• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dat game is bad!

lol totally off topic but i read this in billy mays' voice. I wish he would've promoted games.

billy mays here you know, when i come up from doing a line of blow and can't sleep at 3 in the morning you know what i do? I level up my commando perk in killing floor.

Killing floor an intense, visceral, first person shooter from tripwire interactive. A 50 dollar value for 20 bucks!

Killing floor. You can't beat it!

Upvote 0
Honestly speaking, L4D is a more polished game than KF (not by a large margin btw)
Really?
Broken lobbies, auto-join button takes you to full servers, servers that don't match preferences at all, or take 5 minutes of your time to do nothing at all, custom maps that have a horrible support system where you need to install the map beforehand, useless Face Poser tool, relatively high sysreq, unbalanced versus mode with very bad hunter/smoker/boomer detection, exploits abound, the entire combat value is reduced to the overuse of the right mouse button, which they even had to nerf in a way that didn't fit well, any idiots on your team will instantly result in your loss, griefing everywhere, friendly fire is super easy when you walk through your teammates, bots will 'heal' you as you stand in fire, the tank can down your entire team through the use of small physics objects or instant-KILL you all by knocking you off ledges, horrible "ledge hanging" physics in which people hang onto objects 2 feet off the ground, and A SEQUEL COMING OUT A YEAR LATER.

Don't get me wrong. Killing Floor has its issues. But I FREAKING. DARE YOU. TO SAY THAT AGAIN.

PS. Not flaming you, just L4D.

Upvote 0
Srsly? Can you...can you really say how much $20 or $50 worth of game is since you've never spent it? :p

I suppose I just wanted to emphasize how much I liked KF by testing it out in the pirated servers that I decided to actually buy it, a thing I have never did before :p
I just thought I'd regret it, but I don't

Really?
Broken lobbies, auto-join button takes you to full servers, servers that don't match preferences at all, or take 5 minutes of your time to do nothing at all, custom maps that have a horrible support system where you need to install the map beforehand, useless Face Poser tool, relatively high sysreq, unbalanced versus mode with very bad hunter/smoker/boomer detection, exploits abound, the entire combat value is reduced to the overuse of the right mouse button, which they even had to nerf in a way that didn't fit well, any idiots on your team will instantly result in your loss, griefing everywhere, friendly fire is super easy when you walk through your teammates, bots will 'heal' you as you stand in fire, the tank can down your entire team through the use of small physics objects or instant-KILL you all by knocking you off ledges, horrible "ledge hanging" physics in which people hang onto objects 2 feet off the ground, and A SEQUEL COMING OUT A YEAR LATER.

Don't get me wrong. Killing Floor has its issues. But I FREAKING. DARE YOU. TO SAY THAT AGAIN.

PS. Not flaming you, just L4D.

Ok :p

Upvote 0
billy mays here you know, when i come up from doing a line of blow and can't sleep at 3 in the morning you know what i do? I level up my commando perk in killing floor.

Killing floor an intense, visceral, first person shooter from tripwire interactive. A 50 dollar value for 20 bucks!

Killing floor. You can't beat it!

You're doing it wrong. :(

All caps for Billy Mays. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!

Duh! >.>

Upvote 0
This is pretty much what happens every time a doubting L4D player tries out KF. They all watch the vids of it and go "STUUUUUUPIIIIIID" but then they play it and then can't stop raving about how wrong they were.

This has happened to all of my ex-L4D fanboy friends.

If a L4D player is saying how much KF sucks, chances are he's never even played it.

So TWI released it out on a free weekend. And look what happened. 3RD MOST PLAYED GAME ON STEAM ABOVE TF2 AND L4D. Now I know this won't be permanent but look what happened when all the bias doubters had no excuse to not try it out anymore?

All these noob gamers somehow have got it in their head that just cuz a game doesn't have cutting edge graphics that that somehow disqualifies it from being awesome.

And KF kicks all those noobs in the ****ing face.

So what crawled up your ***?

Upvote 0
This is pretty much what happens every time a doubting L4D player tries out KF. They all watch the vids of it and go "STUUUUUUPIIIIIID" but then they play it and then can't stop raving about how wrong they were.

This has happened to all of my ex-L4D fanboy friends.

If a L4D player is saying how much KF sucks, chances are he's never even played it.

So TWI released it out on a free weekend. And look what happened. 3RD MOST PLAYED GAME ON STEAM ABOVE TF2 AND L4D. Now I know this won't be permanent but look what happened when all the bias doubters had no excuse to not try it out anymore?

All these noob gamers somehow have got it in their head that just cuz a game doesn't have cutting edge graphics that that somehow disqualifies it from being awesome.

And KF kicks all those noobs in the ****ing face.

You talk like an infant with all that ranting and raving, I hope you're treated like one in real life.

