for you to be much closer than with other, longer weapons (Such as the fire axe or katana), but could provide a faster attacking speed or mobility compared to say, the chainsaw or machete.

The damage would probably be similar or slightly higher than the default knife; I'm suggesting this as an additional option, not a definite upgrade to anything (aside from maybe the aforementioned knife itself), but more as an alternative.

Upvote 0
Just a aside note- the Gun Blade fires a round into the blade itself, causing the blade to vibrate, this causing more cutting power/damage, like the vibroblade in Star Wars. I have no idea how applicable this is in RL, this is Final Fantasy, key word FANTASY.

ANYWAY. The riot shield is a pretty good idea. It should replace body armor, be repairable w/ lot of health, and be weldable with the machete. Gives the machete a niche and gives the zerker a more definable "tank" role.

Upvote 0