• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M's, M's, so many M's!

CannibalBob

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Anyone notice that most of the new weapons have real weapon names? M32, M79, MP7[M], M14, AA12 and SCAR?

All the old weapons have generic names - Hand cannon, 9mm, shotgun, bullpup, etc. instead of actual names like Desert Eagle, USP, Spas-12, P90 etc.

I'm not a gun nut so it took me a bit to get used to the new weapon names :p

All the old weapons have generic names - Hand cannon, 9mm, shotgun, bullpup, etc. instead of actual names like Desert Eagle, USP, Spas-12, P90 etc.

USP? thats a Beretta 92fs/M9 i own one. the P90? no man thats a carbine form of the SA80, the mod used the regular SA80. as for the shotgun, always thought it was a generic one, SPAS-12 would have alot more tactical **** on it.

Upvote 0
Damn it! I knew I'd be criticized for the random gun names I chose from memory from playing Rainbow Six 3 :D As I said, I'm not a gun nut :p ps. what is the LAW, LAR and flame thrower? Think those are actually real?

the lever action is a winchester, the sight on it isnt very common. the flamethrower looks generic but i remember when it was first released back in the mod as a new weapon :D, the LAW i think is a real weapon.

im somewhat of a gun nut, more of a perfume fanatic.

Upvote 0
Niether is the AK. That's a benelli. If you look closely at the chamber it also has a charging handle for when semi automatic fire is engaged.
109.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you lot want to pay licensing fees to those respective manufactures...twi will call it what it is. Until then, generics must be used. :p

Hey, here's an idea. Make the ingame advertisements gun advertisements, I'd watch em. FN, Beretta, Colt, S&W, Benelli, Ruger, etc. etc. Just show me something that goes boom and you have my heart. ;)

Upvote 0
I don't think military names (like M9 pistol, L22A1 Carbine, etc.) are licensed. I could be wrong though.

For the record, the unnamed weapons are:

Bullpup - L22A1 Carbine. It's actually quite accurate when it isn't jamming.
9mm tactical - Beretta 92FS, or US military designation "M9 Pistol"
L.A.W. - I'm guessing it's actually based on the LAW-80, an obsolete British anti-tank weapon (well, more obsolete than other weapons in their arsenal).
Shotgun - Benelli M3 Super 90
AK47 - Some weirdass mix of a Type 56 (hooded front sight, flat muzzle) and a Romanian sidefolder AKM (side-folding skeleton stock, shorter barrel).
Handcannon - Deagle

Upvote 0