L4D is an okay game and so is KF, what are you trying to do here? Prove that you're part of some kind of TWI hidden focus group AKA the Rollo of KF? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
L4D is an okay game and so is KF, what are you trying to do here?

Like I said before, I wouldn't like to just blindly FLAME Left 4 Dead, but it has a lot of faults. Here's a conversation I had with someone.

[BMS Dev]Katana: I had this list somewhere
[BMS Dev]Katana: would you like me to paraphrase?
Goliath: Sure
[BMS Dev]Katana: if it's all right, wait till I'm done so I don't lose my train of thought
[BMS Dev]Katana: broken autojoin taking you to full, or mismatched games
[BMS Dev]Katana: useless thrown-in custom-campaign system released just prior to the sequel
[BMS Dev]Katana: friends system constantly reporting people in unjoinable games
[BMS Dev]Katana: lobbies forming randomly, often unable to find servers
[BMS Dev]Katana: too few campaigns
[BMS Dev]Katana: ah ah ah, let me finish
Goliath: (sorry but that's a lot of lobby complaints xP)
[BMS Dev]Katana: yup, it is.
Goliath: go on
[BMS Dev]Katana: Tank rage meter is the equivalent of a 9-year-old pulling the controller away and screaming "NOOOOOO! YOU'RE NOT PLAYING IT RIIIGHT!" as a horrible attempt to catch all exploits
[BMS Dev]Katana: spawning system is extraordinarily difficult in Versus
[BMS Dev]Katana: Versus mode is very unbalanced as the infected largely depend on situational map moments that can easily be missed by...
[BMS Dev]Katana: Complete detection imprecision of all 3 infected types: Smokers can't pull consistently, Hunters can slide over a target, and Boomers can 'miss' even when spraying right at someone.
[BMS Dev]Katana: The overpoweredness of melee attacks was solved with a mechanic that is very nooby-unfriendly and doesn't make much sense
[BMS Dev]Katana: Experts can still time melee just right in a way that pretty much ****s over anyone and everything coming at them
[BMS Dev]Katana: The number of deep, only-known-to-common-players-and-not-in-hints mechanics makes the game awful for its target audience; a party of maybe 1 person who owns the game and 3 people joining for the first time to have fun. (Arcade party game = failed)
[BMS Dev]Katana: Tanks can incapacitate people using physics objects, which doesn't seem to make any sense and can unfairly end a game very fast
[BMS Dev]Katana: same for the ability to knock people off ledges
[BMS Dev]Katana: people get stuck "hanging on" to ledges about a foot off the ground
[BMS Dev]Katana: All guns other than the shotguns feel really useless unless you happen to be shooting a far-off special
[BMS Dev]Katana: White gas cans are useless and on average are a huge cause of friendly fire
[BMS Dev]Katana: You can walk through teammates, and can friendly fire them, meaning you can run backwards, firing forwards, and in the middle go through someone and incapacitate them in your fire
[BMS Dev]Katana: The AI director does not make the game nearly dynamic enough, even if things aren't predictable your general plan doesn't have to change much

Upvote 0
You talk like an infant with all that ranting and raving, I hope you're treated like one in real life.

L4D is an okay game and so is KF, what are you trying to do here? Prove that you're part of some kind of TWI hidden focus group AKA the Rollo of KF? :rolleyes:

My message was more directed towards L4D players who like to badmouth KF without even ever having played it. That pisses me off. Otherwise, no I don't go around saying how much better KF is then L4D.

And yes I tend to rant. Got a problem with it? i am a giant fanboy and i have no shame in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My message was more directed towards L4D players who like to badmouth KF without even ever having played it. That pisses me off. Otherwise, no I don't go around saying how much better KF is then L4D.

And yes I tend to rant. Got a problem with it? i am a giant fanboy and i have no shame in it.

What the hell is with your random orange lettering?

Upvote 0
I have a friend who is a L4D junky. He tried KF over the free weekend event, and he ended up purchasing KF. He had said that he didn't like KF due to the fact that it was more of an RPG game, but he still continued to play, and he has achieved a few achievements. I came over to KF after playing countless hours of L4D. I had grown tired of doing the same things over and over in L4D, not to mention having to deal with people that just wanted to ruin everyone else's gameplay.

When I first starting playing KF, I found it difficult to jump back and forth from KF to L4D, so I stuck with KF. I found KF to be more of a challenge, and I enjoyed playing KF. My L4D friends would ask me about the graphics in KF because they heard it wasn't all that great. I would tell them, yes, the graphics are different, but I'm not playing KF for the graphics. I find that I can now jump back and forth and play KF or L4D. I hope that everyone who has tried and purchased KF will enjoy playing it as much as I have. IMO...KF is well worth the $20 I invested...:D

Upvote 0